Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Finn: Red 5 is in the air!
goon lord next to me in the theater, after viciously assaulting his massive bucket of popcorn for 2 hours: RED 5 WAS LUKE'S CALL-SIGN, NOT HIS SHIP'S REGISTRATION NUMBER

for real, the loving angry eating noises that man made. My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Do y'all emptyquote in GBS? Is that acceptable?

Breakfast All Day posted:

"Red 5" was actually Luke's nickname, given for his notoriety around the Yavin barracks for masturbating until his hand chafed.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

That's an excellent string of posts/av/red text combo there. :peanut:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

And a big warm happy holiday wishes to all of you friends!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Rude.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I liked ROS cuz its 2 and a half hours of big dumb adventure and explosions and lightsabers to turn your brain off to.
I really liked the last scene too. Thought it was a nice close.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

It says more about Kylo Ren's skill that a stormtrooper could hold him off that long.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The only criticisms i have for this big fun swashbuckling laser opera movie were: 1. Rey was better as a nobody. Not everyone has to be a secret descendant of space magic royalty. and 2. I personally would have preferred Skywalker be a replacement title for Jedi.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The Emperor's aesthetic was baller as gently caress with that whole 1930s horror movie lighting. That first real look at him kinda spooked me out but i guess that's what i get for going in high as a kite.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The most criminal thing about this movie will be everyone's youtube recommendations for the next two years being: "WhY tHe RiSe Of SJW SkYwAlKeR FAILED" with some goober making a stupid face in the thumbnail

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah! Just like that!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

One of them was the Jedi Kama Sutra.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The fan theory about Rey being a Kenobi was somehow even stupider than her having dark side tendencies and Emperor lightning in her blood and this is where my brain says "NOPE! That's too much thought about this let's think about those cat videos you watched earlier!"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Mos Eisley is where you go to pick up space-goth chicks with space weed vape pens.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah but ya know who fucks more than Palpatine ever could?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I choose to believe that Kylo Ren sucks at lightsabers so bad because he's whatever the space equivalent of a weeaboo is for Sith Culture, and "studying the blade" in mangas about his grandad is what lead to him being nearly owned by a stormtrooper.

Just picture Kylo unboxing that busted rear end excalibur lightsaber of his while the ginger space nazi yells "IT'S TAPE!"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Real talk, friends: I would daily drive the poo poo out of a star destroyer.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Didn't they say that Carrie (RIP :smith:) dying upended the ideas they had for ROS and they had to scramble to rewrite it? Or was the the case with TLJ?

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 26, 2019

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

In that first part of TFA where Finn refuses to gun down civilians, he looks around and sees his fellow soldiers doing warcrimes pretty enthusiastically. When he guns down stormtroopers after that, he's stopping them from doing further warcrimes. Permanently.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Ah, see you shot yourself in the foot by putting any kind of thought past "weee spaceships and lazer swords" into it.
Rookie mistake.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

I'm not going to read a book about a guy who I already know sucks, and actress I already don't like, and goons. Good suggestion tho.

e: Like no poo poo Lucas sucked, and no poo poo she was hosed up, and no poo poo nerds jacked off to her. There was a book in that?

ee: No or are you just being super creepy and making that book into personal masturbation material? Because what the gently caress who reads this outside of it falling out of a Readers Digest preview section they found of an old copy at a cottage as a kid? ...The gently caress was going on there? Never post again you creepy gently caress.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Do... you think he didn't??

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many prostate massages some consider to be... unnatural.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I liked the alternate ending where Rey buries the lightsabers and says "oi then guv, thats'a nuff a that jedi rubbish then. Off to space college we go."

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 26, 2019

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6C7j4sLqQ8

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Do you think Ben Solo thought of Chewbacca as Uncle Chewie?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

• It's one of the themes of Star Wars that Han Solo is just kind of a scoundrel on his own. His connection with the other characters is what encourages him to rise to the occasion to be something more. Note that Han's theme music is the "Han & Leia" love theme a.k.a. secretly the greatest of all Star Wars theme music; his relationship to the other characters is the most significant thing about him.

You were close but its actually this starting around the 1 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TbWJJMdLsY

and especially this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kORguInD9MM

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Asteroid Field is awesome but I don't know if set piece music counts as a theme, I think it's something separate.

I also tried really, really hard to get into "Across the Stars" back in the day and it just never really did anything for me. Sorry!

:worship: :worship: :worship: The Han & Leia theme in its many varied incarnations

...Even jazz!

I respect your opinions, new friend. :byodame:

Also i always thought it would be really awkward/difficult to fly The Falcon, since the cockpit is hanging off the right side so far. Seems like all the mass of the ship would be out of the pilots immediate awareness and make threading it through places really really difficult.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

If science isn't going to make a Millennium Falcon or star destroyer for me to use as my space apartment/van, the least they can do is make me a BB droid to pal around with.

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 27, 2019

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

And seeing a character like Princess Leia take charge and not take poo poo from the men was really cool for girls. I wanted to be her as a kid. :love:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

That's fine. They can take a xanax about it or whatever.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I thought Rey taking a new name made the most sense of the entire movie.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Alright, I feel lame for doing this myself but I figured if no one else was going to:
https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLxMG8o8VrcJ0hf1ZQAo

(works on Firefox and Chrome)

Thank you for this gift.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Pretty rude of Han to last minute alter his will and leave the Falcon to Rey and not Chewie. Why are sticking around for this, Chewie? You’re a war hero, you don’t have to take this mess from a bunch of human (comparative) children. This movie should’ve focused on Chewie and R2 ducking out and opening a body/speed shop on some planet that does space drag racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Ahsoka was okay i guess for a show about a lady crossing her arms. The parts with anakin were the best parts. But lol I’m not going to watch a child’s cartoon series to understand who most of these people are.