Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I hope this one is also about family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I hope the story goes nowhere and the characters act like loving morons the whole time.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

I can’t wait for a digital corpse actor to tell me it’s actually about family.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

I can’t wait for billions of dollars and countless man-hours worth of painstakingly made forgettable cgi trash to tell me to buy more Disney products.

I also can’t wait until idiots on social media start telling me that seeing this movie and giving Disney money are very important political actions for the betterment of society.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

How can I enjoy my star war if there is no empire and reference to old films from the 70s?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

STAR war 10: The Corescaunt Death Star Crisis
Star War 11: The Jakku Contra
Star War 12: The War on Darth Terror

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Palpatine might as well still be alive. The last two movies already invalidated everything that happened in the OT. Luke and pals didn't change a drat thing, the star war never ends.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

As bad as the prequels were, they are a lot of fun to make fun of or joke about. The new ones are just boring forgettable crap like most marvel movies are.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

The universe and plot they created for 7 was poorly thought out and made exclusively to repeat the story of new hope. By going the direction they did they locked themselves into a dead end plot. They could’ve done anything with the IP, but Disney is a soulless corporation and creativity and passion don’t exist there.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Captain Jesus posted:

It was explained in great length in CineD that there are no racial caricatures in TPM. Now if you disagree, I suggest you go to one of the Star Wars threads there to discuss it.

SMG hasn't been fed in a while.

SMG isn’t permabanned yet? Good for him, he’s one of those people that you want to keep around just because you enjoy hating him.

star war beta max posted:

This is me when the new Plinkett review drops

I don’t know if RLM plans to do a plinkett review this time. I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Something about modern cgi spectacle movies has always felt cheap and lifeless. I feel so detached and like I'm just watching shapes an lights wooshing around. The more grand and complex the spectacle gets, the less I feel myself caring.

I can watch older movies like Alien or Terminator or the original trilogy or The Matrix and it's all really drat good and I feel engaged. Fury Road also had that kind of feeling.

Cgi loving blows and excessive use really shits up movies in my opinion. It seems like CGI spectacle is all Disney ever does anymore.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

I thought some of the droid designs were really cool in that movie. Other than that it was trash though

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Applewhite posted:

I think the running is what ruins it. If she just stayed still until the last second, then did like a crouch and swing to slice the whole spaceship in half in a single stroke, then launched straight into a lightsaber duel with Kylo as he leaps from the two dividing halves of the spaceship, I might be like "ok that was p. cool."

I think it sucks no matter what. In the originals most fights weren’t very flashy and yet they were way better than more generic superhero trash. Hell the originals had way less action in general and were great.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Big Beef City posted:

Something even dumber than all of these wars among the stars being discussed in the star wars thread.

I feel like I'm being JarJar'd all over again for the first time and it's terrible

There’s a star war thread?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo is the best character in The Last Jedi.

She knew exactly that Poe and Finn's plan was total BS (and she's correct!) and she knew her own plan was the best option available. Her sacrifice to stay as a bait to let other escape was very admirable.

Too bad her plan was ruined because Poe and Finn refused to follow her order and did something on their own way. That code breaker guy Finn and Rose bought back ended up betrayed them and told First order about the escaping resistance in small ships, led to many deaths. She ended up having to go with Plan B and kamikaze herself to save everyone (and saved Finn and Rose from getting their head cut)

If her plan succeed, many lives could have been saved and entire last battle on that planet might not happen. Luke would be alive too.

P.S. Her slow decision to kamikaze was understandable since it takes a lot of courage to kill yourself like that and that wasn't in her original plan. (Her original plan is to use that ship as a bait to lure First order away from the hide-out planet)

Is this what the clone war was about?

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

It would have been neat to have 7 establish a post empire galaxy where a new Republic and a new imperial state formed from the remnants of the Empire have near equal influence over the galaxy and have the plot be centered on conflicts between a small localized rebellion on a border region that the republic can't support directly and some neo-sith cult that the new empire supports. There you go. You can now have your plot without making GBS threads on the OT.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

I know right, too crazy. That's why I'm not making the big money.