Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Film still poo poo so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Owlbear Camus posted:

the movie that killed cinema so hard Tom cruise had to use scientology treasure and rent the whole US navy to resurrect it

I wonder how many people walked out of it at the end and , like me, thought “right that’s it. gently caress Star Wars. I’m done. “

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This thread keeps popping back up and giving me PTSD about how astonishingly dogshit it was.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Abrams - “you have to take this incredibly seriously. This is more important than life itself. Meanwhile I’m just gonna scribble a couple of ideas for the whole fuckin plan on the back of this napkin”

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1751278110568321161?s=46

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

No one likes Star Wars.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

There is little point discussing the minutiae of this dumb plot point, or that dumb character arc. The simple fact is that I put more thought and planning into how I’m going to wipe my rear end after a big ole poo poo than Disney put into concluding the story of one of the biggest franchises in movie history.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

What’s really funny is that what they had to do was incredibly simple. Get the old gang back together for one last rip roaring adventure, introduce the new kids along the way, and hand over the torch in a dignified manner. It was that loving simple and they hosed it up in every imaginable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

“Great you’re happy with the cheque Mark. So - here’s the deal. You’re not in the first and last one at all, and in the middle one we’ve got this fantastic scene where you drink blue walrus titty milk. Nice throwback to your uncles house in the original. It’s like poetry. It rhymes “