Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kazak posted:

Star Wars is best when its directly aping ww2 movie battles or samurai/western showdowns

The only good Star Wars movie is A New Hope. I hope Star Wars started and ended with just that film and then nothing ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

HBO did this between seasons because the guy decided he wanted to be in a movie, had a brief scene establishing the new actor was playing the same part, and we pretty much went with it.

Meanwhile Disney thinks that their fans won't understand that Peter Cushing couldn't reprise his roll 23 years after his death and spend a zillion dollars on VFX to resurrect him to mixed reactions about how convincing the effect is.

If they ever do have a story heavily involving the OT main characters set during/closer to the OT (or God help us a full reboot) I'm not convinced they wouldn't try to do this creepy nonsense for every main character in a feature length film.

It would be kind of hilarious to have the only completely practical actors on the clean plate shots be the seven foot fur monster and the robots.

I really wish Disney had just recasted someone new to play Leia. Apparently that came down to the vast majority of the issues with the narrative in Last Jedi, and Rise of Skywalker, was that Leia was meant to be the main character alongside Rey.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

appropriatemetaphor posted:

can someone explain what a "first order" is? like where did the new republic go? the gently caress even happened that The Empire 2 was just sorta there now and someone did a select all delete on the republic navy.

The Mandalorian, and Ashoka TV shows have been slowly filling in the blanks on this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Outpost22 posted:

Why would he come back to play Luke if he didn't agree with the direction they were taking with his character?

A massive amount of money. Everyone has their price.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The thing about the Last Jedi that actually pisses me off, is not the stuff with Luke Skywalker, but the rebel fleet trying to escape the First Order. The whole thing is just completely unbelievable. Why would they not just rip off the plot to that one Battlestar Galactica (the remake) episode? It was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TFA honestly had red flags with me from the very beginning. The movie is just a mess from top to bottom and makes very little sense.