Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
lets hide this child from the evil anakin skywalker
step #1: put the child on anakin skywalkers home planet and not anywhere else in the galaxy
step #2: call the child luke skywalker. really get the skywalker name out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

And then regularly pops in interviews saying “ohhhh, I regret this so much, I had sooooooooo many cool ideas 😥”
a roguish lizard man in a sexual relationship with an underage human on a quest to find the galaxys last remaining crystal skull. jar jar is the character that makes it all work

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Like, they changed Iron Man’s Black Buddy from one film to the next, no acknowledgement whatsoever, and everyone was Iike “yeah that guys cool”
you dont understand the massive cgi budget required in every scene to make it look like terrence howard has an adult penis

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tip posted:

The Goonies, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, the Breakfast Club, True Lies, Good Will Hunting, Up, District 9, Pulp Fiction, Beetlejuice, the Fifth Element, Galaxy Quest, Office Space, Labyrinth, Coming to America, Shaun of the Dead, Groundhog Day, The Professional, The Usual Suspects, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, The Sixth Sense, Inception, and Titanic.

Pretty sure there's more.
several of those movies are about specific contexts of the age/social place of the protagonists, had death or other fixed ending of the protagonist, was a generic typecasting of the main star and thus needed no sequel to get another performance, did actually have a sequel or further protagonist appearance in another movie, or in the case of pulp fiction needed no sequel specifically because it was a series of loosely related stories presented separately instead of a single narrative. 4 of them that i know of either had sequels already or their sequels hit production problems

other than that yeah i dont see why they didnt make titanic 2 by now

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Squashing Machine posted:

The real travesty in all of this is that they keep pumping out bad sequels but we've had viable at-home VR systems for three years and still don't have an X-Wing remake or competent lightsaber game, what the gently caress are they waiting for I might be dead before they get there
what if there was a patch that could change it so anywhere it says master chief it says master skywalker? all the halo games would be a million times better

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Tip posted:

Oh gently caress, you're right, all of that IS relevant to the question.
i agree. none of the stuff you mentioned was relevant to the question you were trying to answer

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
if either the antagonist or protagonist ends the movie in just about the same condition they started in then your movie is primed for a sequel (the antagonist predator species or the protagonist john mcclane)
or if some things changed you can start the sequel with how those things reverted back before going straight to formula (ghostbusters 2 recapped how the business failed and venkmans relationship fell apart)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

sout posted:

i hope they do time travel in this one
well thats a complicated issue because time travel is good when the good guys use it but bad when the bad guys use it. when the bad guys are using it let me tell you... you wouldnt want to be those good guys
its these caveats that make script writing a lot more complicated than the layman usually thinks

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

The olive is blue to indicate that it is a space olive.
i am already immersed in the world you are creating

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Is this blue guy in any of the new Star Wars? He seemed pretty cool in Tie Fighter back in the day.

nice question mark

heres the picture animal-mother was trying to show

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 14, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Torquemada posted:

Also stop being mean to Billy Dee Williams, he’s 82.
people surprised hes still working should remember he works every time

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Star Wars symbolizes unchecked, vain consumerism.

No wait there is no symbolism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
can someone edit the essentials of a new hope into a 5 minute prologue for empire strikes back so we can narrow the franchise down to just 1 movie and burn the rest and never hear about star wars ever again?

poo poo all we need is luke having a flashback while hes healing in that tank that establishes why his vision of ben is more than just a hallucination. will add like 10 seconds to the movie

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 18, 2019