Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
Wait, this is what this game is about? This?

(I've only made it up to the Jesus part but uh.. wow.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
It's incredible how this game gets stupider by the minute, I am flabbergasted at every turn.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mortimer entrusts politics to Louis, with hilarious consequences.

Next time, we meet Jesus.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It's utterly great due precisely how dumb it is.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I love everything about this game, but I also liked Armed & Delirious, so I might just have problems.

Also, Mortimer needed just a bit too long to realize that the guy that got himself mutilated and poisoned through sheer incompetence might've not been the best one to carry out his plan.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
But the vote doesn’t matter so Louis running around is just a distraction for Mortimer’s real plan.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
The way it all just pivoted since that first dinner is so hosed up haha.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
So did Elizabeth actually escape the island, or was she just killed somewhere other than in the room with Louis?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Oh poo poo the mind cops took Louis to Mind Jail

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
what the gently caress is going on

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Louis gets trapped in the Dimension of Asset Reuse.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

Louis gets trapped in the Dimension of Asset Reuse.

lol, those big contortions of the Zeus piece were pretty cool though,

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I'm glad we got to meet Jesus. I feel like someone mentioned that Lizzy had Jesus in her body.

The game is winning me back again. It is so dumb that it has wrapped around into enjoyably dumb.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

mortons stork posted:

what the gently caress is going on

If anything deserves being empty-quoted it's this.

What was the point of this quest? It doesn't seem to have advanced the story at all.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The whole poisoning Holm thing has a kernel of a good idea to it: that these two immortals have known each other for so bloody long that Mortimer could rely on an absurdly specific response to such an innocuous stimulus. The problem is, it comes completely out of nowhere. It doesn't come up anywhere else that Holm has extremely specific ideas about tea, or Mortimer bets Louis some absurd sum that if he offers Holm a glass of wine he'll retch and insist on bringing out some fine Cuban rum instead. They come off as, like, business partners, not guys who've known each other since the Bronze Age.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So could we have cracked Morty upside the head to prevent him from eating Holm?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Find out right now!

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Ratoslov posted:

The whole poisoning Holm thing has a kernel of a good idea to it: that these two immortals have known each other for so bloody long that Mortimer could rely on an absurdly specific response to such an innocuous stimulus. The problem is, it comes completely out of nowhere. It doesn't come up anywhere else that Holm has extremely specific ideas about tea, or Mortimer bets Louis some absurd sum that if he offers Holm a glass of wine he'll retch and insist on bringing out some fine Cuban rum instead. They come off as, like, business partners, not guys who've known each other since the Bronze Age.

Gregory Holm was chucking tons of tea in Sparta.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Let's get this silly chapter done with.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I think the Bible exaggerated about how nice Jesus was.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Please tell me, how many times you go "WHAT..." as you watch this chapter.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Come, Louis I. It's over. Let's leave.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

So besides Peru, they couldn’t be bothered to write anything more than person disappeared endings for “dead” people.

Also, that was an incredibly anticlimactic confrontation. Can’t wait to see how it’s all the same for the other Louis’s.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Lucky everyone had their outstretched hand powers ready

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Welp, that was dumb and rushed.

Really liked the game at the start... it's uh... been a journey to where we ended up.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
This was Very Stupid and very anti-climatic, alright.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Just remembered this exists and is exactly as serious at the confrontation with Morty

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
What an ending! It explained everything and left no loose ends. Also it wasn't rushed or lazy.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Ah, and at last we reach the point in every telltale style game where the budget is completely gone and they have absolutely no ability to tie up all the paths they've set up, so they just....don't. Still, that was extremely rushed even for these things - I was actually legitimately shocked when I realized that was actually it for the final battle, that's really what they decided to ship.

Re: demons vs. politics, I honestly don't think they're completely unconnectable? I was personally expecting the game to go the path of Assassin's Creed or something, with various historical events being revealed to be due to mystical cult nonsense and the like, which is what I thought the demons were going to be. Lean into the demons being some variety of psychic parasite soundwaves, bring in the old canard of "belief = strength", and that should be all the justification you need to have demons care about politics and for the politics to still have meaning even after the reveal.

Looking forward to seeing how rushed and poorly handled the other endings are! (comedy guess: Louis IV dies of poisoning as soon as the chapter starts, and the game fades to black without ever actually resolving anything)

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Wait, was it covered why Godoy is always on the opposite side of Louis in the vote? Was it a result of choices made, or an extremely lazy way to ensure drama in a game where your choices ostensibly matter?

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
I'm just going to say that why doesn't the nail kill Louis if all you have to do is 'touch the blood of an ancient'. Didn't he touch it too? Most of the rest has already been covered, but extra-wow.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Why would Jesus be angry? Morty killed his brother and was gonna kill his grandkids.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
A society of ancient demons who are all lethally allergic to each others blood has some very strange implications.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
What happened to Sarah? We left her alive

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I feel like they were building up to something with Mortimer's actual evil plan, but then they decided not to do one

Also wow, that entire Al Azif plotline through the entire game was certainly worth....that....

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Lord Windy posted:

What happened to Sarah? We left her alive
She went out to sea in a rowboat with no oars.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

That is something. Great ending. Very satisfying.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Love that there was no text for Emilys sister, the masked servant man woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Buller posted:

Love that there was no text for Emilys sister, the masked servant man woman.
Turns out that when Mortimer died all of his servants died as well