Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Stage 23N: 4/100 turns

Upgrades and equipment:
Belzelute: Apogee Motor, Mega Booster, Support attack +1, Evade +5
Nadesico: Booster x3, Apogee Motor, Hit&Away, Hit rate +5, SP +10 x2 (on Yurika)
Layzner: HE Radar x3, Range +5, Combo +1
Dancouga: Booster, Apogee Motor, Hit&Away, Support attack +1
Buldy: Stable OS x2, Sniper Scope,
Aestivalis 0G Izumi:
Aestivalis ArF Akatsuki:
Baybull:

I actually completed this stage back in July, but haven't gotten around to uploading it. Lucky for me, I still have my notes so I still have some clue of what I was doing.

Right, this one. A bunch of Radam mooks, who regen HP, on a bunch of tiles that give them big defensive bonuses. The challenge of this stage is in dealing with the radam and the first reinforcement wave efficiently, the third part is easy enough.

First up, Calvina and Ruri move here. Buldy, Baybull and Izumi have all jumped into Nadesico.

Layzner moves and takes a potshot. I forgot to screenshot it, but Dancouga casts Spirit, Alert and Accel and moves one tile right and below Layzner. Akatsuki moves in beside them for support defense.

Like so. Start of turn 2.

Calvina takes a shot and moves up. She'll be dealing with the first reinforcement wave

Akatsuki takes a shot, which clears the way for Ruri.

Who moves here, with Alert cast.

Layzner combo's some Radam.

Dan moves here and takes something out.

Finally, the scrub brigade comes out, sets up to support defend the Nadesico, and takes some shots.

Start of turn 3.

A bit of Radam clean up, and Nadesico and Dan move away after attacking. The rest of the gang follows.

This triggers the first reinforcement wave, which consists of some Jupiter boys. Calvina takes a Bless, Valor, Cheer, Focus and one shots one of the bosses. She then moves to the right. This triggers the third reinforcement wave, and it's the Layzner crowd this time.

Start of turn 4.

The goal now is to kill a few grunts, which triggers some events, and then the goal becomes letting the Nadesico reach the eastern edge of the map. I don't have enough damage to kill one of the big targets, unfortunately, and burn through the EXP and money spirits on mooks.

Izumi: Cheer
Simone: Cheer
Eiji: Cheer, Bless
Roanne: Cheer,
Nadesico: Gain, Luck, Snipe
Dan: Accel, Gain, Luck
Calvina: Bless, Snipe
Akatsuki: Snipe

That wraps up stage 23N, and with it, the route split.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stage 24: 3/103 turns

Upgrades and equipment:
Belzelute: HE Radar x2, Support attack +1, evade +5
Nadesico: Booster x4, Hit&away, hit rate +15, +10 hit(10)(Ruri), SP +10(Yurika)
Layzner: Mega Booster, Apogee Motor x2, Range +5 x2
Dancouga: Multi Lock-On SYS, Super Alloy Z, Support attack +1, Hit&away
Sword Strike Gundam:
Aestivalis 0G Izumi: HE Radar,
Aestivalis ArF Akatsuki:
Baybull:
Lasse Brain:
Nanga Brain:

The routesplit has come to an end, and I've got Kira and the Brains back. Some items are shuffled around, Nadesico and Layzner need all of the movement they can get, and Calvina needs some more weapon range. Ruri invests in her hit rate, to improve chances of landing an unreliable shot.

Start of the stage. Everyone but Layzner jumps into the Nadesico, which surges ahead.

Layzner does the same.

Start of turn 2. All the FMP mooks offed themselves, only Reina in the Savage, and Zaied in the Shadow. Both of them get scanned.

Simone gets a Bless and a Cheer, focuses and sends Zaied packing.

Ruri Snipes up, and one shots Reina. This triggers the second part of the stage.

...Which is a solo Behemoth. Behemoths are big buckets of HP with a Lambda Driver, which gives them a damage reducing barrier. Most of the scrubs can't actually hurt it.

The Aestivalises can, though. They jump out and start the hurting.

Calvina casts Valor, Snipe, Break and attacks as well.

Kira casts Valor and joins in.

Dancouga casts Spirit, which actives Beast Mode.

Finally, Layzner moves in as well.

Roanne heals up Nadesico, it can't hurt the Behemoth.

And finally, the brains park next to Calvina, as set up for the next turn.

Start of turn 3.

First order of business is taking down the Behemoth. Kira casts his second Valor.

The Easties weigh in.

Finally, Simone gets Bless and Cheer, and finishes it off with Nadesico support.

This causes a bunch of plot to happen, and a bunch of Combattler/Voltes goons show up. If the boss is shot down, the stage ends.

The Brains lay into him.

Some people get a bit of exp before I end the stage. Dan has Gain/Luck on.

Calvina gets a Cheer/Bless, Valors up, and sends the boss packing. Thus ends the stage.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stage 25: 9/112 turns

Upgrades and equipment:
Belzelute: Mega Booster, HE Radar, Festenia
Nadesico: : Large Generator x2, Booster, Hit&away, hit rate +15,(Ruri), SP +10 x2(Yurika)
Archangel: Flight unit, hit +5 x2
Layzner: Apogee Motor x2, Range +5 x2
Dancouga: HE Radar, Propellant tank, Support attack +1, Hit&away
Launch Strike Gundam: Flight unit
Aestivalis ArF Izumi:
Aestivalis ArF Akatsuki:
Baybull:
Lasse Brain: Chobham Armor, Support defend +1
Nanga Brain: Apogee motor, Chobham Armor
Voltes V: Super Alloy Z, Support attack +1
Combattler: Super Alloy Z

So, stage 25. I know it can be completed in 7 turns if you have Voltes drafted, I've seen someone do it. The first time I played through this I got 12 turns and left it for the night in disgust. All of the progress I made toward beating that playthrough was wiped away, simply because I hadn't drafted Voltes.

A few days ago I picked the game back up with new confidence, played through the stage again, and got 11 turns, and decided that I'd just take it. Then, when taking screenshots, I noticed that Voltes has Fury. This is a big deal, because it cuts a turn from the first part, and then I went back and fairly easily got a 9 turn.

We start the map with just Voltes and Combattler, and have to damage two enemies to a point where they get killed by event. Both cast accel and spirit, and move north. End turn 1.

Turn 2. Voltes casts Fury, Alert, Wall. Combattler casts Assault and Alert, then moves next to Voltes for a support attack, and attacks. Then Voltes attacks as well.

Turn 3. A repeat of the same. Voltes casts Fury, Alert, Wall. Combattler casts Assault, Wall and Alert. Katherine gets destroyed by event on enemy phase, and a big new wave spawns in the West. Turns 4 and 5 are spent with Voltes running away, which wasn't interesting enough to screenshot.

We pick things back up on turn 6. The goal is to destroy all enemies, which is tough because they're big sacks of HP and basically all of them can only be killed in two or more attacks. Calvina and Dancouga are by far my hardest hitters, so they're going to be doing the heavy lifting. Calvina needs Festenia as her sub-pilot to get enough damage.

Dancouga casts Accel, Spirit and Alert, and attacks. Lasse and Nanga park next to it for support defense. Layzner Accels, Calvina Snipes to be able to hit.

Most of everyone else piles into the Nadesico. It and the Archangel accel away.

Turn 7.

Much of the same happens. Dancouga casts Accel, Alert and Wall. Lasse and Nanga once again move next to Dan for support defense. The goal here is to put the closest by enemies in one hit kill range for Dancouga. Layzner casts Accel and Focus, and moves north to start working on the northern group.

Turn 8. Enough enemies were killed on enemy phase to spawn the second and final wave of reinforcements. Calvina is going to mostly mop those up as Dan focuses on the remainder of the first wave.

Dan pops it's propellant tank, casts guard, and moves. Nanga once again moves next to him for some support defense. Lasse has to stay away because enemies will go after him instead of Dan on enemy phase.

Nadesico MAPs some fools

Kira and Buldy pop out, focus up and attack something.

Calvina casts focus and fury, and attacks the boss.

Finally, Layzner moves in and attacks.

Finally, turn 9. This turn is spent setting up the mop up on enemy phase, and burning through Cheers and Blesses.

First order of business. Calvina casts Fury and Focus again, and gets Cheered and Blessed. Layzner gets Cheered, and attacks. Then Calvina kills the boss.

Dan casts Guts and Guard, and chips one final enemy. They're going to mop up the remainder on enemy phase. This screenshot is different from the final version, Nanga and Lasse have to clear out to not get attacked on enemy phase.

Burning through spirits for money and EXP

buldy: bless, cheer
Nanga: cheer
kira: cheer
baybull: bless
AA: gain, assault, luck
nadesico: gain, luck

Everything left gets killed on enemy phase, the end. Finally

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Nice to know the thread isn't dead.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Thanks. Stage 26 is unfortunately also a complete pain in the bum, but I'm slowly chipping away at it.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stage 26:4/116 turns

Upgrades and equipment:

Belzelute:
Nadesico: : Booster x3, high efficiency OS, Hit&Away, Range +15, Weapons +2
Archangel: M Booster, Booster x2, Apogee motor
Layzner: Large Magazine
Dancouga: Apogee motor x2, Hit&Away, Counter
Buldy: Hyper Sensor, Weapons +1
Sword Strike Gundam: HE radar, Flight unit, Hit&Away, Weapons +7
Aestivalis Air Izumi: Flight unit, HE radar, HE thrusters, melee +5 x2
Aestivalis Air Akatsuki: HE thrusters
Baybull: HE radar, Weapons +1
Lasse Brain: Super Alloy Z, servo motor x2, Weapons +1
Nanga Brain: Super Alloy Z, servo motor x2, Weapons +1

Another complex map that took a lot of resetting to get right. I've seen this map 3 turned by a team similar to mine, with Mazinkaiser added to it.

The starting positions. I've not taken a screenshot of it, but there's a wave of enemies in the lower left corner of the map. They are going to move towards a zone I have to protect in the upper right corner, and along the way they'll only attack things next to them. So, I have to position units in a way that allows me to clear them out on enemy phase.

There's also going to spawn a second wave in the bottom right, and a third in the bottom middle, when enough enemies are shot down. And then a final, fourth wave, once all enemies are shot down, in the top left again.

Tekkaman Blade, Blue Earth, Layzner and Dancouga pile into the archangel which accels to the right to intercept the second wave.

Everyone else hitches a ride with the nadesico, which accels here to deal with the first wave.

Turn 2. Archangel crew first. Archangel once again accel moves, then Dancouga with Guard up Accels out, Layzner joins them with Focus up. Their positioning is very important; the second wave will spawn on enemy phase, move and attack them.

On the other side of the map, Yurika tires some fools.

Simone unloads

And then moves and Snipes.

Strike and Calvina jump out and kill something. Calvina's position is important for dealing with the third wave.

And then the mook squad piles out, kills two things and hurts one other one. These all have to be crits.

turn 3, on the right side of the map.

Archangel casts Accel, Assault, Focus, Gain, Spirit, and kills something with a crit.

Dan and Layzner both attack and position themselves to kill the rest of the wave.

The situation on the other side. Only one more enemy needs to be offed to spawn the third wave.

Strike does the honors, then Hit&aways to intercept a part of the third wave on enemy phase.

Roanne and Lasse kill two things, Roanne hit&aways into the Nadesico

And Calvina Blesses up and MAPs some fools, then hit&aways to intercept another batch on enemy phase. I've now set everything up to die on enemy phase, and spawn the fourth and final wave.

Izumi and Nanga pile into the Nadesico as well, which then offs the last enemy of the first wave, and moves north.

Simone and Akatsuki park next to them.

Turn 4. Nadesico gets resupplied, MAPs some fools.

And then Hit&aways. All the others damage enemies enough to get killed on enemy phase.

And Dancouga takes a potshot at Blade.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stage 27:4/120 turns

Upgrades and equipment:
Belzelute: Booster, HE thrusters
Archangel: Booster x2, High-eff OS, Flight Unit
Layzner: Mega Booster, Apogee motor x2
Dancouga: Booster x2
Buldy: Hyper Sensor
Sword Strike Gundam: HE radar, Flight unit
Baybull: HE radar
Lasse Brain: Super Alloy Z, servo motor x2
Nanga Brain: Super Alloy Z, servo motor x2

We finally have an easy map again, as a breather. You have to choose between deploying Nadesico or SEED units. I pick Archangel, as I need the Strike.

Starting positions. To give an overview of the map, there's a pack of Layzner enemies at the top left of the map. Once you clear most of those, two reinforcement waves spawn in the bottom left and top right. Then, when (I think) the first pack is finished off, there's a final reinforcement wave in the top left.

Nanga, Baybull, Buldy and Aile Rouge hop into the Archangel. Basically everyone who has it casts Accel. Layzner sprints ahead

Calvina goes left to deal with the reinforcement wave.

Dancouga and Strike go north to deal with the other.

Turn 2. More boring movement.

Layzner moves among the first wave. I forgot to take a screenshot, but Archangel moves to the top left as well.

Turn 3. Layzner goes after the first Dimage.

Archangel casts accel, assault, focus, and offs a grunt.

Simone comes out with a Cheer and sends Julia packing.

After which Roanne and Nanga come out for the final enemy.

Final placement. Dancouga casts Gain, Guard, Focus. Kira and Calvina Focus up as well.

Remnants on turn 4. The bottom left wave was killed completely by Calvina. The top right wave was almost completely done in by Dan and Strike. Dan kills the final one without much fanfare.

Cagalli comes out and does something.

Archangel Scans Sheila and Jonathan. Simone gets a Cheer, and offs Sheila.

Nanga and Roanne take care of the final Grand Cher mooks.

Archangel plinks Jonathan.

After which Layzner gets the kill with Bless and Cheer, ending the stage.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Feb 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Stage 28:8/128 turns

Upgrades and equipment:
Belzelute: Mega Booster, Large Magazine, SP +15
Nadesico: Booster 3x, Apogee motor
Layzner: HE Radar, Apogee motor x2, Supp Atk +1
Dancouga: Booster 2x, SP usage -10%
Sword Strike Gundam: HE Radar, Flight unit

I'm back, and it didn't take a full year this time! That's something!

I've been unmotivated to play because I saw someone else do a far better run of this game. It's on another forum, I'll link to it if you want to. I also discovered a problem with my run because of it. My units are way underleveled compared to the other run, and it seems to have to do with me not spreading EXP around to all my units, making the average level of deployed units low, which (I think) makes enemies spawn at low levels. Another problem is that I've got significantly less Zeal/Enable/Aid spam available, and probably can't 1 turn all of the endgame, if I could even be bothered with that much planning.

So if I continue this run, and that's not a certainty, I'm thinking of adopting a more casual pace instead of the aggressive lowturning that I've done up till now.

Now, on to the chapter. I've seen this 7 turned, with an Eiji with Zeal unlocked due to better levels and a lot rigging. I thought the rigging in scenario 27 was borderline but the 7 turn clear is just ridiculous. So I settle for a more reliable 8 turn clear.

Start of the chapter. It's a bunch of Brainpowerd plot stuff, we're going to have to occupy Jonathan till turn 4. It's possible to defeat him with enough rigging and liberal use of Valor and Break, but it completely empties Calvina's SP pool, and it makes the rest of the map really unreliable. So I'm going to just sit it out

Yuu and Calvina move and the turn ends.

Turn 2. Calvina takes off, towards the place enemy reinforcements will spawn.

Turn 3. Moving some more

Turn 4. Finally something to do this map. Clearing all of these enemies out will start the next part, though it seems there's also some other conditions that can cause it. Regardless, Calvina casts Focus and Snipe, and sets to clear the field. She'll face low but not 0% hit chances on enemy phase. She'll have to dodge them all.

Turn 5. A Bless and Focus go up, and Calvina offs the last battleship, then moves straight south. She sets up to MAP two bosses on the next turn. She faces another slightly dubious enemy phase.

Player reinforcements spawn and jump into the Nadesico.

Turn 6.

Dancouga gets a Cheer, jumps out and offs something to hit level 24 and gets Valor for it's trouble. This is very important.

Eiji does a thing and Calvina fires her Focuses and Valors, MAPs and moves. She has 55-60% hit chance on both targets and has to hit both. She then faces another dubious enemy phase, and needs to dodge all attacks coming her way, and hit all of her counters.

Turn 7. I didn't take a screenshot of it, it seems, but Dancouga casts Valor, Accel, Strike, Gain, Luck, Guard and offs the boss to the immediate right of Calvina. Eiji offs another one with an assist from Calvina, and she finally hits the big bad.

Kira is also here and sends another one packing. Everything goes after Dancouga on enemy phase.

Turn 8. Mopping up.

Eiji softens up Pride.

Nadesico casts Luck and Gain, and offs the second battleship

Some repair EXP is farmed

Kira chips for some EXP

And Dancouga sends big bad home with my final Bless.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 1, 2021