Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I got the legions use levy slots things quickly, but it took me like 45 minutes to find how to build cities lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

You government screen with a list of provinces has a setting for turning on auto trade

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I in the late stages of a carthage run where you be booted rome out of italia and am now planning my reconquest of Phoenicia

Rome biggest things are that they just have a gently caress load of troops and they grow really drat fast so your stuck basically trying to make sure their forces stay split up so they don't drown you in buffed up infantry. If you can keep them out of magna greacia they become a lot more manageable.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

loving Paradox!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

For commanders are you assigning them through the military screen? The window that pops up when you clicj the actual unit let's you choose between the 4 people you can assign to each legion

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Basically if integrating them gives me a significantly bigger military then it's worth it. I've really played carthage so far but integrating the massalyisans and maesyllians or whatever are no brainers, because your gonna be expanding Into those regions anyway integrating them immediately gives you more levies. By contrast the Mauritanians in the east are a much smaller population and are outnumbered by the other cultures in the region, so I don't bother integrating them.

oh yeah you can also unintegrate cultures later,so if you want to you can give the romans rights after you conquer italia for the massive military, then later om after you have more sources of armies you can take those rights away and remove so call roman "culture" from the map

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 21, 2021

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

There's a bit of artwork of a village or city in the state screen or whatever click on that and it'll let you upgrade

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Carthage can also unlock levantine traditions without doing anything special

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jabarto posted:

So can someone explain to me very basically how to keep senate approval up? I'm trying to get a Carthage game off the ground and I literally haven't done anything at all for the first decade because it stays at 45%-50% no matter what I do.

Also is there any benefit at all to playing a republic and being forced into a total doormat role like this?

Having a popular ruler and fulfilling party agendas will increase senate approval.

That said, tyranny isn't a bad thing. Yeah it can make some things harder, but so long as you don't have like 30 of it it's fine, and can even be good as tyranny reduces your aggressive expansion

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the dlc is mostly custom mission trees for certain factions and great wonders, which are nice but are very much a late game flex. Everything else is free

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jabarto posted:

I know it's been talked about recently, but I'm really worried about how fast Rome is expanding in my Dumnonia game. It's only been about 30 years and they already have all of Italy and are pushing into France and Carthage. I'm well on my way to uniting the British isles but it seems like I'm already too late to ever mount an effective resistance against Rome once they turn north. Am I really screwed that soon out of the gate?

playing as gaul rn, rome somehow hasn't really done much against carthage but ate greece, illyria, and most of dacia. Managed to get a good win against them by waiting for them to declare war on someone else then invaded while all their armies were elsewhere. They were able to focus on me eventually, but with their losses they'd taken against me and whoever they were at war with combined with the size of the front let me beat isolated armies until I was no longer outnumbered.

I haven't messed around with them a lot but I think the espionage options have potential to help out too. Bribing a legion commander into disloyalty can take that legion out of the war, and if your lucky you might be able to flip them.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lmao, in my tuscia game they ended up getting eaten by the samnites and the lucineans after I kicked them out of rome

wonder what the event text for that is

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

You can also speed up integration by allowing intermarriage in the culture screen. Check the decisions there, theres some cool stuff.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a fatguy baldspot posted:

That’s what I figured. What’s the best way to get more population capacity? I’m at 57/56 in my capital and the slave pops I capture in battle don’t seem to be going there anymore.

Aquaducts and innovations. If you need more building slots there's a province development button that can give you an extra one in exchange for political influence

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Honestly even if it doesn't it can be worth it to take it. the benefits of matching civics aren't that goodp

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In my experience forts just become speedbumps once your big enough to be a regional power, and even the built up ones stop mattering if your a major. Like the lovely level one forts you can just assault.

I don't even bother sieging them down, just assault them right off the bat and they'll usually go down if you have 5000 or more troops. Use mercenaries and it doesn't even cost manpower. For bigger forts I'll try to reduce the garrison a bit but if you get a breach in the wall you can go ham and save yourself the time

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i need to stockpile the influence to keep my governor and legates from causing a civil war tho

I will admit that getting rid of an annoying governor by intentionally botching a trial so the kick off their attempt at power while my cohorts are ready to strike is satisfying tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Bosporan kingdom is good, Thrace is also good if you want to get spicy. Once you think you have a decent grasp of the games basic systems play as Carthage and put some hair on your chest