Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
I'd settle for them actually trying - I'm an archaeologist and I can't pronounce half this poo poo but I'll at least do so the same way each time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Drone posted:

pls this is the imperator thread. "grammar patricians" tyvm

That's actually patriciani grammatico

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
I will never stop complaining about pronunciations, this stuff has already been Anglicised for you, aaaah

Admittedly this is a road that ends with me butchering the phrase 'Basilion Rhomaion' or whatever madness CK2+ has gone for

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

V for Vegas posted:

e: games not even out yet and it's already in the Paradox loop of waiting until the next cool feature is added before playing it.

Games > Imperator: Actually, Rome was patched in a day

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

cheesetriangles posted:

Somehow Egypt went from about 50 cohorts to 330 cohorts on only 3000 pops 170k max manpower. I suspect something funky with a series of revolts they had because it doesn't make any sense for them to have that many.

The AI seems to switch over to mercs exclusively after manpower is depleted which might be it

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Weebus posted:

Being able to hire mercenaries in enemy territory is colossal bullshit. loving love it when egypt hires 60000 mercenaries standing on top of rome and burns my capital down. There should at least be a notification when your enemies hire mercenaries in your territory.

Yeah as noted above this just isn't a thing, or if it is it's a very fringe bug

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Worth noting that different units have different weights, so there's a role for light inf and light cav as the sieging army with your good units taking less attrition in neighbouring provs or as the 'sack undefended provinces for slaves' army: I'm slowly depopulating Cyprus by this method, gently caress Phrygia

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

ilitarist posted:

I'm afraid that navies will be complex but useless. They still have that rule from EU4 that if you control both sides of the straight then you don't care about enemy blocking the way, right? I'm afraid that navy will still be a drain on your resources and attention without being all that important unless you're Crete or something.

I think this still holds but it's control, not ownership, so capturing one side would do it

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

dead gay comedy forums posted:

drat, as always, glad that I haven't bought it at release.

I think Paradox should try a new scheme for these games. Like, instead of an open commercial release, some sort of "community release" first where the game is launched towards the usual fans who can tinker with, bash, bend, stretch and make excel spreadsheets detailing how much of a thing is bad in a thousand different ways and thus facilitate the inevitable iteration process. As it is, it just makes me wonder (big emphasis on the "personally" here) why pick it up on release or early in the long-term development process?

There was a beta that they took signups for at PDXCon, but for whatever reason they skipped the chance to have me tell them that their supposedly developed-through-multiplayer game could really use things like chat or a lobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
We've been trying MP since launch and the desyncs have always been there sadly