Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Steam release should come with Deadliest Warrior 2 :getin:

oh hell but gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i'd love full on matchmaking for duels with deadliest warrior guys added

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseInnocentLEDPanicVis-pmsmL_mhdV9tZudq

No overtime? Hmm.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Wasn't that literally a thing in Chiv 1 when you still had living people? Might be conflating with some other objective game but

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Orv posted:

Wasn't that literally a thing in Chiv 1 when you still had living people? Might be conflating with some other objective game but

EDIT:
nvm i'm a dumdum

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
chiv 2 soon

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

If no one makes a Chiv 2 thread, I'll petition for a name change, update the OP and maybe just post a link to the page where Chiv 2 discussion begins. I'll do the footwork.

If someone does make a Chiv 2 thread, post the link here pls

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do ittttttt

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
chiv poo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Can't wait for the "oh this game is cool" "oh its full of racists" "oh its racists who are doing some weird spinny poo poo" cycle again.

Unironically

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my plan is to get in and take advantage of the first part and get out before the other two parts set in

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

my plan is to get in and take advantage of the first part and get out before the other two parts set in

Orv
May 4, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
My hope is that since Mordhau still exists and loves catering to racists, while Chivalry 2 lets you play as women & POC and thus might turn them away. Hopefully.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Chiv 2 open beta announced. 27th through the 31st.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

mdct posted:

My hope is that since Mordhau still exists and loves catering to racists, while Chivalry 2 lets you play as women & POC and thus might turn them away. Hopefully.

you'll find your answer the first time you fight someone named DeusVult88

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Ben Quebec posted:

you'll find your answer the first time you fight someone named DeusVult88

which should be about a minute into your first match

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
The good thing about it being EGS timed exclusive is that it's a lot harder to change your username on the EGS and there's actual rules surrounding it, so there's less obviously racist ones.

Epic Prison Guy
Aug 1, 2020

what the gently caress is with the racism in this game? why cant you be black in this game? have these people not heard of the moors or saracens? You can literally only be like 5 different types of white dude and theres no black haircuts either except maybe none and buzz cut

Epic Prison Guy
Aug 1, 2020

on the plus side, if I cleave of some motherfuckers head with a sword, theres a good chance I've just killed a nazi

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
They've never done anything to curb the racist environment of the game, and made completely empty promises early about later including other skin tones and playable women (the latter even with a somewhat finished model, even.) It's been nearly two years and they've never even hinted that those are coming soon, on top of promoting a preeeetty hostile atmosphere on their official forums.

Long and short of it, the reason why this game has so many racists is because the devs court and are making the game for those racists. Eastern European dev studios, baybee!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I gotta be honest, Ive never seen more racism here than I have in most other games, but I play FPS and MMOs so those are already pretty toxic sometimes

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

eonwe posted:

I gotta be honest, Ive never seen more racism here than I have in most other games, but I play FPS and MMOs so those are already pretty toxic sometimes

the difference is, I think, that those two genres often have a large enough general playerbase to water down the racists/nazis/etc... while mordhau is basically a niche game that caters to them, so they're a larger total %

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Also in some games you can report the Nazis and it actually results in consequences for them sometimes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

the difference is, I think, that those two genres often have a large enough general playerbase to water down the racists/nazis/etc... while mordhau is basically a niche game that caters to them, so they're a larger total %

yeah thats fair I guess

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Yeah that's basically it. If your only interaction with the playerbase is directly though the game, then it isn't THAT toxic by online gaming standards, but the way the devs turn a blind eye to it all is pretty gross.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I joined a discord (never join official discords but I'm stupid, daisnaid) today and within like half an hour of casually watching chat I muted everything but announcements. I dunno if every single corner of gaming is full of chuds, insufferable man children or often both but it sure loving feels like it lately.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
You guys know you can turn off chat completely in settings, right? You won’t miss anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah but that doesn't censor the lovely names or avatars (unless they added a feature for this in which case just the second part) and it still sucks that it's endemic to the game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just try to bully them extra hard with my tryhard sweat ballerina dance swordfighting that I honed in duels

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I once made someone with a god emperor trump name rage quit by throwing 3 bucklers at him repeatedly

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

eonwe posted:

I just try to bully them extra hard with my tryhard sweat ballerina dance swordfighting that I honed in duels

This is the other side of the coin and it rules bc these dudes are also incredibly easy to rile up and troll until they get an aneurism

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Vengarr posted:

You guys know you can turn off chat completely in settings, right? You won’t miss anything.

Just because I don't see it doesn't mean I'm not mad that it happens regardless. I would turn off the in-game chat for lovely Gamers reasons regardless, even without throwing on white supremacy on top of it.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Mordhau is one of the more racist games I've played and I play Hearts of Iron and Red Orchestra, which are games that actually feature Nazis

Dog King
May 19, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I could've guessed this game was full of nazis just based on it being developed by eastern Europeans and being called Mordhau

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The LOTR maps are pretty fun and well done, especially Osgiliath. Remember to crank up the music while you chop down some orcs and Always Be Yelling.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Chivalry 2 open beta on epic is live btw

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I'm pretty sure I've gotten at least one person extremely spicy mad at the fact that I'm playing as a black woman that they decided to teamkill me and have us lose the entire match because they were so focused on doing that instead of getting people off the Duke. At least, that's my best guess as to why. Coulda just been a regular flavor griefer, but they did target me over it.

I consider this a success regardless.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Even though it's a beta, there are already a bunch of apparently moderated duel servers available through the server browser. Those are a fun way to get some more in-depth time with the combat system without the omnipresent chaos of the regular modes.

So far, it seems like kicking is gonna be a pretty big part of combat from now on. I had a lot of success mixing up ripostes with kicks, since it seems pretty easy to lull people into rhythm of attack-riposte-attack-riposte that a kick can break through. Also, aside from one kind of funky overhead, I have not yet seen any fancy spinny backbreaking animation fuckery, so that seems promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I really liked Chiv 1's first-person view over any other similar game's third person, but now I find myself using third person exclusively, it's just easier to navigate the battlefield when you have peripheral vision, and even in single combat it's way easier to get a feel for the distances. I need to try first person a lot more to see if I get used to it but my performance takes a big hit when I do.