Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fired this up last night, before I knew it, it was 1:30 in the morning. Game good.

Right now I've mostly just been using the Footman preset and poking people from behind my teammates, now that I have 10k welfare gold I'll be able to play around with custom classes some more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fists are weapons. Brawler exists. :colbert:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Saw one video of a guy playing Thunderstruck until he got brained with an eveningstar.

e: gently caress, page snipe

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like horde mode scales in difficulty way too quickly for the amount of points you get?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The halberd is absolutely disgusting in Frontlines, especially the alt grip where you're striking with the pointy end. Stabs for fishing kills out of huge brawls, then strikes to smash in the skull of that archer you caught napping, or to gently caress over that one rear end in a top hat tooling around on a horse.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I haven't seen much of it on the Oceania servers, though that's not to say there's not an abundance of your typical casually foul-mouthed bogans. They're just a lot less aggressive about it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, on my peasant build I got a random riposte off with the scythe, beheaded one guy, killed a passing horse then hacked the rider to death while he was ragdolled. :black101:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I think the most fun I've been having with this game is a 2/1/1 halberd buiild with Friendly, skirting around the edges of huge melees and fishing for kills with stabs and overhand strikes. The halberd is surprisingly good 1-on-1 as well, people just don't seem to realize how large the hitbox of it is.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I know he's Australian but that seems a little harsh, dude. :v:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Spear users are just cowards who are afraid of using an actually versatile weapon, the halberd. :colbert:

Pole axe is an acceptable substitute if you really want a backup weapon.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Doltos posted:

I'm surprised this game has no castle siege or wacky modes.

Seconding this. Give me full-on Monty Python absurdity like cow catapults and poo poo. Chivalry kinda had this with the fantasy-esque volcano fortress.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That new cleaver skin is just a medieval bowie knife, holy poo poo.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I have determined that the best build is a peasant with three frying pans. Two for throwing, one for bashing people with.

Then you throw the third one and punch them to death.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The Cruel voice feels like a poor imitation of the Mason Knight. That dude was a loving boisterous psychopath and I miss spamming the laugh while cleaving people in twain. I'm still going to recreate his default look once I have enough gold though.

Also they need to find the guy who did the Agatha Vanguard. Probably one of the most unhinged people I have ever heard.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Considering the amount of money they've made on sales alone, I don't think it matters. They've made more than enough on this game to justify providing new content.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I think the war axe has clicked for me. The trick is to just not give a gently caress and wade into a brawl swinging for the fences. If you happen to kill a teammate then that just means they shouldn't have been in the way. :black101:

Also people constantly gently caress up the timing on parrying the maul due to how slow it is. These two are definitely my favorite 'big' weapons.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I don't get why people have such a problem with people using the easiest tactics available in Frontlines. The game mode is already chaos incarnate, just revel in the bloodshed start chopping people up.

Chivalry was more or less the same before people figured out how to abuse hitboxes.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Haven't got enough cosmetics to make it more accurate, but I'm surprised I haven't seen this done already:

No armor, no weapons, Brawler, Bloodlust, Dodge and a handful of other perks.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The chainmail coat you unlock at like rank 20-something (maybe 30) looks pretty sweet. That plus the the brigantine arms/legs could make a nice combination.

I've been trying and failing to make a good Solaire costume, the available sun decals are worse for it than Chivalry's, and the closest thing to Solaire's green mantle thing (the wolf pelt) doesn't have the right colours.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I believe they're going to be adding playable women as the next major content inclusion, plus a new map.

They've also made mention of more racial diversity, it's just taking time because they want to accurately model them and not just slap dark skin onto the current generic European dudes.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I play Crossroads just to sit on the spawn ballista and ragdoll any enemy horselord that dares to cross my line of sight. I don't mind that my score is piss, it's cathartic.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The option to 'brace' pole weapons as a counter to cavalry might be one solution. Have it work kind of like the engineer spikes, harmless if they just walk up to you but a charging horse or a guy running full tilt into the hurtbox gets impaled. The tradeoff being that you move at about the same speed as an archer with their bow drawn.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Finally hit rank 30! :buddy:

...but I'm still too poor to afford the cosmetics I want. :smith:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

This must be a US/Europe phenomenon because on the Australian servers there's still a healthy mix of everything from what I've seen.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The maul is still my go-to weapon, so many people in frontlines fail to appreciate how long the windup is and end up panic parrying too early.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mercifully, the official Oceanic servers only have a 48 player cap. Which is actually somewhat strange considering how popular the game is down here.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Triternion are Europe-based IIRC so that may be why the bigger servers are mostly in Europe. Could also have something to do with active player count or hardware availability.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

Not being able to equip lvl 3 head to toe with a Zweihander is harshing my GiantDad fetish.

Take Scavenger and pilfer one from one of the hundreds of default zweihander babies in every game.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is it just me or did they increase the price of the Armet Plume tenfold while nobody was looking? I don't remember it always being 60,000.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mordhau is definitely the better game, but I'm still sad that they couldn't get the guys who did the Agatha Vanguard or Mason Knight.

From what I've heard the Foppish voice is the Agatha Archer, so that explains why it's the best one.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Trudis posted:

So it works 2 ways. In the regular form, the swing has a grab effect that will snag someone off their horse. On the alternative mode, the stab is the one with the grab.

In my experience the grab only actually counts for enemies on foot. As long as you directly damage a horseman with either a stab or strike it'll knock them on their rear end, hurting the horse does nothing (unless you kill it of course).

Also, don't try and joust couched charges with it. You will always lose that fight.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sitting on the ballista on Crossroads for the entire match and ragdolling any horselord who dares to enter your firing line is pure catharsis.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

30-minute autoban for 7 TKs in a match with melee or ranged weapons, get hosed windmill spammers :commissar:

e: Doesn't include siege weapons.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The scythe is the best weapon in the game and you can't convince me otherwise. Insanely long reach and it's perfect for one-shotting all the hard lads who run around with no armour on. You can also couch it.

Horses feel a lot better to fight against in the latest patch, the hitboxes feel way less janky.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Jabarto posted:

If anything, I think horses are little TOO easy to kill now. They're basically only good at ganking stragglers now because if your target has anyone next to him they can just scrape your knee with a dagger as you pass by and you're done.

Horselords delenda est :black101:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I wouldn't mind archers so much if their friendly fire didn't stagger you while bad guys are in your face :tizzy:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ended up uninstalling this the other night. Not that I dislike the game, but the community in my part of the world sucks all the fun out of it.

Australian pubbies are the worst.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I no joke had to mute about ten people in one server in the space of five minutes for using the n-word like punctuation :fuckoff:

It doesn't help that the worst offenders are the ones who apparently play with a loving IV drip for hydration, so you can't even mash them with a big loving hammer because they've transplanted their crazy twirling Chivalry bullshit to this game.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oceanic servers are usually pretty busy but I don't know what the latency will be like from where you are.

Also, Australians. :whitewater:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Duel servers are bullshit, the mindless free-for-all carnage was one of the best things about Chivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's honestly kind of impressive just how little has been done with the game over the last two years. It's too bad Chivalry 2 will only be available on a poo poo platform for its first year on PC.