Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda

by Hand Knit
The premise of this thread is that the superheroes from The Avengers are in Samuel Beckett's classic existentialist play, Endgame . I know it's been a while since we've had a chance to dust off our best Beckett jokes, so don't be afraid to start slow and work up to the really funny ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I uh... um

treasure bear

Parts of Iron Hamm's wheelchair fly through the air and assemble beneath him. "I clearly have unresolved issues with my parents and my AI servant Clovis has moved on"

Macnult

the real fans are waiting to find out which superheroes will star in the marvel adaptation of samuel beckett's endgame

FutonForensic

i'm doing the scene from john wick where he takes a sledgehammer and breaks open his bacement floor, but instead of a suitcase full of assassin money it's a stack aof papers that have title "waiting for godot/marvel cinematic universe jokes"

yeah... i'm thinking i'm back

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Waiting for Gadot (to return as Wonder Woman)

Android Blues

iron man. dustbin is made of iron. man in dustbin. iron...dustbin...man? no. poo poo. gently caress.

okay, no, i can do this. ahem: "In the Avengers Edngame, Iron Man is joined in a parallel dustbin by Iron Woman, the exciting new character find, who also lives and shrieks in a dustbin."

Android Blues

iconic line from endgame "Is it not time for my painkiller?" but like, the Red sKull says it, or something. Thanos snap shouts "Not I!". Bucky Winter Soldier "ah such happy days" (he is reminisicing about his happy days with steve roger and they are both buried in a big pile of sand). Ant Man. Ant is small and futile - where is the ant going? Its smallness is itself futile. Someone plays back a recording of Ant Man in a darkened room and he grinds his teeth saying that he is like the ant and what a sorry state of affairs.

Android Blues

A Wake for Sam but it's the Falcon, who died, and whose name is Sam also. it is sad that the Falcon died, which is a lot like what Beckett would write. maybe Black Widow and Captain America are in a room together having the wake. they get on each other's nerves a lot and repeat the same few slices of banal conversation. maybe they experience a joyless, embittered sexual attraction to each other which is never consummated and instead is mediated by petty spite. Sam doesn't show up to his own wake so it is also "wake-ing for godot". ha ha

Goons Are Gifts

Half of the people that were lost will be replaced by DC

Goons Are Gifts

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Watching it in 5h and 18min!

<3 <3 Vanisher

Stoner Sloth

Just got back from the movie... went in without high expectations (I'm only so-so about super hero movies really) but I found it quite good.

And that's all I'm saying so I don't ruin it for anyone!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you: pays to sit in a crowded movie theater and watch a film projected onto the screen with slick hollywood effects
me: pays to sit in a near empty theater and watch paraplegic actors dressed as superheroes deliver their lines from dustbins

Stoner Sloth

Luvcow posted:

you: pays to sit in a crowded movie theater and watch a film projected onto the screen with slick hollywood effects
me: pays to sit in a near empty theater and watch paraplegic actors dressed as superheroes deliver their lines from dustbins

dammit now i am full of regret

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

FutonForensic

samuel beckett, after watching the avengers: endgame, leans back in his theater seat and says "that's one hell of an act, what do you call it?" everyone shushes him and pelts him with nonpareils

Goons Are Gifts

So gonna pay only half the price for my theater ticket because of the last movie.

Goons Are Gifts

FutonForensic posted:

samuel beckett, after watching the avengers: endgame, leans back in his theater seat and says "that's one hell of an act, what do you call it?" everyone shushes him and pelts him with nonpareils

alnilam

excited for Tom Stoppard to write a parallel play from the perspective of those two likeable extras who die (I'm assuming some random ppl die at some point?? i know nothing about it sorry)

ty manifisto

cda

by Hand Knit
Nobody ever dies for good in Beckett plays, or in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

cda

by Hand Knit

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Waiting for Gadot (to return as Wonder Woman)

I've been thinking about it for a day and I've decided this is a good pun

Goons Are Gifts

Honestly Tom Holland is a guaranteed crush though

cda

by Hand Knit

Goons Are Great posted:

Honestly Tom Holland is a guaranteed crush though

This is a weird joke about celebrated modernist author Samuel Beckett's oeuvre, but I'll allow it.

Goons Are Gifts

It's not a joke though. :smithicide:

cda

by Hand Knit

Goons Are Great posted:

It's not a joke though. :smithicide:

I respect your commitment to the bit.

Macnult

Luvcow posted:

kalel

what's your endgame here op

redm

the whole mcu was just a plot by the skrull empire to make humans sympathetic to universal domination via a purple bald man in a tank top

Stoner Sloth

redm posted:

puce bald man in a tank top

pls don't dox me bro

redm

thanos in the mcu: squats and oats my dude [snaps fingers to turn spider man into a bag of doritos]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashrum3
who doesn't like Americas rear end