Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How do I become one of the "experts" on this mushroom review board?

start with portobello and work your way up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I can't wait for Fox News to clutch their pearls so hard that they require carpal tunnel surgery over this poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
+1 OP. Let's get mushrooms on the board. No Amanitas.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Creamed Cormp posted:

Do you people actually believe this horseshit?

Yes, and I can back any of my claims up with evidence. As one example, the guy who founded alcoholics anonymous credits LSD with catalysing his own success in quitting alcohol and wanted to include it as part of the AA programme in order to help others.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Creamed Cormp posted:

Do you people actually believe this horseshit?

Yeah, psychedelics are a helpful medicine and usually beneficial to consume. They have helped me and most of my friends.

If you think psychedelics are more dangerous when compared to most other psychotropic drugs then lmao

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Jose posted:

As someone who has only done lsd and now feels their brain couldn't handle either without large amounts of Xanax first what's the difference

Acid lasts longer and from personal experience a smaller hit of LSD goes further than the equivalent in Mushroom. When I take acid I experience more visual distortion and things are a bit more hyper and confused vs. when I take mushrooms. Also the end of an acid trip makes me gassy but physiologically shrooms only make me feel like all my limbs are breaking through my skin out of a need to dance

e: afaik both end up breaking down to basically DMT so more similarities are there than differences

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Heres my vote :one:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I grew some once, was stupid easy and they were crazy potent.

Some guy that bragged he ate quarters like nothing spent an entire party hiding underneath a blanket after 2g.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
but op they are drugs and drugs are illegal

???

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Les Os posted:

Ballot Initiative 301 would Decriminalize the personal use and possession of psilocybin containing mushrooms for People 21 and over, make it the lowest priority for law Enforcement and Prohibit the city from enforcing any related penalties. It would also provide for an 11-member Mushroom Policy Review Panel to assess the results of the ordinance. If passed it would become the first Mushroom decriminalization bill in the USA. If you live in Denver vote yes on this ordinance. If you know anyone in Denver Pressure them to vote yes on this ordinance. If Denver gets the ball rolling maybe your shithole town could be next to decriminalize a safe, non-addictive psychedelic. Imo end the war on Drugs

Suck my dick, you fuckman

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
idgaf about denver but mushrooms are okay i guess

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
sorcery is a sin btw, save are souls :blessed:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hosed up

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Les Os posted:

Acid lasts longer and from personal experience a smaller hit of LSD goes further than the equivalent in Mushroom. When I take acid I experience more visual distortion and things are a bit more hyper and confused vs. when I take mushrooms. Also the end of an acid trip makes me gassy but physiologically shrooms only make me feel like all my limbs are breaking through my skin out of a need to dance

e: afaik both end up breaking down to basically DMT so more similarities are there than differences

Hah, shrooms make me want to dance too, I get a very energetic carefree high from them. Kind of the opposite of their sedating, spiritual reputation. LSD meanwhile drags me into (positive) introspection and philosophising. I like both but I prefer LSD.

Often when I read experiences of people taking shrooms I would think "that sounds exactly like what I felt like on acid" and vice versa, and this applies to other psychedelics like dmt or mescaline. There are clear differences in the quantitate effects such as duration, but in terms of qualitative effects I feel all that I can say is that the psychedelic experience is multifaceted, and that different drugs will reveal different facets, most everyone agrees shrooms are a quite different experience from acid, but not necessarily on how.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Now all you guys need to do is legalize MDMA and I'm there.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
but OP I have a friend of a friend of a friend who knows a guy who ate a mushroom and he went so crazy he thinks HE IS AN ORANGE! and he wants people to PEEL HIM! it's chilling stuff and so it's clear it can never be legalized due to how scary it is to me personally

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
He'll yeah q

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
I did a lot of lsd, my brain is a mess

do not legalize it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

loving do it you monsters

vote YES on DRUG

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

while the Liberty Cap Initiative is solid, the Right to Survive in Public Spaces looks a hell of a lot more important, so say YES to liberty and the right to survive.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

shut the gently caress up liberal

op if I was dumb enough to live in Denver and also dumb enough to vote I would vote yes, but I’m not.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

WatermelonGun posted:

i don’t live in denver but i just skimmed the law and it seems way more important than this poo poo
it is

22 Eargesplitten posted:

op if I was dumb enough to live in Denver and also dumb enough to vote I would vote yes, but I’m not.
how's the weather out in Greeley?

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

IF YOU LIVE IN DENVER VOTE TO CHECK OUT AND APPRECIATE MY drat BALLS ON MAY 7TH INSTEAD OP

It's a write in option so you have to make a little effort.

visiting just to do this tbh

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

lol why is this going on itt

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

it is

how's the weather out in Greeley?

unironically not sure which i would rather live in

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
psilocybin has been proving itself to have therapeutic potential lately. honestly yes, it should be decriminalized

'Magic mushrooms' may 'reset' the brains of depressed patients, study suggests
Psilocybin inhibits the processing of negative emotions in the brain
Psilocybin reduces psychological pain after social exclusion, study finds
Reclassification recommendations for drug in 'magic mushrooms'

etcetera

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
okay OP, i'm on my way to drop my ballot off at Blair-Caldwell. i voted yes on your drug thing, so you have to vote yes on 300!

Justin Godscock posted:

But what if I can't go out and vote?
you're in luck! all ballots in colorado are mailed to you, and can be returned either via mail or can be dropped off at dozens of locations around town! it owns so hard and makes voting in every election a breeze! every state should be like this!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

okay OP, i'm on my way to drop my ballot off at Blair-Caldwell. i voted yes on your drug thing, so you have to vote yes on 300!

you're in luck! all ballots in colorado are mailed to you, and can be returned either via mail or can be dropped off at dozens of locations around town! it owns so hard and makes voting in every election a breeze! every state should be like this!
Washington works the same way, and shocker of shockers they're better states than most states. Letting citizens vote is... good?

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
initiative 300 would be an important ballot measure if passed but the implications of 301 if passed would be farther reaching and have more of an impact nationally. no doubt if people don't have a home they should be allowed to exist wherever they want, no private property etc. but psychedelic mushrooms if decriminalized could lead to a higher state of consciousness experienced by more people and a greater rate of empathy from person to person. it starts with Denver then who knows? Vegas? Saskatchewan? it will seem even more ridiculous to pass laws against the homeless if we realize we share the same consciousness because we're tripping on mushrooms every day

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mushrooms kick rear end and I'm voting for this op

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how do i illegally vote for this tia

larper
Apr 9, 2019

Ratjaculation posted:

You sound like a Fun Guy op

Fuk u bitch people who grow/hunt mushrooms rule

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The Xkdc Larper posted:

Fuk u bitch people who grow/hunt mushrooms rule

wooooosh

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

s e s h

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Washington works the same way, and shocker of shockers they're better states than most states. Letting citizens vote is... good?

Hell, they even do this in Utah. And it's loving awesome.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
this is very good because the pigs can royally gently caress u over if ur in possession of fkn mushrooms

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
They told me this would happen if we legalized gay marriage!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
We should decriminalize drugs in general. No sense in locking up people over something non-violent.

Hell I'll go a step further and say we should allow medical psychedelics.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

is it possible to butt chug psilocybin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I grew some once, was stupid easy and they were crazy potent.

Some guy that bragged he ate quarters like nothing spent an entire party hiding underneath a blanket after 2g.

that sounds cozy I’d like to do that in most social situations.