Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Today is the day. If you live in Denver don't forget to vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Hell, they even do this in Utah. And it's loving awesome.

Ultra-conservative Utah is somehow addressing the homeless problem and maybe the first state in the United States to basically eliminate homelessness through offering Free Housing and programs to help get people back on their feet

loving Utah of all states! Get yo poo poo together California and New York, you have the money.

Also in Denver voting for sweet sweet mushrooms right now and for the homeless

God I love our gay progressive state

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Psychedelic mushrooms were legal in the netherlands, but after a tourist died once (they were depressed and ended up killing themselves), they changed the law to try to outlaw them. However, there was a loophole in the phrasing that meant that only paddestoelen (lit. toadstools) were outlawed, meaning fungus which grows naturally above the surface and has a stem and cap. As a result, psychedelic truffles are still legal, and those are what is sold in the smartshops to tourists. Grow kits are still legal and also sold, since the main concern was irresponsible tourists dying, and they usually aren't in the country long enough for them to actually grow them from spores, and that is also not something a drunk person can do impulsively.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

hail satan

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
RIP op. at least you aren’t homeless!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EA Sports posted:

love to induce psychosis and act like its wisdom, legalize shrooms!

Who is this dumb bitch and why does he have such an apt name

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Who is this dumb bitch and why does he have such an apt name

EA Sports. He's loving lame.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I don't think the initiative was abject failure. Last count found it failed 48-52% which is astounding considering this is the first Mushroom decriminalization bill the US has seen. I refuse to believe Denver is some kind of progressive oasis much different than its neighbors and so I feel confident that another city could pass similar legislation maybe within the year. We're going to end the war on drugs as more people develop a deeper understanding of what these substances do. Anybody trying to resist is just gonna end up digging their heels and getting their boots dirty.

Watch out Washington cause we're gonna legalize weed then mushrooms then PCP, MDMA and mescaline!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
We're going to LSD, and ecstasy, and cocaaaaaine, yeeeah!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jose posted:

As someone who has only done lsd and now feels their brain couldn't handle either without large amounts of Xanax first what's the difference

it affects everyone very differently is part of the problem, and its hard to say exactly why when most tryptamines are schedule 1 or 2 so you have lots of anecdotes. my anecdotes are

lsd: shine a light on a wall, stare at the shifting color gradient like its television. lasts for almost half a loving day.

mushrooms: i am a caveman. ooga booga. do not constrain me in this isolated dwelling-hole, let me run as my body's wont. hide in the fields, tromp around in the mud, hunt a deer with an atlatl. the dirt of our flesh is mine and i am alive as blood sings 13-part harmony in my veins; all is well and all manner of thing shall be well. usually ends in 4-5 hours which is plenty.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Les Os posted:

I refuse to believe Denver is some kind of progressive oasis
based on the 300 results, you're absolutely right

polis is signing a bill that makes simple possession of mushrooms and other drugs no longer a felony, so that should be somewhat comforting.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gay

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I saw that title and I knew. I knew I had to post "I'm gay" in this thread

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

polis is signing a bill that makes simple possession of mushrooms and other drugs no longer a felony, so that should be somewhat comforting.

What the bill really came down to was that a bunch of wealthy real estate companies and Partnerships with Denver businesses basically spent millions and millions of dollars trying to counter 300 and the people supporting it really didn't campaign very much so it's pretty much doomed to failure

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

TenementFunster posted:

otoh you could make a good guillotine list by driving around the detached single family neighborhoods and just making a note of which houses have those loving "We can do better" signs out front. pricks

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

What the bill really came down to was that a bunch of wealthy real estate companies and Partnerships with Denver businesses basically spent millions and millions of dollars trying to counter 300 and the people supporting it really didn't campaign very much so it's pretty much doomed to failure
nah, $1.5m doesn't get you a 18 to 82 victory. denver is just full of vicious FYGM yuppie psychos who prioritize brunch over everything, especially the suffering of the least fortunate.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

otoh you could make a good guillotine list by driving around the detached single family neighborhoods and just making a note of which houses have those loving "We can do better" signs out front. pricks
"we can do better" to these scumfucks means "the final solution to the homelessness problem" apparently

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

nah, $1.5m doesn't get you a 18 to 82 victory. denver is just full of vicious FYGM yuppie psychos who prioritize brunch over everything, especially the suffering of the least fortunate.

"we can do better" to these scumfucks means "the final solution to the homelessness problem" apparently

Fair enough. As more people move to our city the homeless population has gone up but apparently no one wants to do gently caress all about it

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Fair enough. As more people move to our city the homeless population has gone up but apparently no one wants to do gently caress all about it

welcome to the hellworld that suffuses every single Growth Zone from seattle to austin to fuckin' asheville

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

oh, they want to do something: have the Hero Cops harass them until they end up dead or in prison

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol it passed! insane comeback from the early results.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

*hastily deletes and extremely detailed and lurid proposition for what do to about the Denver Brunch Crowd*

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

IF YOU LIVE IN DENVER VOTE TO DECRIMINALIZE MUSHROOMS MAY 7TH

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Willie Tomg posted:

*hastily deletes and extremely detailed and lurid proposition for what do to about the Denver Brunch Crowd*
300 still lost 17 to 83 so lemme see your best guillotine blueprints anyway

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

an actual dog posted:

I saw that title and I knew. I knew I had to post "I'm gay" in this thread

twoday
May 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

which one of you was tripping so hard that you rewrote the timeline of reality

you’re not supposed to do that

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Congrats OP

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

quote:

“It’s been one hell of a 21 and a half hours,” Initiative 301 campaign manager Kevin Matthews said. “If these results hold, this is an example of the absurd comedy of the great metaphor.

This is certainly the motherfucking man to quote in a politics story about mushrooms getting legalized.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

oh woah this kicks rear end

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Congrats Denver, history shines upon you.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Hell yeah gonna drive 2 hours south then die in the Rockies while high

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Agean90 posted:

We call that the best outcome of American Healthcare.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Agean90 posted:

:hfive:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
between legal weed and legal shrooms i'll move to denver if i have to live in a loving ten*checks the rest of denver local daily news* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Give the homeless free mushrooms and I'll call it good enough

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Agean90 posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

DRUG is victorious. congratulations DRUG.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

all drugs are now legal in the mountains

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

an actual dog posted:

all drugs are now legal in the mountains