Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
While the bigness and orangeness of this is perhaps arguable, did you know that Home Depot has a trademark on the color orange?

The building itself is also quite orange.

Show me a motorcycle near/on/adjacent to a frozen lake. If you live somewhere the lakes don't freeze (or won't freeze, what's up climate change), go for a skating rink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Temp is above 10 Celsius which both means I'm good to ride and there's definitely no frozen lakes. Which is sad in this speed skating obsessed country. So here's the local 400m indoor track instead.

https://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IJsbaan_Twente?wprov=sfla1

Seeing as my bike has a nice yellow sticker of the university motorcycle club on the front fender I'd like to see a picture at some cool higher education landmark.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aaaahhhhhhh the DR ~B I G~ is so fuckin cool

Suzuki DR Unit
DR Chonk

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How do you have a doctor big and somehow have failed to post about it constantly what is wrong with you??

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Heh, the only reason I have it is because one of the guys at the university motorcycle club was looking to sell it (one of 3 BIGs he owned!) to a member at discount just while I was looking for my first bike. I was actually looking for a transalp 600 I could afford. But this was going for 800 euros so I took it. I had no idea about it's "cult" status.

AlexanderCA fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 1, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well please understand that you have an awesome bike and I am super jealous

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Noted, the front brake is poo poo though.

Fun story, guy I bought it from used the money to buy some 125cc two stroke Italian.
He also tried to kludge EFI on his other BIG and blew it up.

AlexanderCA fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 1, 2020

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

AlexanderCA posted:

Seeing as my bike has a nice yellow sticker of the university motorcycle club on the front fender I'd like to see a picture at some cool higher education landmark.

In front of the "Begging Bear" statue in front of the University of Guelph Art Gallery. They have an awesome Gryphon statue as well but there's no easy way to park and get a shot in front of it.

The bear is currently donning some protective gloves since we're in the end-times. How about a photo of your bike in a vast deserted area that would otherwise be full, to go with the theme?

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh

Martytoof posted:

The bear is currently donning some protective gloves since we're in the end-times. How about a photo of your bike in a vast deserted area that would otherwise be full, to go with the theme?

Here's a deserted mall on the world's most uncomfortable shitbike.

Seriously this thing has the ergonomics of a goddamn brick.

Let's see your bike next to something that matches your bike's color!

CheddarGoblin fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 12, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*looks at my lavender/champagne goldwing* :raise:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Stripclub?

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
In hindsight mine will be too easy for people with black or white bikes :/ Oh well. Try and make it something interesting at least instead of a black or white car.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I don't even know what color my bike is.

Sometimes it's gray, sometimes it's green. Sometimes it looks like baby vomit.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm trying to decide if I have to match the flat gray plastic, the dark black plastic, the bright red/orange wheels, or all three.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
I'd say it's all fair game so long as you had to ride somewhere to find it since that's the ultimate goal of the thread!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I don't know much about art, but I know what I like what color my wheels are.

(Dallas Museum of Art)

Show me a picture of your bike outside a favorite restaurant, bar, or other hangout spot you aren't allowed to visit right now.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

FBS posted:

I don't know much about art, but I know what I like what color my wheels are.

(Dallas Museum of Art)

Show me a picture of your bike outside a favorite restaurant, bar, or other hangout spot you aren't allowed to visit right now.

That sculpture looked familiar - turns out that artist designed a sculpture that stands at my alma mater. Dude's got a style. Students always called it "the mosquito," but the more infamous sculpture on campus was The Man Who Used to Hunt Cougars for Bounty, better known as "Man Humping Bear."

Gay Nudist Dad fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 19, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was thinking that looked drat familiar too and its the same guy who did the sculpture outside the MKE art museum

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

FBS posted:

I miss live music and baseball. I've never seen this street empty before, so I guess I could have parked in the middle of the road and taken a picture of both sides, but the action shot will suffice I hope.

I also took a picture of a monument. Perhaps the greatest landmark in Boston, the Miller's River Potato Monument. It's also roughly the same color as my bike.

Show me a picture of your bike at a major sports venue

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If I knew calligraphy all I would use it for is writing "gently caress" in increasingly fancy ways

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

Strife posted:

Show me a picture of your bike at a major sports venue

NERD MACHINE IN NERD TOWN AT NERD GAME PARK

Show me your bike next to a junk sculpture
(as in a sculpture made of junk, not just a sculpture that you don’t like)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

*pulls up next to a Harley Davidson dealership to satisfy both*

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Martytoof posted:

*pulls up next to a Harley Davidson dealership to satisfy both*

e: hopefully it’ll stop raining soon so I can participate :sigh:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Castle's are sculptures right?

And since some very dumb guards were in here, holding the prince captive in Monty Python, given that they were junk at guarding, perhaps that extends to the castle?

Doune Castle today in Stirling, Scotland, where I was testing my eyesight:

Also, I rode past the David Stirling memorial https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/doune/stirlingmemorial/index.html :

And a bee flew into my gopro:

Post a picture of your bike next to a body of water!

Steakandchips fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 31, 2020

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
I live in the South Puget Sound so I thought it'd be a drat shame if I let someone else get this one.

This bike is turning me into an idiot, so show me yours somewhere it really shouldn't be

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

comedy bike-in-garage.jpg entry

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Comedy r1200gs-off-pavement.jpg

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Comedy Harley at sturgis not in a trailer.jpg

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Martytoof posted:

comedy bike-in-garage.jpg entry

ought ten posted:

Comedy r1200gs-off-pavement.jpg

I could accomplish both of these by moving my bike 10 feet, but no one really wants to see a dentist-mobile on a gravel drive

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

:justpost:

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

This bike is turning me into an idiot, so show me yours somewhere it really shouldn't be

Hoon crackheadbike + dirt road touring through giant bushfire areas, does that work?

If so, vaporwave bike/riding gear/lighting or environment for the next shot? Give us some hipster neon dystopia!

Isolationist fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 4, 2020

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Hell yeah, that is beautiful

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Isolationist posted:

If so, vaporwave bike/riding gear/lighting or environment for the next shot? Give us some hipster neon dystopia!

If no one goes for this by the weekend, my city has an entire block dedicated as a neon sign museum...

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

This is as hipster neon dystopia as I could get out here in the burbs

Next up somebody post your bike someplace motorsports related.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

FBS posted:

This is loving incredible.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

FBS posted:

The photo is amazing, but for me the absolute cherry on top is going whole hog with the hipster vibe; "I guess this easy picture I snapped sort of counts, if you squint".

You magnificent hipster bastard.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

FBS posted:

Sweet jesus, they are building one of these down the street from my house. I'm hoping it's just as glorious

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

FBS posted:

I was right to not enter these into the game.
:drat:

You win, holy poo poo. I would absolutely be tagging my bikes manufacturer with that image. That's amazing.

My poor entry.

So Motorsports.....

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

y'all are very kind about that photo that I really did just casually snap on my phone. e: the crop is doing a lot of work there

also despite the sign, they were closed by 10 pm which is Not Very Cyberpunk of them

FBS fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Motorsport: Welcome to Texas Motor Speedway

Post pic of your bike on a bridge.
alternately post a pic of your bike drowned by the current hurricane