Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Thoroughly enjoyed it and looking forward to season 3. Season 1 was better but I liked how everything that happened in season 2 seemed to be a mirror image of things in season 1, really clever writing in general. I'm hoping for a super team-up of Johnny and Daniel against Creese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The drunk scene in Karate Kid blew me away because of how openly it acknowledged the atrocities against Japanese Americans during WWII. I can't think of any other mainstream media that just lays it out there.

I watched Karate Kid Part II the other night for the first time and yeah it was fine. It was very earnest and that scores some points and I also like the fact that it avoided just being The Karate Kid but in Japan. Not having a tournament was definitely the right call. It was still a little bit too predictable and the drum thing at the end went a little over the line even for the reality these movies are set in. My wife could not get over the fact that Kumiko's hair was never kempt.

That also just sent me down a rabbit hole and now I know Kumiko is Commodore Oh from Star Trek Picard. At least she's getting work.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Netflix is going to tell them season 4 is the last and then during filming they'll surprise renew for a fifth season. The series finale will be put on the shelf to be used at the end of season 5, marking the only appearance in the season of Daniel's daughter who will otherwise have to be written out. They'll fill out the early half of the season with a plot centered around psychics taking refuge in the Miyagi-Do Doji, hiding from Stingray who has been tasked by Cobra Kai to hunt down rogue psychic karate practitioners. Johnny will return as head of Cobra Kai, but Terry Silver will outfit him with a mind-control device. Still, he thinks it better to allow himself to be a puppet than for another Kreese to be allowed to assume power. In the end, Kreese and Johnny will destroy Cobra Kai forever in a suicide/murder pact, strangling each other while Johnny has enough Coors in his body to overwhelm the mind-control device.

Daniel, having reconciled with his wife, enjoys a quiet family dinner before going out to see if he can't get the old yellow classic running one last time. The final scene will be Daniel's son wandering around their McMansion the following morning because he needs a new Nintendo Switch. Daniel is nowhere to be found, though the car is still parked out front.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Bob Sapp was never mean though. He knew he was there to lose and he had no interest in taking more damage than he had to. As soon as he was in anything even resembling trouble, he tapped, collected his paycheck, and signed up for the next fight. He made a decent amount of money and kept his brain mostly intact.

UFC 1 is just so glorious. You had the one glove boxer as previously mentioned who tapped because the fight went to the ground and he knew in that instant that this was not for him. Then you had the sumo guy vs the savate fighter. The savate dude kicked the sumo guy in the mouth basically straightaway and knocked several of the guy's teeth out (this was pre mouth guards in MMA for some loving reason). Savate dude went backstage and had to make a tough choice: remove the teeth embedded in his foot and risk an infection or leave them in and keep fighting. He left them in. He ended up in 2nd place and lost to Gracie because basically no one but Shamrock knew anything about grappling, but he was tapped out in the semis.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Stinkray feels very true to life for me and him getting his poo poo absolutely pushed in was tragic but also long coming. He'll break though in season 5 and turn on Silver for sure.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I do like how the show is often self-aware. Debate Girl commenting that she's only been training karate for like 6 weeks is pretty meta and a great riff on the whole franchise.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

CubanMissile posted:

The first time I ever saw Robbie on this show I thought “oh wow if they ever need a new Green Ranger…”

Please put that loving Monkey's Paw down.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Robobot posted:

Huh. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

There was also the thing where he had to become a public stooge for the CCP and condemn the Hong Kong democracy protests because his son got caught smoking the devil's lettuce and it was the only way to keep him from getting the Jack Ma treatment.

This is at least more understandable than throwing your daughter under the bus because no one wants to be ground under the heel of an authoritarian regime, but he's definitely got some blemishes on his record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
If we're lucky we'll get a throwaway line about how busy he's been cleaning up the Valley.