Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't care what happens on GoT tonight, the brawl in this finale was the best fight scene I have ever watched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kreese is a huge racist though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's Hillary Swank up to these days?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I'm sure his plate was full of offers.

He probably begged to be a part of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So odd tangent, but Tori is played by Peyton List. Which is also the name of another well established actress so color me confused when I saw her name in the credits. I thought the guilds or whatever didn't let that poo poo happen?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Season 2 really suffered from a lack of failson drinking butter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yuji Okomoto is still an actor so it's definitely a possibility.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Man, that's sad. I wonder if he knew he was dying when he shot his episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
<Whew>

I was wondering if this was still gonna happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Butter-Drinking-Son spinoff when?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wayne was amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Zabka is a revelation. It's cool to see Macchio getting work but Zabka carries the show. I really hope this gives his career a shot in the arm; I'd watch him on loving Teletubbies.

I agree so much. I'm kind of pissed off at Hollywood for letting this dude just linger for 30 years when he clearly has talent and range.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've said it before but the huge fight at the end of season 2 is just amazing. Better than that pitch black zombie poo poo on GoT.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm gonna warm up some butter to knock back while I rewatch season 1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They HAVE to bring back Mike Barnes or Terry Silver.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For real, he antagonized the CK guys multiple times in KK, i wont say he was asking for it but hosing Johnny down at the dance was not a smart move.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aishia is such a great character. In the lunchroom fight her cry of NO MERCY is so good. Nerds tired of being bullied speaks to a lot of us.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it i need it now

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Honestly, the show doesn't get enough credit for their action scenes.

Its like better than 90% of other tv shows which is wild. Only Banshee, Warrior, and Into the badlands are on their level. And thats a stupid amount of competition.

I have been championing the final fight of season 2 as one of the best tv brawls of all time since it aired.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At the time of airing I said the school battle was better than that huge stupid dark battlefield episode of GoT and a dude on twitter told me he'd kill me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No her star has definitely faded and she is clearly open to TV work since she was on the Boys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Capoeira is a great way to lose a fight and make yourself dizzy at the same time.

Look at this nerd who's never seen Only The Strong

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo. There is a spoilerific appearance in there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KK2 rules from start to finish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sand Monster posted:

It's been said before, but I hope William Zabka starts getting additional roles sometime soon, perhaps with the increased exposure from the Netflix era of the show.

Getting typecast as a high school bully and not being able to shake it for 30+ years must be awful. He's got major chops and should have been a bigger star.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Uh... have we been watching the same show?

Considering everyone else in the thread seems to agree with me I think you must not be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Simone Magus posted:

Oh wow Netflix really threw money at this, everything looks way better now

I thought this season was shot before Netflix bought it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MiddleOne posted:

With the long production jump? No way.

Yeah well you're wrong

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/06/cobra-kai-moves-netflix-youtube-season-3-1202965551/amp/

quote:

On the heels of a record-setting Season 2 premiere of Cobra Kai, YouTube in April 2019 ordered a third season. Through all the changes at the platform over the past year, YouTube remained committed to airing the completed third season but notified its Sony TV partners that they won’t be commissioning a fourth season.
Looking to secure a future for the show beyond Season 3, Sony TV asked for permission to shop the upcoming season to an outlet that, in success, could order additional episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was great, let's hope they can push that energy into season 4.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm really happy with how the Ali stuff was dealt with. And that they managed to get Shue to come back and do it was really great. Just very satisfying closure for everyone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoa, that was the same kid who played Daniel's son previously. I guess he quit drinking the butter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

I wonder if the promise of doing cool karate in a season or two incentivized him

Could also be puberty. I had a fat friend who turned into a total jock at 14.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheCenturion posted:

He beat the poo poo out of him and his “cousins.”

No that was this season. Last year he convinced him to put the lease in his name and basically stole the whole thing from Johnny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jaden Smith is not going to show up. Will Smith is an EP in name only. Like how Jonathan Peters as an EP credit on a half dozen Superman related films despite never even visiting the set. It's likely Smith's involvement with the lovely remake earned him an EP credit on any and all KK related things going forward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope they have a scene where one of the kids turns 18 and the cops instantly appear and arrest him.

No wait, that's what would actually happen. I dont want that at all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Solice Kirsk posted:

When they bring back Terry Silver next season we'll get our absolute fill of Karate Kid 3 references.

I won't be happy unless we see Mike Barnes in a fat suit, working an all night drive through.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope they can actually get Terry Silver, dude hasn't acted in like 15 years. Mike Barnes became a soap opera star and is already talking about wanting to do the show.

Yes I am aware they have real names I just don't care

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think he's lying about his past, there was no indication at all in KK3 that he and Silver didn't serve together or were lying about what they went through.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He has to make up for being a huge dick for 2 seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
KK3 rules. Thomas Ian Griffith is amazing.