Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian do hereby oath to paint the following:

24 Arquebusiers of the Holy Roman Empire in 15mm by Wargamer for By Fire and Sword. Also I need to finish up on the oath from last month now that I think about it.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint the following:

1 squad of clones (minus the Z6) for Star Wars: Legion, by FFG.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition! Two Kiel-Saan "Covert" Assault Units from Infinity

Galaspar posted:

For March I, Galaspar, oath eleven mercenaries for Mordheim

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, fixed!

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for March 2020:

3 Stormcast from Shadespire, 28mm from GW

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for March one Tech-Priest Enginseer, ten Skitarii, one Terrax-Pattern Termite Assault Drill, and one Skaven Clanrat. All from GW.
Oathing tons this month cause I feel productive! Everything primed black and built using subassembles, so it's hard to pick out, but it's all there. Each larger piece of cork is one model.

Approved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Mirror for March!

Wizkids mirror:

Including Time to Shine for the mirror surface...

Sadly I started some other furniture work this month too but messed up the oath photo...

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming March - Time to Shine and Get the Crystal for the treasure chest. It's going to be the objective for the intro D&D game I run for my brother-in-law and his friends.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:January judgement!:kingsley:
Bonus, 1 point: Cat Face Joe

You get the bonus point for all your WIP pictures and paintguide. The model and paintjob is also pretty cool!

thanks!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition (part 2)
Four Helot Militia, once again from Infinity.

This lockdown/isolation/whatever is pretty good for my backlog...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is this thread limited to just painting Zark? I have some Plamo that wants building. :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Mirror for March!

Wizkids mirror:

Including Time to Shine for the mirror surface...

Sadly I started some other furniture work this month too but messed up the oath photo...

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition (part 2)
Four Helot Militia, once again from Infinity.

This lockdown/isolation/whatever is pretty good for my backlog...

Approved!

February's Gallery is now up at https://imgur.com/a/W3nxNr6 so go check your stuff is there before it goes for judgement next weekend!

Flipswitch posted:

Is this thread limited to just painting Zark? I have some Plamo that wants building. :)

While the original purpose of the oath threads was painting, I see no reason why we should exclude building projects. I guess the Oath picture would be all the complete sprues / sealed boxes. We're almost at the end of this season but I'll have a think about what the 'rules' would be for next season.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath Complete! Claiming Take one for the Team for my group of Hex Gunmen from Wild West Exodus. I'm excited that I got a little bit better between each model

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Talisman Witch Elf (GW) for March!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete!

I am claiming the monthly shiny theme for all the silver and gold armor here. Once again frustrated by my photography and, more so, how hard it is to paint faces. >: [ Fortunately her hat hides most of the damage in person and she looks pretty good alongside my Sisters!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Plague Doctor and one Ratpelt Kobold, both 28mm from Reaper minis. Planning to paint the kobold as my PC from a plague-stricken campaign, while the reason for the plague doctor is pretty obvious.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for March one Tech-Priest Enginseer, ten Skitarii, one Terrax-Pattern Termite Assault Drill, and one Skaven Clanrat. All from GW.
Oathing tons this month cause I feel productive! Everything primed black and built using subassembles, so it's hard to pick out, but it's all there. Each larger piece of cork is one model.

Oath Complete!
Still learning this whole "how to take nice pictures" thing, but I'm really happy with how these turned out.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
:catdrugs: JanuaryJudgement :catdrugs:

Sorry for being so late on this. I've been up to my neck in hobby stuff, finding a home for a stray cat, and dealing with health problems. Fortunately all of that's taken care of, so let's get down to brass tacks.

3rd Place (1pts): LazyAngel

Love the bases, the color blending on the robe, the bleached wood look on the staff, and just everything about these!

2nd Place (2pts): with a rebel yell she QQd

The highlighting on all the red armor is what immediately impressed me, but as I look around, I can see even more great things about them. White clothing is always a pain for me, and those white shirts turned out great, as did the soil and grass on the bases.

1st Place (3pts): Brock Samsonite

These are just great. I especially love the vibrancy of the terrain pieces and all the intricate details on the skin and boils. Top notch!

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

Don't see nearly enough scifi minis, nor minis at this scale. I really love the choice of colors on these.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Duct Tape posted:

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

Don't see nearly enough scifi minis, nor minis at this scale. I really love the choice of colors on these.

Ta muchly!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:January judgement!:kingsley:

Second place, 2 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

This is a lovely team! I love the reds, the different skintones, and that they look like they look like a real sportsteam.

Duct Tape posted:

:catdrugs: JanuaryJudgement :catdrugs:
2nd Place (2pts): with a rebel yell she QQd

The highlighting on all the red armor is what immediately impressed me, but as I look around, I can see even more great things about them. White clothing is always a pain for me, and those white shirts turned out great, as did the soil and grass on the bases.

Thanks a lot guys! <3

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 31, 2020

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Half-assed photography inbound (couldn't be arsed to set up the full light tent + LED rig).

Claiming NMM on the diplomatic delegate's robes and the SpecOps armour for Shiny

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 1, 2020

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Failed

Just haven't been feeling it this month. My Mordheim group (naturally) stopped meeting, and the models really weren't inspiring me.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath Complete!

Sculpt is an old favourite of mine, and took some time to track it down, but it's old and it shows. Suffered a lot with it, and I wanted to do NMM but gave up... maybe on the next one!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
March Oath Complete!

1 Mirror:

Claiming Time to Shine for the mirror surface, which I had a hard time showing off in a photo. (There's a layer of 'realistic water' poured over the glass to give it more shine).

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming the hand for shiny. Used a Moltow Liquid Chrome to get some extra shine. See detail:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Holy moly, that looks amazing. What scale is that?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Righty ho folks, March is over, onwards to the finale!

quote:

April - Fight or Flight
Fight - Your model or models should be mid fight. This could be a measured duel, a bar brawl or a chaotic battle. You don't have to include all participants so long as your figure is clearly in action.
Flight - Your model should be in flight or have the ability of flying, such as as a jetpack or magic carpet.

Don't forget to take a picture of everything you've painted this season for All Together Now!

It's also time to start making preparations for season 11. If there are any changes you'd like to see, volunteers for judgement, new challenges and achievements etc. let me know. I'll probably get a new thread put together within the next couple of weeks.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Ashcans posted:

Holy moly, that looks amazing. What scale is that?

Thank you! With the working from home I had time without a commute to build a scenic base for her. I rarely get to stretch my building muscles.

She's a Kingdom Death miniature so like heroic-ish figure sized? ~32mm

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for April...

Garbage truck, streetlights, a planter and a fountain from TTCombat.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Brock Samsonite posted:

Thank you! With the working from home I had time without a commute to build a scenic base for her. I rarely get to stretch my building muscles.

She's a Kingdom Death miniature so like heroic-ish figure sized? ~32mm

Oh wow, from the detail I was guessing it was around 75mm like your last month. At 32mm that's really impressive work! I am super envious of the face, all mine end up somewhere between looking like a mike myers mask and a clown.

The scenic base is awesome too, I love the details like the tubing and the display panel, and the highlights on the signage are great.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Queen of Hell for April.

I dunno what scale this is, I guess 54mm or about? :shrug:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for April:

One Warcor and her Aerocam, Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
I, Galaspar, oath a Foetid Bloat-Drone for April

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Talisman Witch Elf (GW) for March!

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one Plague Doctor and one Ratpelt Kobold, both 28mm from Reaper minis. Planning to paint the kobold as my PC from a plague-stricken campaign, while the reason for the plague doctor is pretty obvious.

Approved (March)

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for April...

Garbage truck, streetlights, a planter and a fountain from TTCombat.

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath a Foetid Bloat-Drone for April

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for April:

One Warcor and her Aerocam, Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Queen of Hell for April.

I dunno what scale this is, I guess 54mm or about? :shrug:

Approved! (April)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 6x Rifle Nazi's, 6x Officer Nazi's, The Conqueror Worm & The Evil Turkey (aka El Diablo!) For Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned,Oath the following for April 2020:

One big harpoon knight, with resin and pipe cleaner upgrades, 28mm by GW

I am far less prepared than usual for my final Oath, this big boy is pretty intimidating to plan!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for April nineteen Skaven Clanrats. All from GW.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for April a 'Maori Rhino', from Cartoon Miniatures (40mm-ish)
It's been lying around since the KS a few years ago, and want to take advantage of the isolation...

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:February judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Brock Samsonite

This guy is a Bro! Nice yellows, that works great with the purple and pink tones, and the green eyes gives a nice bit of extra detail to the face.

Second place, 2 points: Zark the Damned

A nice dirty tank. I like that the camo pattern just breaks up the contours a bit, has some crisp lines, and is over detailed.

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

Probably just the black background, but the colors seem brighter and the contrasts better. It's really nice, no matter what.

Bonus, 1 point: Ashcans

I like the desert camo, and it works great on the green guys.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for April a 'Maori Rhino', from Cartoon Miniatures (40mm-ish)
It's been lying around since the KS a few years ago, and want to take advantage of the isolation...

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for April nineteen Skaven Clanrats. All from GW.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of April, 6x Rifle Nazi's, 6x Officer Nazi's, The Conqueror Worm & The Evil Turkey (aka El Diablo!) For Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned,Oath the following for April 2020:

One big harpoon knight, with resin and pipe cleaner upgrades, 28mm by GW

I am far less prepared than usual for my final Oath, this big boy is pretty intimidating to plan!

Approved!

The March gallery is now up, check I've not missed your stuff: https://imgur.com/a/Vf7bI3l

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

It's also time to start making preparations for season 11. If there are any changes you'd like to see, volunteers for judgement, new challenges and achievements etc. let me know. I'll probably get a new thread put together within the next couple of weeks.

I'm happy to keep judging!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
(Sorry about the slight delay; turns out WFH is serious business!)

:siren: February Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  KingMob

Excellent contrasts in color and tone intensity on these elf-tree-ghost-things.  The primary yellow of the banners is a nice counterpoint also, helping to accentuate the mid-brown of the tree armor.

Second Place, 2 points:  Brock Samsonite

This dude's outstanding.  The contrast between the purple and yellow, the overall warmth of the color scheme (achieved by using "hot" highlights), the blending, the checks on the pants...really excellent work!

First Place, 3 points:  Ugleb

Vehicles can be hard to pull off, with their smaller scale and tighter details, but you've done a really impressive job here.  These achieve a look that combines speedy, grimy, and wizard-van-y, with the dust-covered remains of their owners' gaudy paint jobs clearly visible.  The deployment vehicle also just exudes grease and grime (and nice caution stripes!)

Bonus Point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

The muscularity on these orcs is terrific, balanced nicely by the stark B&W of the banner and the surprisingly glinty metal work.  These orcs are clean (a sentence that doesn't come about very often).

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Thanks to all of the judges over the years for the effort they put into these oath threads, and to all of the creative painters who showed off their stuff.

For the rest of 2020 I'll be taking a break from oathing on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these Nazgul (GW) for April!