Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

TTerrible posted:

That is understandable, but that poster then kramering into the Fascists thread and "just asking questions" is high bullshit as food court bailiff pointed out.

he 'kramered' in when someone specifically posted about him, complete with quotes that didn't prove their case. I read the first few pages of that thread, but based on what was there the correct call was probations for the folks who wouldn't drop it, not a 'ban for the fascist: reason being fascist,'
now maybe around page 6, he started posting ben shapino tweets, or somewhere else he showed off his cool warhammer playset where a skaven army (kitbashed to look like Palestinians) were being round up and executed by Ultra Marines repainted to be Israeli forces

you failed to make your case, to an outside observer it looks like a bad opinion-haver realized he could get y'all worked up after a failed callout.

edit: Oh ha ha poo poo it got worse, I thought this was gonna be about that tallkidwithglasses stuff,
I also second the thread has value as "Hey, here's a resource for figuring out folks you shouldn't give money or clicks to, which might not be apparent at first view" and poster callouts gets murky. Best bet is to say "Yeah you can't post in this thread" if there's something like a disruptor playing games.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

TTerrible posted:

I'm not calling for Aba to be banned over his posts in that thread. He has previously posted and defended (at length) that children going into concentration camps is actually not that bad. That he doesn't know what fascist adjacent means is total nonsense. Again, I don't expect him to be banned but maybe "fascists don't post in the fascist callout thread" would be great.

yeah I think that's a totally fair stance

tallkidwithglasses posted:

What did I do exactly?

like I said I thought the headache was over your callout and someone eating a probation for not dropping it -as I'd only read a few pages of the thread.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Apr 29, 2019

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

food court bailiff posted:

Do you think there's some sort of secret loving dictionary in play here?

Take a step back, does it seem like beer is trying to have a good faith conversation here? Because if they are this accomplishes nothing. Explain to the mod what you'd like to see done differently or explain the context they're missing. I think a mistake some folks are making here is forgetting they're more queued into dog whistles and some current political discourse, and we're assuming everyone else is on the same page, so has to be disingenuous.