Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It'd be arbitrary to ban Aba without him freshly violating a rule, which isn't to say it would be wrong per se. SA has a long history of arbitrary moderation to get rid of dipshits. But it can set a bad precedent so I get where you're coming from there, Beer. I also get that you don't want pages of people just saying "this specific poster's a fascist". That said, he holds views that most of us don't want to touch with someone else's lovely stick, and I don't think it's unreasonable for people to refuse to let him get away with his "hello fellow kids" routine when he pops up. Fascists should be ostracised.

Personally, if he can't be banned outright, I'd rather he be specifically excluded from the fascist thread because, as already pointed out, an actual fascist "just asking questions" in the fash thread is Sealioning, it's an act of subtle trolling designed to gently caress with the discourse.

There's plenty of precedent for telling people to stay out of certain threads, or even subforums (hello Hollismason).

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

moths posted:

"Adjacent" is for-real confusing here. Wtf is "next to" fascism? Adjacent also implies that it isn't that thing by virtue of being in proximity to it. "The gas station is adjacent to the cleaners" doesn't imply any sameness to the buildings.

If you means fascist, say fascist. "Enabler" "sympathetic" or "apologist" are probably closer to what is meant, imo.

E: It's also super goddamn depressing to realize that the racist, fascist policy he's defending is actual federal policy and practice.

It's disheartening and exasperating that our say in the matter is limited to whether or not we should allow one of its cheerleaders to talk about nerd games.

Doesn't necessarily have a party membership or a burning desire to grow a toothbrush moustache, but is absolutely fine with Those People going into the concentration camps. Which is Aba to a T, by his own admission.