Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I do not think you are a bad mod. I frankly can't believe that amount of patience you have. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I read BMS's thread.

I think what BMS is trying to get at is that since his pro-concentration camp post, Aba has had a swastika avatar, and has been called a fascist when he shows up. He's never changed the avatar, nor has he denied that he has fascist politics. So, he probably is a fascist.

Now the question is, is that deduction enough to ban him again, or does he have to do something flagrantly fascist? Some people (like BMS) say that's enough, but Beer says he has to do something flagrant (i.e. post something fascist again) to get banned.

What Beer wants is feedback on this position. I don't see an issue with banning Aba, but I'm also sure if Beer does it that other posters will start trying to comb through people's histories to get them banned as well, and the logic will get more and and more specious, because there are some assholes around here who don't care about fascism, but would like to bully people. (Not BMS, for the record). So if Beer gives in here, he's gotta deal with that bullshit, whereas the simple standard of "post fascist stuff=you get banned" is a lot easier to enforce and deal with.

e: this is basically what Lovely Joe already said.

Seldom Posts fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 29, 2019

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

No one has helldumped or post-mined anyway, and I've always been against both because people can change. We've already had one featured person in the fash thread buy an account so they could explain themselves and tell us how they've grown, and another apologise for hosting said fash and has deleted all related content on their channel.

Like we keep saying in the fash thread, witch hunts are bad and never necessary because these fucks are always happy to out themselves.

I like fash thread a lot. It's had notable success already. Thanks for making it.