Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For anyone new, the context is that the poster in question is a fascist poster who literally supports detaining children from their families. And the majority of the subforum hates him and wants him banned.

food court bailiff posted:

I did not think you were a bad mod until today. I still think it's possible you made a mistake, and you keep making it, like a septuagenarian who drove into a wall by mistaking the brake and accelerator, but this thread is making that seem increasingly unlikely.

When a known fascist runs into a thread about calling out fascists and starts doing the "I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONNNNS" dance, they are being disingenuous at best and are actively trying to gently caress up the conversation. I don't think it's unreasonable at all for the community to ask you to take action about it, and in fact your refusal to do so has created....whatever the hell this is.

I agree with all this.

Wasn’t there a time in SAs history where nazis were banned on sight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I think beer is a great mod, and I don't think we should be banning posters for posts they've already been banned for. That's what perma-banning is for, no? That said, bash the fash, and the original post probably should have been a perma-ban, but traditionally that's only for repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat offenders, actual goose-stepping, heil'ing, full on nazis and :reddit:

But he is a repeat offender. His gimmick is coming in and going “well I’m just asking questions” to stir the pot. Like that’s what is also confusing about this. He’s actively detailing discussions but the posters that respond to his fascist derailing by telling him to leave are the ones getting punished.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

No one has helldumped or post-mined anyway, and I've always been against both because people can change. We've already had one featured person in the fash thread buy an account so they could explain themselves and tell us how they've grown, and another apologise for hosting said fash and has deleted all related content on their channel.

Like we keep saying in the fash thread, witch hunts are bad and never necessary because these fucks are always happy to out themselves.

You made a good thread and it has already benefited the community.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I just don’t understand why the Nazi, who also details threads, can’t be banned. When most people want him banned.

It’s not like SA has some resolute constitution that protects fascists. We are a bunch of dorks posting online on our protected community.

The reason SA is so great is precisely because it has (had?) a low tolerance for shitposters and nazis and other jerkwads.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

richyp posted:

What about a comprimise solution. A 2000 word essay on why jailing kids is a violation of human rights, then banning anyway?

Now we’re cooking with gas.