Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
What a cliffhanger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Between this and Atlantis, they really wanted you to just be jumping all over the map all the time, huh?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Between this and Atlantis, they really wanted you to just be jumping all over the map all the time, huh?

its a bit weird because you never really have to go out of the way to get any of the stuff required, you just tend to get it while going thru the story. no need to get booted out after every mini-game, but hey im not the mensa-destroying auteur nomura is, im just the guy who yucks at his games.

btw, new update

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
The zoom in on Sora extending his hand and holding Pooh's weird nubs at around 5:30 is really disturbing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, a Keyblade with a Beyblade launcher in it would be cool as hell.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
This meme seems pertinent: https://twitter.com/nemobane/status/1388227979818397696?s=21

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

drat, a Keyblade with a Beyblade launcher in it would be cool as hell.

And then using drive forms you can let it rip twice at a time! Truly the most deadly weapon in the series

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

short update today

since this is so short lemme give ya all some updates on stuff; we're gonna start recording the commentary for the last story stretch this weekend, hope to start having the first vid of that up early in june. my keyblade hasn't arrived yet, ill get on the seller's rear end if i havent gotten it by the 25th. if that doesnt bear fruit ill try and find a replacement. anyway thats all i can think off needing to give info on, namaste.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

finale hoiype!!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
The gummy ship reveal was amazing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, can't believe Axel pulled a Vegeta and blew himself up using Fire too hard.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wish Mickey was around more because I too laugh literally every time he spouts this corny rear end dialogue

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TwoPair posted:

I wish Mickey was around more because I too laugh literally every time he spouts this corny rear end dialogue

ur in luck then, mickey mouse provides a lot of drama in this world. and there's even some action there for all the actionheads out there;

also a small keyblade update; the one i ordered still hasnt come in, send the seller a email, apparently they weren't able to send it along until a few weeks back. ordered a foam one from closer to where i live, just in case the originals lost somewhere in the mail.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
You can really sense the danger those two are in.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm with FutureFriend, this entire last hour or two of the game rules and I wish more games had the confidence to end with overdramatic nonsense and a million cool boss fights like this one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah, so Ansem was actually Riku this time.

Well that explains why the first ten episodes of this LP was him bullying Roxas. It's basically what he did in the first game when the island still existed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I'm with FutureFriend, this entire last hour or two of the game rules and I wish more games had the confidence to end with overdramatic nonsense and a million cool boss fights like this one.

"Confident" is a great way to describe this game. Me personally, one time I was playing this game and was watching that first cutscene between Mickey and Ansem, and I heard somebody walking over to enter the room so I immediately turned off the entire console. I didn't think I could explain what was going on without sounding like a lunatic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"How to gently caress Off gently caress you animators I hate you" is the hardest I've laughed in a good bit.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

C-Euro posted:

"Confident" is a great way to describe this game. Me personally, one time I was playing this game and was watching that first cutscene between Mickey and Ansem, and I heard somebody walking over to enter the room so I immediately turned off the entire console. I didn't think I could explain what was going on without sounding like a lunatic.

lol. me on the other hand tho, i game proudly. every first date i go on involves me bringing em up to speed on the kingdom hearts lore. works out every time. instant marriage proposal.

anyway, new update tho, lets thin out the organization in this one.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Cut your drat bangs Riku.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

The melodrama of the World That Never Was really is second to none

And is there a reason you haven’t equipped Donald and Goofy’s better weapons

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

usually just changes so little on their capabilities that i just tend to forget every time i run this game lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Christopher Lee was acting the poo poo out of lines and doing a carry job not seen since Tim Curry in Red Alert 3

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It sure is a good thing Riku made sure to cram his adult body into clothes for his teen body to wear under that cloak.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I love that they developed a unique gimmick for the Luxord fight despite the fact that he was hardly in the game. Saix at least did some mugging for the camera during that long Hollow Bastion cutscene.

achillesforever6 posted:

Christopher Lee was acting the poo poo out of lines and doing a carry job not seen since Tim Curry in Red Alert 3

I've always wondered how much background information a Serious Actor is given when they're brought in to do VO work for a video game or cartoon or something else "non-serious". Like how much of the KH lore was Lee given to prep for this job? Or was he given a script with only his lines and a desperate warning not to go poking around for an explanation?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
From what I've gathered, voice actors tend to get exactly as much information as they need to read their lines -- and sometimes not even that much.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

From what I've gathered, voice actors tend to get exactly as much information as they need to read their lines -- and sometimes not even that much.

George Takai was told about the parachuting bears though.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

i think thats just lee's nature, hes just a tutorial guy in goldeneye rogue agent. insane gravitas as he tells you about mindhacking. only something someone whos killed a man can do.

C-Euro posted:

I've always wondered how much background information a Serious Actor is given when they're brought in to do VO work for a video game or cartoon or something else "non-serious". Like how much of the KH lore was Lee given to prep for this job? Or was he given a script with only his lines and a desperate warning not to go poking around for an explanation?

from the single story that haley joel osment told about kh2, apparently the producers of the game hadn't fully figured out the sequence of events yet. cant imagine em telling the 70+ year old man about it all. this is why im sending my lp over to the man when its done, could really help him out for the next game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

FutureFriend posted:

lol. me on the other hand tho, i game proudly. every first date i go on involves me bringing em up to speed on the kingdom hearts lore. works out every time. instant marriage proposal.

anyway, new update tho, lets thin out the organization in this one.

I can't believe futurefriend got fired from his job because he was obsessing trying to figure out how time cards work, he must have never punched in

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

from the single story that haley joel osment told about kh2, apparently the producers of the game hadn't fully figured out the sequence of events yet. cant imagine em telling the 70+ year old man about it all. this is why im sending my lp over to the man when its done, could really help him out for the next game.

I am hoping Christopher Lee is watching this lp in heaven

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't know whether I'm more amazed someone memorized the CAD wedding speech or ashamed that I was able to instantly realize what they were quoting.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What the gently caress, I'm absolutely certain I've watched an LP of this game before and I have no memory at all of about half of the things happening inside this loving castle. Was there stuff added in the HD Remix Drop Distance/2 or did I just block it out of my memories?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

The only added thing here is the fight against Roxas. Everything else is from vanilla KH2.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Huh, guess it must not've left much of an impression then.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I love Xemnas' dual lightsabers, I don't care who knows it.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Geemer posted:

Huh, guess it must not've left much of an impression then.

:same: except for like 90% of this game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I love Xemnas' dual lightsabers, I don't care who knows it.

My favorite part is its just never brought up ingame until you fight him. Mother fucker is dual wielding lasers but the only words he says are light, dark, and foolish

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ever since we got into this castle, I've completely lost track of what's been going on.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sorry for the month long wait, ended up injuring myself while cooking, slowed down my editing. learned my lesson, only going to order subway now. time for the Narrative End tho. let's go beat some nobody rear end

also i did the keyblade swipe i promised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cHSqezu40

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
lowkey Richard Elson energies from angry Mickey's brows