Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Bought a 2019 Tundra last week. It's my first truck ever, and after 18 years of stuffing my 6'3'' self into Corolla's, I must say I appreciate the room I have. That said, I can't quite figure out just what I need to enable, download, or buy to get my 7" touch screen to get maps and navigation on it. The Entune App is completely useless and doesn't really do anything, unless I've downloaded the wrong one.

If anyone is savvy with Entune, I'd appreciate your input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I had a Prius with enTune and unless you got the upgraded package it probably doesn't have maps or navigation, look on your window sticker and see if you have Apple Play or Android Auto if so you can get maps and nav through the phone hooked to your screen. My 16 Prius did not have that capability.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Turns out this Tundra is not capable of it. What poo poo. I have to use this trash called Scout GPS.

Should have done some research I guess. Dodge and Ford trucks come awash with features for the price I paid for this Tundra.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
dude how do you spend thirty thousand american dollars without doing basic research on the feature set

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

What color Tundra is it?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Turns out this Tundra is not capable of it. What poo poo. I have to use this trash called Scout GPS.

Should have done some research I guess. Dodge and Ford trucks come awash with features for the price I paid for this Tundra.

WEll all is not lost Toyota just announced they are retrofitting 2018 Camry and sienna (for a price I don’t know cost) apple play and android. Will probably come to tundra maybe.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

dude how do you spend thirty thousand american dollars without doing basic research on the feature set

My dad just spent many thousands more than this on a new ram and didn’t realize until weeks into ownership that it didn’t have gps. I don’t understand how. He was upset with the salesman and I told him no it’s pretty much his own fault.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Going into higher trim packages would have been thousands more, which I wasn't willing to spend. That and the Toyota entune literature is pretty misleading when it said Scout GPS capable, not telling you it's a third party app that runs in your phone.

In any case, if Toyota is retrofitting vehicles to accept Android auto and the like all is well.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Yeah entune fuckin' sucks. Had it on my '16 Corolla S and I just used Google Music over Bluetooth and ignored the entire infotainment display for the entire 3 years I drove the car. Mine did have nav though, still used my phone for navigation unless it was a really long trip.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Truck buyers lol

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
When I got the Prius to be honest Apple Play was not something I thought I needed, after having a new car and bluetooth then you want more. I could not imagine going back to a new car without Apple Play / Android Auto now that I have it in my 18 Elantra. To be able to have maps/waze/spotify etc... on the big screen is just a must have for me now, especially when you can get it in almost everything. Toyota just being Toyota.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I mean, this is the same car company that still put cassette players in some of their cars until 2010.

They're a bit behind the curve when it comes to their stereos.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

Super strange considering it's Japan. How are they behind GM in terms of electronic gadgetry?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The last tape deck was in a Lexus. Think of the average age of a Lexus buyer.... :corsair:

It was also the last model year for that Lexus (SC 430), it wouldn't have made much sense to redesign the center stack for the final year model. Still, they disappeared from most cars in the early 00s (except for Toyota, I think they were still included on most models until at least 04 or 05).

As for GM... a large chunk of the electronics are Denso (partially owned by Toyota) or Hitachi on mine. :iiam:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 4, 2020