Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

X2 is pretty bad(I honestly thought the only good X-Men film I saw was Logan), and the Crow is kind of crappy because there's never any real credible threat to him other than not-John-Travolta shooting the crow and even that doesn't end up being enough to stop him.

On that note, why the hell isn't Logan on that list.

Totally agreed on Dredd btw, it's criminal that there never has/will be a sequel.

While I haven't seen X2 in like 12 years, I remember it pretty fondly, but I doubt any of the non-Logan X universe movies age very well. X2 was good on release though.

I'd say the first half of Iron Man 1 is probably the best hour of any superhero film bar none. Tony being kidnapped and forced to build a weapon, but secretly creating both the Arc reactor and his first suit is amazing to watch. The 2nd half fizzles out because the Dude is not a very interesting villain, which is the problem plaguing most Marvel movies. I can barely remember the villains of a lot of the stand alone movies because they're mostly boring garbage.

That leads me to Thor Ragnarok, because it's at least got some interesting villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU