Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Skill tree nodes, Lava Talon is converting Frost Claw to Fire, Energy Equivalence + Snowballing converts Flame Rush to Ice.

So Immutable Order sees the skill bar as Ice, Fire, Ice in all of those setups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I knew I was missing some nodes, thanks.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
does immutable order also work with the various runic idols to give you set 1/2/3 rune combos every single time?

edit: also is the Mage Focus skill just buggy as hell for anyone else? I have the teleport node on it unlocked and it misses the teleport about 30-40% of the time and fails to channel when cast probably an equal 30-40% of the time, even if the tele goes off. It might be worth speccing into if it actually worked but instead its a good way to get dead a lot of the time cause it's so goddamn buggy.

Oh, and a couple more thoughts on using a cold build for Frost Claw/Dagorath - a) Frost Claw is pretty unwieldy to use as a direct cast targetted spell; it's really easy to miss your target and do partial damage. Mana strike + Frost Claw on melee hit works really well because the autocast hits every time; direct cast not so much. b) Stacking Frostbite doesnt work that well with Dagoraths since you want crit for Dagoraths to trigger but crit does absolutely nothing for frostbite damage over time, so your affix priorities are kinda hosed. Lightning doesnt have the same insane penetration potential that Frostbite Shackles + Snowdrift Boots gives but feels like it's skills synergize much better, and overall some of the top passives in Runemaster are lightning dependent. Plus Lightning skills just seem easier to use to target mobs.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 23, 2024

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Do you have to clear the Time dungeon every time you want to use the special forge?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Yes. Also, if you have a specific unique in mind you want to use it with, you may need to clear a specific tier (or higher) of the time dungeon (if that unique has too high a level requirement).

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Looking for suggestions on good controller-friendly builds (I can't play ARPGs with a mouse anymore, the tendon in my firearm gets very angry). It also needs to have a quick evade/teleport/dodge-type skill to get me out of AoEs. Otherwise, anything goes.

So far I've played 2 classes to the 80s: Shadow dagger bladedancer (great, except when the game decides target synchronized strike on something in a place I do not want to jump to). Smite hammerdin (doesn't need to target, which is great, but doesn't have an evade button [the windup on shield rush is too slow]).

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 23, 2024

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Looking for suggestions on good controller-friendly builds (I can't play ARPGs with a mouse anymore, the tendon in my firearm gets very angry). It also needs to have a quick evade/teleport/dodge-type skill to get me out of AoEs. Otherwise, anything goes.

So far I've played 2 classes to the 80s: Shadow dagger bladedancer (great, except when the game decides target synchronized strike on something in a place I do not want to jump to). Smite hammerdin (doesn't need to target, which is great, but doesn't have an evade button [the windup on shield rush is too slow

I had the most fun with this build on a controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SHPBAcMgE

Also had a pretty good time with the this torment warlock https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/torment-warlock-guide#gear--header

I am not sure how either currently hold up though.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

The Little Kielbasa posted:

So far I've played 2 classes to the 80s: Shadow dagger bladedancer (great, except when the game decides target synchronized strike on something in a place I do not want to jump to). Smite hammerdin (doesn't need to target, which is great, but doesn't have an evade button [the windup on shield rush is too slow

recently respecced my frost claw runemaster into this and it's much better with controller than the previous build, also does more damage, has no mana problems and is more tanky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkwJg5IdDYA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I’ve played warlock and frost claw into monos on controller and they were fine. Really the only thing you can’t play are builds where you have to cast on minions, you’d think necro would be a kingly controller class but nope

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Leveling up a bow build felt bad with controller too.

Seems that rogue has few endgame builds with bows you actually fire (instead of stat sticks), what a weird thing. Even saw a marksman build that used daggers instead, wtf. Most of the unique bows just didn't seem that good. That bums me out because I love ranger classes with a pet or two but it doesn't seem super viable. I didn't like the bow skills a ton either.

Necro is now around 60 and into monos. Much slower than falconer with my 20ish skelebros but the damage is decent. All my gear sucks but at least purps are dropping a lot now.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Inventory management is too painful on controller to make it viable for me. Actually anything involving menus.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Suburban Dad posted:

Even saw a marksman build that used daggers instead, wtf.

This is the Jelkhor's detonating arrow build right? I'm leveling one now and it is goddamn hilarious. I did the campaign with acid flask and then swapped to 2x Jelkhor's and was immediately able to kill t1 Julra and the first few monolith timeline bosses in about 3 seconds each.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Quick question: what do I want to be shattering/removing during the campaign, tier-wise? Just shatter anything with any affix good for my current build and remove anything over X tier?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I save removals for +skills, hybrid health, or T6/7 of other good stuff.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I went through lastepochtools and stuck all the rarer affixes (anything 80%+ T4 or higher) on a filter, i toss those in a tab & then periodically go through and decide if I want to shatter or remove. Usually remove when it's like 2, maybe 3 affixes or if its something particularly juicy for my build like +relevant skills

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Edmond Dantes posted:

Quick question: what do I want to be shattering/removing during the campaign, tier-wise? Just shatter anything with any affix good for my current build and remove anything over X tier?

Mostly plus skills as folks said because they seem more rare or class specific ones affixes. If they're high tier, you might use removals instead because they usually give more shards.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I finally levelled up my Necro enough to spec into the Wraithlord build and it is as silly as advertised. I feel like I'm not really the hero, more the hero's manager. I just follow this big guy around, make sure he has enough to eat, make sure his buffs are just the way he likes, while he one-shots everything with his sick railgun.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I finally levelled up my Necro enough to spec into the Wraithlord build and it is as silly as advertised. I feel like I'm not really the hero, more the hero's manager. I just follow this big guy around, make sure he has enough to eat, make sure his buffs are just the way he likes, while he one-shots everything with his sick railgun.

the sancho panza build

BulletHole
Aug 20, 2003
"I own this fat j-bag, oh yes i do." Sehnsucht
I've got a falconer up to the high 80s and I've been enjoying it but I find I need to be really on to do well - slowing down or being sloppy can turn fatal very fast, even against trash. I'm thinking of leveling an alt. Can anyone recommend a good build that can still be capable when the player is feeling old dumb and slow?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Have you tried rive healing hands paladin

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

First 4lp drop...a kestral. Too bad I burned out playing falconer already.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

BulletHole posted:

I've got a falconer up to the high 80s and I've been enjoying it but I find I need to be really on to do well - slowing down or being sloppy can turn fatal very fast, even against trash. I'm thinking of leveling an alt. Can anyone recommend a good build that can still be capable when the player is feeling old dumb and slow?

if you're just trying to play the video game and not push a billionty corruption, just play zoo necro. it's good until at least a couple hundred corruption without needing any real direction or specific items

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

BulletHole posted:

As a falconer, I agree. I zone out after a while cause I'm just nuking everything there is and not having any difficulty. And as the web gets further and further out eventually I just die over and over cause I'm not paying attention that I pulled 50 mobs to me.

I really wish there were more settings for the visuals. It's really challenging to know what is exactly on my screen to when I got bombs, falcons and poo poo all over the ground.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tonetta posted:

if you're just trying to play the video game and not push a billionty corruption, just play zoo necro. it's good until at least a couple hundred corruption without needing any real direction or specific items

Necro is a good call. Zoo, one-button abomination, Wrathlord are all lazy as hell, just like I like it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is there a Lich build that's a little more explosive and less reliant on Death Seal? I like the entire concept of the playstyle but Death Seal seems like it's trying to do too much.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
there has to be some kind of chill build in a lich chaos bolt/bone curse illusion of pain combo. chaos bolts can apply and refresh bone curse duration, and there's a node to make chaos bolts use life instead of mana, which is ideal for lich because it has infinite life when casting skills

i'd be playing it but none of my friends have time to play games right now and i don't play arpgs solo lol

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
This build (zombie sacrifice) is the definition of explosive lich with no death seal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVxJ-Wn13o

Needs some specific, high rarity gear to make work.

Death seal is very strong and lich is tuned around it being very strong, so in general playing without it is a really bad idea.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

euphronius posted:

Have you tried rive healing hands paladin

Started this build last night on a whim after seeing this post and drat, at level 20 this already feels good. Lunge in and everything's dead in 1-2 Rive hits with an HH proc. Don't even have everything online yet and some random uniques slotted in instead of all the correct gear affixes and it still works well.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

gnoma posted:

This build (zombie sacrifice) is the definition of explosive lich with no death seal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVxJ-Wn13o

Needs some specific, high rarity gear to make work.

Death seal is very strong and lich is tuned around it being very strong, so in general playing without it is a really bad idea.

This looks fun, kinda requires some very specific gear though. Wish I knew about this before I junked like a million "minions follow you" experimental affixes~!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

for frost claw, a t6 frost claw level slammed on a twisted heart is fine right? the guide im looking at only has 24 points in it. a t6 relic is ~20 mil and a t7 is ~200 lol

i will probably be able to hit a t6 slam before running out of money

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ugly John posted:

Started this build last night on a whim after seeing this post and drat, at level 20 this already feels good. Lunge in and everything's dead in 1-2 Rive hits with an HH proc. Don't even have everything online yet and some random uniques slotted in instead of all the correct gear affixes and it still works well.

You want one affix to turn your life into mana shield and then HH will start giving you tons of MS and also heal you . It’s awesome

You get this affix on gloves from the naughty mages

That’s it !

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Approaching 80 with Allie Frostclaw Runemaster and mana is becoming a real issue. I have +INT everywhere, including some T6/7. Have some decent mana regen. Just have to really feather the frostclaw casts. Bossing is the most difficult in that regard. I've found only like 4 +frostclaw items so far.

Basically immortal which is nice. I'm interested to see how it will handle the jump to empowered.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 25, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you have the mountain boots? they fixed my mana for bosses.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
No, I need those dang boots.

Did an easy peazy T2 and got the boots.

Yep, solved that problem!

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 25, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

first try lets loving go

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The stuns when you stop moving for anything beyond cast time are getting real old. That has to be the cause of like 90% of my deaths.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Awesome! posted:

first try lets loving go

How long do you think it took to make that that, all told? Congrats!

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 26, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaddish posted:

How long do you think it took to make that that, all told? Congrats!

so far this season i have probably killed the bone dragon dozens of times across 3 characters and ive seen 1 heart with 1lp drop. i dont think ive seen a single t6/7 frost claw relic drop but i wasnt filtering for them specifically at the start. so yeah if you are cof i can imagine its a loving hellgrind.

im mg though so i just bought the 2 things and smushed them together.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Awesome! posted:

so far this season i have probably killed the bone dragon dozens of times across 3 characters and ive seen 1 heart with 1lp drop. i dont think ive seen a single t6/7 frost claw relic drop but i wasnt filtering for them specifically at the start. so yeah if you are cof i can imagine its a loving hellgrind.

im mg though so i just bought the 2 things and smushed them together.

Slightly better luck here, but not by much. I've had one Heart with 1 LP drop. I got one +4 FC drop and one +3 FC drop.

and I failed the smash on the +4 FC to the Heart (at least I duplicated the +4 FC first) :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah cof is in a bad spot.