Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kaddish posted:

Yeah cof is in a bad spot.

I have had some luck in general with CoF -- got an LP3 Exsanguinous and a godly exalted armor for my Necro build that I managed to combine, and I was targeting both of those with Prophecies. But for really rare stuff like trying to pull a specific T7 affix or a rare boss drop, it can be a grind for sure.

It would be nice if CoF had a way to boost and aim at boss drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Awesome! posted:

so far this season i have probably killed the bone dragon dozens of times across 3 characters and ive seen 1 heart with 1lp drop. i dont think ive seen a single t6/7 frost claw relic drop but i wasnt filtering for them specifically at the start. so yeah if you are cof i can imagine its a loving hellgrind.

I've got 3 2lp and like 20 1lp bug also I did my 100 to 1000 grind in reign of dragons. 2 of them bricked in the worst way and the third finally hit. I got a couple 3lp boss staffs out of the deal though so maybe I'll try something with those.

E: this is my omni collection from that same grind. 2 of them 1lp

while no, it's not going to be better than if you were to sink in 60 hours in the first 75 hours of the cycle and snap up all the really good stuff that people listed for free because the listers didn't bother reading and just listened to a youtuber explain to them what to do, or the people who open up their wallets to tos breaking third party sites, you're absolutely capable of keeping pace with everybody else. it's just a matter of exploring & understanding the mechanics of cof.

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 26, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yep.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

StarkRavingMad posted:

This feels like the main CoF pain point (and maybe a decent replacement for the rank 9 faction power that currently boosts set drops, a thing almost nobody cares about). Exalted gear and general drop uniques are easy to boost, easy to target, and it isn't really hard to get those uniques with at least 1-2 LP, but if you want some specific boss drop at all, let alone with LP, you are in for some misery.

otoh I wish I'd been able to bottle the rush I felt when the Strands of Souls belt I'd been farming finally dropped for the first time, and with 1LP to boot

god knows when I'll ever be able to kill Julra at T4 to slam the thing, granted

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
CoF’s vibe to me is more about doing your own thing and then being open to swapping around to play alts when you find good drops for other builds. It definitely doesn’t have the efficiency of “farm gold, buy exactly what you need” tho

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If you want trade play trade :shrug:

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

CoF is like buying dozens of raffle tickets and hoping you win the grand prize bike you really want and instead you win a TV that someone else would have wanted

MG is like selling cookie dough for a school fundraiser so you can earn the bike and all you have to do is sell enough. You know you will get the bike eventually if you just keep selling cookies

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yup, I've said it a couple times in here. Some of them are rare enough, especially with LP, that you're just boned as CoF trying to target them. I haven't gotten higher than 1LP of anything important and then you miss the slam and it sucks.

I think I'm about done with this season. I like a lot of things this game has done and played for longer than I thought I would with how shallow the endgame is right now. Annoyances with certain mechanics, grinding for certain drops that never happen, etc... Might give PoE a play as I've never made it out of the starter zone in that one. I'm excited to see the things D4 is stealing from LE in action too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

give the new poe league a shot on friday

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Never been happier just playing LE offline with no issues. :peanut:

I really can`t be arsed grinding PoE again, i`ll stick with watching player streams of it in the background.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, I'm just totally done with PoE until 2 gets here.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I never expected CoF to be the equal of Merchant's guild with regard to ease of gearing up. It'd still be cool if they made it somewhat easier to get boss drops, though, and I expect they will.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
CoF is maybe better if you want to gear up 10 mediocre guys at once. And merchant is for if you want 1 or 2 really good guys.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I like most the poe qol stuff that's dropping but it's not like that's going anywhere so it can wait. there's some neat stuff with the upcoming league mechanics, but I don't really think it's for me, especially coming off that insane high from last league. plus, I'll be busy all easter, and I'm not a fan of late starting games with seasonal economies.

I'm really looking forward to poe 2 - the vibe I've gotten from the gameplay that's available online is that there's a modernized callback to diablo 1 combat where you're not really expected to just blow up bosses, but maneuver around them. I have a feeling it's not going to be very popular because there will be a higher skill floor than the other arpg's, but that doesn't bother me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I followed this campaign skip guide I found on reddit and I'd say it took me a third as long? I hit monos at level 53. Caveats are I didn't start following it until like level 20 and I was also a bladedancer with 30% MS boots. You level like a motherfucker in those dungeons, if your build can handle enemy levels 10+ or more, you can get like 5 levels a run.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

zoux posted:

I followed this campaign skip guide I found on reddit and I'd say it took me a third as long? I hit monos at level 53. Caveats are I didn't start following it until like level 20 and I was also a bladedancer with 30% MS boots. You level like a motherfucker in those dungeons, if your build can handle enemy levels 10+ or more, you can get like 5 levels a run.

I'm not entirely sure what "leveling gear" means, but I assume it's not like, a 0-lp kestrel, a unique weapon and whatever poo poo you find because you cannot beat lightless arbor with just poo poo you find before it. You'll burn through so many keys just dying to random incidental damage. I'm not sure what kind of HP/resists you need to have by then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think I had Vipertail and the tree ring (bladedancer is extremely strong from the jump)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Circle of Fortune is really good for people like me that get bored with one build really quickly.

By the time I get to empowered monos I have a bunch of other uniques to build around instead.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i was fine with cof until i wanted to use a build that needs a specific boss drop from a dungeon and now i'm mad

i do have tons of uniques for alts though :toot:

also i finally got a mad ladle so i can spoon skeletons to death

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm about 100k away form COF 9 on my Falconer.
They need to allow a even more specific focus to hunt gear. It's still to general.
Like, I love having prophecies to go for and not just grinding a zone for money. It keeps me interest lot more having 'quests' to complete over and over.

I just started a Lich necro (hope to play that zombie build from the other page).
Luckily i have some gear I was able to use but I went MG this time as the specific gear I know i'll never get grinding away.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

zoux posted:

If you’re playing a strong build and have a few basic twink uniques (like not even LPd, just basic uniques) you can be in monos at like level 25. You have to be a little careful and take your time at first but you also gain a level or two per echo until you get up to 50 or 60. The most brainless way I’ve found to level alts is do all main & side quests acts 1-5 until you get the Sapphire Tablet quest. Finish that quest & get the Temporal Sanctum waypoint (conveniently right next to the end of the quest). Go do monos until you get a Temporal Sanctum key and until you have a few more levels + gear to finish Sanctum. If you have good twink gear and keys in stash you can skip this. Do Sanctum, skip to Act 9, finish all Act 9 main + side quests and you’re done, go run monos.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

idiotsavant posted:

If you’re playing a strong build and have a few basic twink uniques (like not even LPd, just basic uniques) you can be in monos at like level 25. You have to be a little careful and take your time at first but you also gain a level or two per echo until you get up to 50 or 60. The most brainless way I’ve found to level alts is do all main & side quests acts 1-5 until you get the Sapphire Tablet quest. Finish that quest & get the Temporal Sanctum waypoint (conveniently right next to the end of the quest). Go do monos until you get a Temporal Sanctum key and until you have a few more levels + gear to finish Sanctum. If you have good twink gear and keys in stash you can skip this. Do Sanctum, skip to Act 9, finish all Act 9 main + side quests and you’re done, go run monos.

This is what I've done on my last two alts and it's pretty quick. Another tip: run past like 90% of everything. Unless an area is like 3-5 levels above you (you can see the area level in the upper right if you tab the minimap to full), don't bother fighting anything except minibosses and maybe an occasional pack. I figured out that I was wasting so much time killing way too many trash mobs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

idiotsavant posted:

This gets you all the idol slots and passives?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

A Moose posted:

I'm not entirely sure what "leveling gear" means, but I assume it's not like, a 0-lp kestrel, a unique weapon and whatever poo poo you find because you cannot beat lightless arbor with just poo poo you find before it. You'll burn through so many keys just dying to random incidental damage. I'm not sure what kind of HP/resists you need to have by then.

Tbh a 0-lp kestrel, a Firestarter’s Torch, and like a couple quicksilver rings get you a pretty long way on an alt but ideally you roll up a 2-3 LP kestrel with some variation of T7 health/vit/allres/etc and a weapon with T6-7 flat damage and just crush everything.

Also re CoF, Raxx posted a video about target farming items with CoF yesterday and it seems good. Idk how well it works for boss drops; might need a lot more re-rolling to get the right prophecies. Basically use lenses for all the double rewards and for the target item you want and then re-roll for good prophecies where you get like 14 unique daggers off a boss kill that can be repeated twice

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zoux posted:

Yup, it's exactly what you need to hit all idols and passives.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

zoux posted:

Yes - all main + side up to & including Sapphire Tablet, then all main & side in Act 9. I prefer it to the all quests act 1-7 method cause it gets you the final stat bump from Majasa and it’s a little more efficient if you’re going to kill Majasa after doing the 1-7 method

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

idiotsavant posted:

Tbh a 0-lp kestrel, a Firestarter’s Torch, and like a couple quicksilver rings get you a pretty long way on an alt but ideally you roll up a 2-3 LP kestrel with some variation of T7 health/vit/allres/etc and a weapon with T6-7 flat damage and just crush everything.

Also re CoF, Raxx posted a video about target farming items with CoF yesterday and it seems good. Idk how well it works for boss drops; might need a lot more re-rolling to get the right prophecies. Basically use lenses for all the double rewards and for the target item you want and then re-roll for good prophecies where you get like 14 unique daggers off a boss kill that can be repeated twice

Raxx also did a pretty good video on a leveling gear set that you can use for any class (basically Firestarter's torch, plus common low-level uniques with +fire/elemental damage on them, along with health and movement speed) that I thought was interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNlr7RA-V5A

Gear here: https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/planner/skn10zuc (this is obviously the super optimized version, you wouldn't need everything to be all 4 LPed out and only need a couple of the affixes here and there really).

I don't know if I'll bother with it this cycle since I've probably rolled all the alts I plan to, but for the next cycle I'm going to keep it in mind. Seems like something that would be reasonably easy to put together while doing other things.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm looking for some assistance with loot filter rules.

I'm trying to set up a rule that says: recolour items with two or more of my desired affixes, that have either no class requirement or are sentinel only

The second part of that is giving me some trouble. I realise I could put a rule above it that hides all gear that's specific to the other four classes but that would then hide, for example, an acolyte item with hybrid health on it before it gets to my "recolour affixes that I want to shatter" rule

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone with more knowledge can correct me (i'm just using the auction house filters to base this on)

I don't think what you want makes any sense in game.

The 3 gear slots (helm, body, relic) that are have class specific gear do not have 'no class req' gear at all. The drop is going to be a class specific item.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

One thing I do wish is that all Exalted items would always be named after the affix that actually gets the T6/7 mod so that you can quickly decide to pick the thing up.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Digital Jedi posted:

Someone with more knowledge can correct me (i'm just using the auction house filters to base this on)

I don't think what you want makes any sense in game.

The 3 gear slots (helm, body, relic) that are have class specific gear do not have 'no class req' gear at all. The drop is going to be a class specific item.

I was trying to avoid having to break it out into a different rule for each slot because I know I'll be futzing around with the affixes I care about as I come up with a build, and it would be a bunch of duplication. But I guess I'll need those eventually so I might as well bite the bullet now

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yea that's another limit of the loot filter. You can't 'twin' multiple affixes together in a single rule.
For example I only want health/health regen, or vit/health on gear. It's going to grab 2 of the 4 affixes in any combo.

So if you want a specific pairing of 2 affixes, you need to create rules for each pairing you want

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Yeah it would be nice to be able to collect affixes in a group so for your example you could highlight items with health and anything from the group (vitality, regen). Something for the future perhaps.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

You get 75 rules in a filter. Copy the rule that's almost the same, change the thing that you want on the copy, recolour so you can tell the difference and you now have your item. It does suck a little that you can't roll all the specifications into one rule as an and/or situation, but it's pretty simple to do and plenty of room to do it

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

man, my brain is just sliding off this build guide for bleed warlock. I know what I need to get to, but I don't know how to make my character playable now, but im also too far in to quit. I have crit avoidance capped, I have resists capped, I have an exsanguinous (0LP), a Last Steps of the Living (1LP, no good boots to slam into it), frostbite shackles (same), no twisted heart, and I need to figure out how to get like 600 more hp. I can't figure out what my next goal is. I load up the game, press i, look at my gear, look at the guide, look at my gear, look at the guide, get a headache, and play something else. also I'm so many hours in and I don't know if I like it or not. Honestly I just leveled a warlock because it was new, and looked up "whats a good endgame warlock build"

what's a really dumb build for dumb people that just works and can clear like 200 corruption? Right now I'm using that wraithlord build but its kinda boring.

I tried lich too, and leveling as poison lich was easy and cool and stuff dies, but then apparently they dumpstered the poison build in endgame.

all the acolyte masteries have been fun to level, but that just doesn't translate to endgame at all

A Moose fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 28, 2024

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

A Moose posted:

what's a really dumb build for dumb people that just works and can clear like 200 corruption? Right now I'm using that wraithlord build but its kinda boring.

Exploding Totem Shaman is a powerful "hold down right click to clear the screen" build. Haven't taken it to 200 corruption yet, though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i switched to low life on my bleed warlock when i started empowered monos and i think i only had like 4k ward but it was enough to get going.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ugly John posted:

Started this build last night on a whim after seeing this post and drat, at level 20 this already feels good. Lunge in and everything's dead in 1-2 Rive hits with an HH proc. Don't even have everything online yet and some random uniques slotted in instead of all the correct gear affixes and it still works well.

Did you keep playing this

It’s maybe the best paladin class fantasy build I’ve seen in arpgs. Except for the stupid time skill

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i switched to low life on my bleed warlock when i started empowered monos and i think i only had like 4k ward but it was enough to get going.

I think I'm at 2k ward, but without the last steps of the living since I didn't want to lose a bunch more health on my boots. Maybe I should just switch the boots over and then grind for something to combine them with

I was looking at Lich builds and I see a janky hungering souls build, and an ultra-hardcore harvest build, anyone try either of those? I know lich can get tanky as gently caress and not have to gently caress around with ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I cannot get an exsanguinous but I’m swimming in those drat boots :argh: