Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Kaysette posted:

I cannot get an exsanguinous but I’m swimming in those drat boots :argh:

you're on cof right? just spam unique chest prophecies. you'll get a 2lp pretty quick & a 1lp pretty much immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kaysette posted:

I cannot get an exsanguinous but I’m swimming in those drat boots :argh:

I have multiple lp exsangs on coh chars but still can’t find the fuckin’ boots no matter how many runes I throw at it or boot prophecies I run

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Hauki posted:

I have multiple lp exsangs on coh chars but still can’t find the fuckin’ boots no matter how many runes I throw at it or boot prophecies I run

the boots are boss only from Blood Frost & Death

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Tonetta posted:

the boots are boss only from Blood Frost & Death

oh, lol

I had so many pairs in beta I guess I just forgot they were a boss drop

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Tonetta posted:

you're on cof right? just spam unique chest prophecies. you'll get a 2lp pretty quick & a 1lp pretty much immediately

I have so many boots because I keep running those and doing that mono boss!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I have to know if anyone else has run into this dapper gentleman in Checkpoint Rest Town

Edit: This is not the DD2 thread, but I'm leaving him here anyways

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Am I right to assume Formosus is repeatable for CoF prophecies by just killing him over and over without talking to the quest NPC?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Hit Man posted:

Am I right to assume Formosus is repeatable for CoF prophecies by just killing him over and over without talking to the quest NPC?

no

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

A Moose posted:

what's a really dumb build for dumb people that just works and can clear like 200 corruption? Right now I'm using that wraithlord build but its kinda boring.

Mana strike spellblade with dagoraths + the spark catalyst. Your skills are Frost Claw with mana arc + lightning + triggered by melee + individual bolts instead of blast nodes, lightning blast w/ sparks and skilled so that it doesn’t obliterate your mana when it casts (ie don’t go nuts on +mana chains), mana strike with spark charge and hit on cursor with auto-target and then +mana nodes when you have more points for it, enchant weapon with max cd, autocast, and attack speed, and then static to bomb single target - main ones are 200 charges, the more charges = more damage node, some distance, more charges = more targets, and gain charges on crit after static discharge.

Skill bar skills are mana strike on your attack button, ench weapon, teleport, flame ward, static, tho tele & flame ward can be whatever you want. You run around and just hold down right click and blow everything up. Sometimes you static for more damage, or teleport away/towards stuff, but mainly just right click and watch mobs turn into dust.

Pretty easy to level, too; Mage/Spellblade has some decent skills for early leveling. The mana strike/frost claw combo is pretty strong even without dagoraths and if you spec tele and flame ward early on before respeccing into your build it’s decently sturdy. Mana use can be a problem if you go into big static bombs or tons of lightning chain/frost claw mana arcs before you have enough regen (tho you can spec mana arc to be free) so just be aware of it.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

euphronius posted:

Did you keep playing this

It’s maybe the best paladin class fantasy build I’ve seen in arpgs. Except for the stupid time skill

Oh yeah - so much so I've shelved my other characters for the time being while I finish out normal monos and farm up an Exsanguinous as well.

There is just so much to like about this build it's silly. It's so tanky I've just stopped doing boss mechanics - even for Lagon I just void charged over to the other tentacle when the sweeping beam came out, but that's it. Finally got a decent health->ward glove to drop so in my mediocre gear at 68 I'm at 1.6k health and 2.5ish ward every fight, while still dealing pretty good damage. I can't wait to see how busted it feels once I'm in proper exotics with a few good legendaries.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ugly John posted:

Oh yeah - so much so I've shelved my other characters for the time being while I finish out normal monos and farm up an Exsanguinous as well.

There is just so much to like about this build it's silly. It's so tanky I've just stopped doing boss mechanics - even for Lagon I just void charged over to the other tentacle when the sweeping beam came out, but that's it. Finally got a decent health->ward glove to drop so in my mediocre gear at 68 I'm at 1.6k health and 2.5ish ward every fight, while still dealing pretty good damage. I can't wait to see how busted it feels once I'm in proper exotics with a few good legendaries.

Is there a build guide you followed that I can take a look at?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SHPBAcMgE

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Gracias.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
The one I ended up on is slightly different but ends up similarly:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/melee-crit-healing-hands-paladin

You end up with Void Cleave and Abyssal Echoes instead of Sigils + reversal. Void Cleave becomes a traversal skill and both it and Rive proc a ton of stuff, and it just feels really good.

Update: mono Lagon completely disrespected, with ward the sweeping beam only took me to around half health, refilled in an instant. Learn nothing, break everything.

Ugly John fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 29, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Ugly John posted:

You end up with Void Cleave and Abyssal Echoes instead of Sigils + reversal. Void Cleave becomes a traversal skill and both it and Rive proc a ton of stuff, and it just feels really good.

I'll take a look thanks. I do kinda like the 2h melee stuff vs 1h/shield, although I don't really see a reason that the other build couldn't go 2h except that he really emphasized how important attack speed is to the build and 1h would hit faster I think.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I'm running a lightning werebear druid build for levelling that converts melee damage to lightning, does anyone know if +spell damage applies to the lightning damage from melee? Seems like it wouldn't since it's not a spell but wanted to confirm.

Are there any good ways to verify any of this? That's one of the problems I have with LE, I have no good way to judge if things are working the way they should other than just eyeballing the damage numbers as I go.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

I'm running a lightning werebear druid build for levelling that converts melee damage to lightning, does anyone know if +spell damage applies to the lightning damage from melee? Seems like it wouldn't since it's not a spell but wanted to confirm.

Are there any good ways to verify any of this? That's one of the problems I have with LE, I have no good way to judge if things are working the way they should other than just eyeballing the damage numbers as I go.

As you convert a skill, in theory the tags on the skill should update, so you should be able to hover over the skill in your character and see what tags effect it. You could also hold Alt on the node that is doing the conversion to see what it says.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hhhnnng when it hits just right

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The Locator posted:

As you convert a skill, in theory the tags on the skill should update, so you should be able to hover over the skill in your character and see what tags effect it. You could also hold Alt on the node that is doing the conversion to see what it says.

Ah yeah, forgot to check the tags and nope, no spell tag on that ability.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

RandomBlue posted:

It’s all pretty much like to like I think. Elemental damage is elemental damage, spell damage is spell damage, etc. if it’s tagged melee and lightning, then +melee or +lightning or +lightning melee affixes will boost it, but +spell, + lightning spell, or like +physical will not boost it unless it shares spell tags or physical tags etc

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this insta-sold at 200. wonder how much more i could have got. i crafted it with the intention of using it but it didnt quite work out how i wanted and i dont need poison res and it turns out that the 2nd charge of flame ward breaks auto casting it so that went right out the window.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Infinite gold bug went public today so essentially anything on MG is going to insta-sell

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I think maybe it would be good if people abusing gold dupes or buying gold thru third party sites were permanently removed from the game

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Mover posted:

Infinite gold bug went public today so essentially anything on MG is going to insta-sell

Guess I won’t complain about cof anymore lol

The Reddit comments make it sound like the entire economy is turbofucked

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Good thing I went CoF on this second char I guess.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It is funny to imagine the people who buy gold w real money from third party farmers looking down as the coins turn into leaves and acorns in their hands then blow away in the wind while, in the distance, a mischievous elf disappears beyond the treeline

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Ugly John posted:

Update: mono Lagon completely disrespected, with ward the sweeping beam only took me to around half health, refilled in an instant. Learn nothing, break everything.

Went into the first mono at level 38 after clearing act V, dinged 50 on the death of the Abomination to finish the mono. Didn't get xp blessing... feels bad.

The build is super strong and clears much faster than I was expecting. I already had a volcanus in my stash, so in 8 levels I get to equip the best in slot weapon. Should probably zip back to act 9 now and clear it for all my idol slots and a few more passives.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Looks around at the ruckus, shrugs... and keeps playing in offline mode. :)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ugly John posted:

This build feels a bit better than the sword and shield one, enjoying it a lot! Wish this guide talked about uniques at all outside of the volcanus though.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Mover posted:

Hotfix just went out for this bug but no info yet on what'll happen about previous exploits of it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
lol LE

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

This build feels a bit better than the sword and shield one, enjoying it a lot! Wish this guide talked about uniques at all outside of the volcanus though.

I've been rocking this since level 51 (level 56 now) and honestly I'm not sure how Volcanus is going to beat this unless I get a multi-LP one and a good slam.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

arpgs were not meant to have trading. Hell, multiplayer is questionable. maybe they shouldn't even be online or else you have to deal with leaderboards and worse, people who care about them.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dammit they’re right

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The Locator posted:

I've been rocking this since level 51 (level 56 now) and honestly I'm not sure how Volcanus is going to beat this unless I get a multi-LP one and a good slam.

Holy poo poo I did not read that text about shattering when I was using it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

Holy poo poo I did not read that text about shattering when I was using it.

How good it gets is fully dependent on the RNG of your shatter. It can turn out amazing.. or really not get much at all.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Locator posted:

How good it gets is fully dependent on the RNG of your shatter. It can turn out amazing.. or really not get much at all.

can you use runes of removal to get 1 stat on your weapon and make it more likely to get full shards when you shatter it?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

can you use runes of removal to get 1 stat on your weapon and make it more likely to get full shards when you shatter it?

Well, shatter doesn't work like that. You get a random number of shards back even on a single prefix. I have a loot filter setup for Hybrid Health and if at all possible I'll rune of removal to get those hybrid shards, but sometimes you hit it wrong and leave nothing but the hybrid health with no forging potential left so you have to shatter it. Say it's a T5 Hybrid.. you can get 1 shard, 5 shards or anything in between on the shatter, and with the sword you'd end up with only that one affix.

I'd rather craft the heck out of your shatter sword to get as many good affixes as possible, preferably even an exalted for the best stats, shatter it and just hope you get lucky on good rolls, otherwise you'll never end up with a good 4 extra affix sword like I lucked out on. I honestly thought that this sword worked like a 4 LP unique with no failure possible, but it was explained to me that it's based on how the Shatter goes, and I did another one and it came out pretty crappy because of the RNG.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Dungeons are maybe the worst aspect of this game. Temporal Sanctum is fine but soulfire sucks so much rear end and lightless arbor is a big whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

The Locator posted:

Well, shatter doesn't work like that. You get a random number of shards back even on a single prefix. I have a loot filter setup for Hybrid Health and if at all possible I'll rune of removal to get those hybrid shards, but sometimes you hit it wrong and leave nothing but the hybrid health with no forging potential left so you have to shatter it. Say it's a T5 Hybrid.. you can get 1 shard, 5 shards or anything in between on the shatter, and with the sword you'd end up with only that one affix.

I think the idea was to shatter a sword with one affix to get that affix, then shatter another sword with one affix to get a second affix. And just work on it one affix/sword at a time.

Are you saying that every shatter, regardless of affix count, completely overwrites the previous one instead of adding to it? The description makes it sound like the latter.