Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Offkorn posted:

I think the idea was to shatter a sword with one affix to get that affix, then shatter another sword with one affix to get a second affix. And just work on it one affix/sword at a time.

Are you saying that every shatter, regardless of affix count, completely overwrites the previous one instead of adding to it? The description makes it sound like the latter.

Shatter just gives you a range of results (ie number of shards) per affix, higher tiers giving you a higher top end of results. One of those results is zero shards. Shattering an item with just one affix does not give you a higher chance of getting those shards, it just ensures you're being inefficient with the rune.

E: I totally misread what this was talking about didn't i

Thirsty Dog fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Offkorn posted:

I think the idea was to shatter a sword with one affix to get that affix, then shatter another sword with one affix to get a second affix. And just work on it one affix/sword at a time.

Are you saying that every shatter, regardless of affix count, completely overwrites the previous one instead of adding to it? The description makes it sound like the latter.

I only had 2 of these swords, so I can't answer your question for sure, but as far as I know, you get one shot at it because once it absorbs an affix, now it's a legendary, not a Unique anymore. Shattering while it's equipped after the first one has never changed my affixes, but I've never had one without 4 affixes.

Maybe someone on the market side of the game could buy one of these and test that, but if I get another one I'm going to be trying for an even better shatter, so won't be experimenting.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Failboattootoot posted:

Dungeons are maybe the worst aspect of this game. Temporal Sanctum is fine but soulfire sucks so much rear end and lightless arbor is a big whatever.

Yeah. I mean, I don't hate them but I never really want to run them. Luckily, TS is really the only necessary one. The only time I've run Arbor was getting a decent pair of the boots for my runemaster, and I can't remember the last time I did Soulfire.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Is there a bug with the Flurry skill and bows? I have noticed sometimes that the animation goes off but it's only hitting like it's firing a single projectile and seems much slower.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Offkorn posted:

According to this every time you shatter a 2H sword with the Merophage equipped it completely replaces any affixes you'd added previously with the results of the current shatter. The guy tests several different scenarios:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/16mnxu0/merophage_shattering_tests/

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

According to this every time you shatter a 2H sword with the Merophage equipped it completely replaces any affixes you'd added previously with the results of the current shatter. The guy tests several different scenarios:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/16mnxu0/merophage_shattering_tests/

Oh crap! I guess I just go lucky and never actually shattered a 2h sword while I had my good Merophage equipped, because I assumed that it was a one time deal. Obviously I was very wrong! I've moved on from Merophage now on my Paladin, as I got a 2h Axe with T7 attack speed and T5 crit chance and the massively higher base-damage combined with those makes it easily out-perform Merophage even though I lose the +1 to all skills and the huge plus damage modifier.

Definitely would have sucked to over-writ all the affixes on the sword I was using, as I'm not sure I'd get that lucky again with the roll and shatter. Does let me know I can play shatter games with the other one though, just to play around.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

We should be able to just skip from like, level 40 to 70. What is so important that happens in those levels? At that point, you pretty much have a finished leveling build. Endgame builds start at 70, and you probably have all your campaign stuff done. So there's just 30 levels of pointless grinding before you can do empowered monos

in other news, I spent a bunch of time grinding for a better exsanguinous, and then realized there's no point. ward builds are gonna get hit so hard by the time I have one. What's the highest corruption you can get without 9000 ward?

A Moose fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 5, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

We should be able to just skip from like, level 40 to 70. What is so important that happens in those levels? At that point, you pretty much have a finished leveling build. Endgame builds start at 70, and you probably have all your campaign stuff done. So there's just 30 levels of pointless grinding before you can do empowered monos

Gearing up to survive the empowered monos, getting your first set of lower powered blessings for the same?

I mean I get what you are saying, but I enjoy that part of the game the most, as it's where leveling happens the fastest so I get to put points and improvements on my dude on the regular, which is fun.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I think only having to unlock empowered monoliths once per cycle is a reasonable change given that you can just jump into monoliths at level 15 as is, and you're already ready for empowered monoliths at that point with enough 3-4lp leveling pieces. on my latest character, I didn't even bother getting all the passives and it's sitting at level 100 lol. I didn't bother getting any past the 2 you get before monoliths until 300 corruption. being insanely op on alts is already in the spirit of the game - just let me save the ~2-3 hours of grinding monoliths for bad blessings so I can go straight for the good ones.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

A Moose posted:

:sickos:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

anyone have any poison lich builds from this year? I found a video for one, but it doesn't seem very good and needs a lot of perfectly rolled exalteds. It seems like that build used to be good but got nerfed hard sometime last year.

There doesn't seem to be much else that Lich can do either.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 7, 2024

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

A Moose posted:

anyone have any poison lich builds from this year? I found a video for one, but it doesn't seem very good and needs a lot of perfectly rolled exalteds. It seems like that build used to be good but got nerfed hard sometime last year.

There doesn't seem to be much else that Lich can do either.

I really like shotgunning enemies with marrow shards. I get bored when I hit empowered monoliths since that's the number go up, no new functionality stage, so I don't know how it is at the late game but it is good at least until then.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

KPC_Mammon posted:

I really like shotgunning enemies with marrow shards. I get bored when I hit empowered monoliths since that's the number go up, no new functionality stage, so I don't know how it is at the late game but it is good at least until then.

Yeah, I'm at empowered monos now, and I'd like it if I could find a build with a high ceiling and maybe not as high a floor as bleed warlock. My damage seems ok for empowered monos, but I get knocked out of reaper form more than I would like, because death seal wore off

actually, where are you guys finding builds? I hear Last Epoch Tools is popular, but all their builds are youtube links so that's right out. Write something down and I'll read it but im not skipping through some nerd's video for text that's only on screen for a little bit.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 7, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

A Moose posted:

Yeah, I'm at empowered monos now, and I'd like it if I could find a build with a high ceiling and maybe not as high a floor as bleed warlock. My damage seems ok for empowered monos, but I get knocked out of reaper form more than I would like, because death seal wore off

This build is good but I find it kind of boring if you use the numlock trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAbcEFrNPI8

Beyond the first few seconds of a boss fight you just stand there and hold down frost claw and tap flame rush on CD, you can just ignore most mechanics due to fast ward generation. It's functional pretty early on with easy to find items, had no problems using this build as my first.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

This build is good but I find it kind of boring if you use the numlock trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAbcEFrNPI8

Beyond the first few seconds of a boss fight you just stand there and hold down frost claw and tap flame rush on CD, you can just ignore most mechanics due to fast ward generation. It's functional pretty early on with easy to find items, had no problems using this build as my first.

This is like the 4th time someone has suggested Runemaster lol, are "whatever was last buffed" the only good builds in this game? Like did they just nerf everything when they added warlock and runemaster and BIRD so people would play test the new masteries?

Everyone says Sorcerer doesn't do anything at all, spellblade doesn't scale very well, none of the primalist classes are very good, and BIRD is the only rogue class that scales. I guess necro can do stuff with one of the One Big Minion builds, but it sounds like there just aren't very many viable classes. People say Paladin is good but it sounds like the 1 skill holding it up is a pain to use and the rest of sentinel is pretty meh.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the community for this game is still relatively small. you arent going to have the breadth of available build guides like you would playing poe or d4. if you want to do something niche you might have to build it yourself.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

A Moose posted:

This is like the 4th time someone has suggested Runemaster lol, are "whatever was last buffed" the only good builds in this game? Like did they just nerf everything when they added warlock and runemaster and BIRD so people would play test the new masteries?

Everyone says Sorcerer doesn't do anything at all, spellblade doesn't scale very well, none of the primalist classes are very good, and BIRD is the only rogue class that scales. I guess necro can do stuff with one of the One Big Minion builds, but it sounds like there just aren't very many viable classes. People say Paladin is good but it sounds like the 1 skill holding it up is a pain to use and the rest of sentinel is pretty meh.

No idea, I only started playing a little after release, put in 60 hours or so and enjoyed it but now I'm back to PoE. Game has good bones but feels overly simplistic compared to PoE but then that's every ARPG compared to PoE.

I also tried this druid build and it wasn't too bad but it was definitely outclassed by the runemaster build above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWS_GwORVGc

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

You are tied into the class you pick, just go hog wild on the respecs till you get something enjoyable.

That's my process anyways. :shrug:

edit: i think i'm burnt out on PoE, it's me & LE till PoE 2 drops as far as arpgs go for now... with a possible diversion to Grim Dawn if it works out later this year.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 7, 2024

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

A Moose posted:

Huh? What paladin skill are you talking about? The healing hands rive build is like the most bog standard easy to play thing in the world. The original incarnation had Volatile Reversal which is a skill I don't like but mostly because it's kinda poo poo when mapping. On bosses it's fine since you just have to stand still for a couple of seconds before using it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive seen people complain about needing to recast the sigil thing on bosses since the auto-cast node only works on kills and not hits on rares/bosses.

you can also just not use the sigil thing if you want though

e: pretty sure they did at least 1 build for every mastery for 1.0 launch on maxroll. look what they did for lich there i guess.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Awesome! posted:

ive seen people complain about needing to recast the sigil thing on bosses since the auto-cast node only works on kills and not hits on rares/bosses.

you can also just not use the sigil thing if you want though

e: pretty sure they did at least 1 build for every mastery for 1.0 launch on maxroll. look what they did for lich there i guess.

Ah, I didn't find that too annoying, but I also switched to the bold that doesn't use it (or volatile reversal).

Edit: The maxroll builds seem dubious to me currently. Specifically what I mean by that is that I've used a couple builds from maxroll and they've been fine, but I don't see some of the more busted post-launch builds ranked yet. Like healing hands rive paladin or rax's nonsense trap build. That said, there is movement on the tier lists semi-recently so who knows.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

I'm not sure who 'everyone' is, because there are some very powerful sorcerer builds that can get deep into corruption. I've never played spellblade or primalist.

The main reason you see so many builds on the 'new' stuff is that build community is fairly small and most everyone who makes good builds has already done the other classes and so of course they are putting out guides for the new stuff right now. At least that's been my take on it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Failboattootoot posted:

Ah, I didn't find that too annoying, but I also switched to the bold that doesn't use it (or volatile reversal).

Edit: The maxroll builds seem dubious to me currently. Specifically what I mean by that is that I've used a couple builds from maxroll and they've been fine, but I don't see some of the more busted post-launch builds ranked yet. Like healing hands rive paladin or rax's nonsense trap build. That said, there is movement on the tier lists semi-recently so who knows.

Try also lastepochtools.com

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A Moose posted:

I have a level 96 Sentinel that uses neither Healing Hands nor Volatile Reversal. It'd probably do better with the latter, but I don't like using it. Is the build "viable"? Probably not, but it's entire job is to just use Void Cleaves to set up guaranteed crit Erasing Strikes and I find it really satisfying to just do this one-two combo to wipe packs of mobs from existence itself.

I feel like a major reason why people talk about "viable builds" and then only mention the latest toys is because they're talking about the build's ability to scale into a level of corruption I have simply never interacted with during the entire early access period. The other classes didn't get nerfed, they were just never intended to scale that high so they generally don't, but now that the game is released the competitive ARPG crowd is here asking what's the fastest to level, what's the easiest to gear, what's the best to scale, and the result is anything that doesn't excel at the highest level of all three is deemed 'not viable' for endgame, because the endgame is no longer just getting to level 100 by yourself, it's ladder placement against other people running top tier builds - and I think that's why the newer options perform better in that regard, because older classes and skills were largely designed for the non-competitive singleplayer game Last Epoch previously was.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

I have a level 96 Sentinel that uses neither Healing Hands nor Volatile Reversal. It'd probably do better with the latter, but I don't like using it. Is the build "viable"? Probably not, but it's entire job is to just use Void Cleaves to set up guaranteed crit Erasing Strikes and I find it really satisfying to just do this one-two combo to wipe packs of mobs from existence itself.

I feel like a major reason why people talk about "viable builds" and then only mention the latest toys is because they're talking about the build's ability to scale into a level of corruption I have simply never interacted with during the entire early access period. The other classes didn't get nerfed, they were just never intended to scale that high so they generally don't, but now that the game is released the competitive ARPG crowd is here asking what's the fastest to level, what's the easiest to gear, what's the best to scale, and the result is anything that doesn't excel at the highest level of all three is deemed 'not viable' for endgame, because the endgame is no longer just getting to level 100 by yourself, it's ladder placement against other people running top tier builds - and I think that's why the newer options perform better in that regard, because older classes and skills were largely designed for the non-competitive singleplayer game Last Epoch previously was.

The reason I care about builds scaling is that I don't want to hit a cap. I want to play a build for a cycle and basically continuously upgrade gear and get better at it, and theres a lot of builds that just top out at like, 300 corruption with absolutely perfect gear and that much corruption really doesn't take very long to hit. It sucks when you have a fun build, and then you just beat orobyss one too many times and whoops, now it doesn't work anymore. I mean, it would be different if it at least topped out at like, 500. That would take forever so it would be satisfying.

this is the lich guide i've been following. half the drat video is "watch me facetank this while standing still". Yeah, very impressive. You can kill stuff you're over-leveled for. cool. But how far does it go? Probably not a lot past 300. But it's the only updated poison lich guide I could find so I'm giving it a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_4gG0wjXLE

A Moose fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 8, 2024

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

A Moose posted:

We should be able to just skip from like, level 40 to 70.

I suspect the missing 3 acts are supposed to fill a lot of that void, but who knows when those are coming out.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

A Moose posted:

It's more that there are some older masteries which haven't gotten many changes recently, and the things that came out more recently tend to have more interesting and powerful synergies.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's just power creep. Newer things are stronger and cooler than older things. And because of the way the game was released in EA, a lot of the older masteries are just boring now.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Makes sense, idk why I expected them to do a balance pass before release. Is that at least planned for 1.1?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Druid is very good

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

HallelujahLee posted:

Druid is very good

I really enjoyed my perma-spriggan totem build, I just need to go back and give it more health and probably convert to low life/ward to make it more viable for higher corruption in monoliths.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I really enjoyed my perma-spriggan totem build, I just need to go back and give it more health and probably convert to low life/ward to make it more viable for higher corruption in monoliths.
I’m doing a bear cold build he’s basically unkillable so far

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is there any rune/glyph/method to re-roll an item so it stays the same base, with the same implicit, but just different affixes? The closest I've found is target farming that slot in CoF, but trying to get the correct base item, never mind with good affixes, is kind of a crapshoot.

Like it would be cool, even if they let you do it just once per item. Some of these implicits are super important to some builds. Like I just found out that Lich plays very differently once you hit 86 and can equip Eternal Gauntlets. You can KINDA replicate it with glyph of insight, but you need to know how the experimental affixes work, have to be able to generate the correct one, and then you're still probably getting a t3 affix which is like half of what the eternal implicit does.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Glyph of chaos for one affix at a time I think no? I don’t know of a way to reroll all of them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that was one weird thing to get used to with the crafting system. in poe if you gently caress up a craft you can always just scour and start again with your base item (unless you miss a fracture or some poo poo). in this game your item is just dead and you go find a new base.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I did feel the forging amount was often pretty restrictive.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Awesome! posted:

that was one weird thing to get used to with the crafting system. in poe if you gently caress up a craft you can always just scour and start again with your base item (unless you miss a fracture or some poo poo). in this game your item is just dead and you go find a new base.

A rune that destroys all the affixes on an item but adds a generous amount of forging potential back based on the levels of the affixes seems like something that could be interesting to add, but the game does not otherwise seem to want or expect you to be doing crafting from a blank item.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, I'm not even asking for the forging potential back, I just see a good item base and think "wow, I want literally none of these affixes, but only have 19 forging potential to work with" so I could re-roll it before doing anything else with it. Maybe it would only work before you've done any other crafting on the item. And it probably wouldn't work on exalted items, or it would make them non-exalted.

Odds are, I probably won't like the 2nd item roll either, but there's a chance that it's better. Maybe it has 1 affix I like, and I can reroll and see if I get 2 affixes, and 2 good affixes + the implicit I want could be good enough for now. It could be something rare like glyph of despair, or super ultra rare like that thing that copies an item and removes the forge potential.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Made my first legendary last night, 2LP wand of cinders for my 100% fire runemaster.

Transferred over +160% elemental damage & 99% fire damage :smugdog: Left that sorry-rear end +5 vitality at the door.

Still... this is tfw when you have an exalt to slam with 3 great affixes and one bunch of bullshit so you glyph of chaos the bullshit and OH YEAH it's something you wanted so you go to bump up the tier of everything else on there but you forget to take the glyph of chaos off because you're so used to there just automatically being a glyph of hope there and you upgrade the other three affixes and then you realize your fire damage wand with resists and mana is now a physical damage wand with freeze multiplier and healing effectiveness. Oh and just as you realize this you run out of forging potential on the wand so you just throw it on the ground and look disgusted with yourself.

One of those mistakes you make once, and only once. Glad I made it at level 85 with a 2LP for an alt and not... you know... later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Think this might be a good guide on damage for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5pm8TFrKo&t=184s