Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was able to play for a couple hours before the servers crapped themselves last night. I started as a Mage and was delighted to see that there seems to be a clear pathway towards a Telenova setup, the most superior of all builds. So far the available classes and specializations all seem to be well-designed and creative. Are there any missable skillpoints that are locked behind campaign sidequests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

queeb posted:

theres an abundant amount of sidequests with skillpoints but you dont need to do all of them, you max out so the rest are redundant

Clarste posted:

You can gain up to 15 extra skillpoints from quests, and there are far more than 15 quests that give skillpoints.

Wonderful. And are my ARPG instincts indeed correct that Telenova is both Good and Fun, supported with the appropriate endgame gear to match?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If I'm getting stuck on an infinite Connecting... screen, does that mean I'll get in eventually or should I just plan on doing something else for the time being?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I've noticed that the "Teleport resets if cast with Haste" rune does not work, or simply does not function as it is listed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

Holy cow the crafting and itemization in this game are so good. Blizzard should be straight up embarrassed with what D4 is in comparison.

Yeah it's kind of insane how much better thought out every element of the game is compared to something that probably cost like $250 million to make.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Once I get to the Monoliths, is there any real point with continuing the campaign? I stopped in the Temple of Majelka zone.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Can I assume that any effect that casts another learned ability inherits all the same damage modifiers + runes as the player?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I know this has probably been said a lot before, and I know a lot of people have already been playing LE for years by this point, but this game is pretty much my vision for what I wanted D4 to be. Which is basically just D3 with +Skills, but the devs 100% get it. They understand that the maximalism of one ability proccing 10 other abilities and 6 novas flying around the screen is, in fact, fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You have to actually complete the quest echoes, they're their own separate instance.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Am I right that there's no way to specifically reroll one affix on gear, you just have to use the remixing rune and hope it takes out the affix you want?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Oh, I see. I was a bit confused on that and thought it might reroll every affix on the item.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is there any item in the game or combination of items that will allow me to get Teleport down to 0 cooldown?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is spell penetration in this game like D2 -resists where every point is better than the last or is it like, "just nice to have."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I already ruined an item thanks to an errant Glyph of Chaos, I don’t like how the forge menu doesn’t reset when you exit the window.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When people are talking about Lagon being overtuned, do they mean the story or the monolith? Story Lagon took me a few tries but the monolith one is simply ridiculous for the level, I was clearing the 90s before finally killing him.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Can I assume that all uniques in the game can be found in the wild as long as you’re playing at the minimum level required for them to drop? Or are there certain tiers of legendaries that can only be found at the “empowered” tier of monoliths? Also when you crush an exalted item in the temporal forge, do any of its affixes matter?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It is pretty annoying how all the key dungeons will disconnect you from the server after 1 death when all the bosses have some kind of one-shot gimmick that you're probably not going to know about just going in blind. In general I feel like there are ~2 too many resistance types in this game, where you can spend the time assembling a decent set of one only to get instantly one-shot in the next area because whoops you didn't find any Papercut Resistance yet. I know this isn't a billion dollar game so I won't fault them too much but there are a lot of progression hiccups and walls when there should be a smoother curve all the way out to 100.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

They could really stand to tone down the laser focused one-shotting attacks at endgame. Going through the trouble of getting resistance capped should feel like it does something not give you 0.25 seconds to survive against blood asps instead of 0.15. I'm guessing it's probably way easier for minion builds.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

zoux posted:

Yeah I think it's a great idea to pull the best ideas from various ARPGs. I mean really the whole genre is a ripoff of Diablo, which itself is probably ripping off some '80s Commodore 64 game I've never heard of.

Diablo was originally conceived as an evolution of Rogue and Nethack so that's not too far off, really.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

When "ascending" a piece of gear, I'm assuming the chassis has to at least be the level of the item you are targeting?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I found a 15 Weave belt that started with Health % and Lightning Resist, then waisted its last 4 rolls on Minion Health. So the game is officially bad. But then I found the Elemental Nova hat, so the game was good again.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Who out there is carefully picking through the class correct shards instead of mindlessly hoovering them up like any self-respecting ARPG player.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm pretty impressed that I've absorbed absolutely nothing from the story, have no idea who we're killing or why. Who cares! Loot loot loot

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You know given that the campaign's main gimmick is switching between different eras and timelines, I'm surprised there is no dedicated Chronomancer class archetype. Maybe that's reserved for the expansion.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I feel like you should also be able to shatter uniques, even if you can't modify them otherwise. Maybe they can break down into some of rarer class shards.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

gnoma posted:

In today's patch notes (https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-patch-1-0-2-notes/66953) EHG gave their stance on fixing bugs mid-season:

Also, from a dev post on reddit:

It's a pretty wild take, imo. In order to not make players feel bad about their builds getting nerfed (by bug fixes) they are creating an environment where you get to choose between 40k eHP with max investment on a 2h Void Knight or millions of eHP with mild investment on a Profane Veil abusing Warlock. Like they think somehow that doesn't feel bad for the Void Knight player.

It's the correct approach.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't play a Warlock and don't give a poo poo that some of them are OP right now. If the game lasts long enough then Everyone Will Get a Turn eventually and I wouldn't want any theoretical future hilariously broken build to be stopped by the fun police, that's some D4 Dev mindset.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think most people would agree that having something that takes up inventory slots that you can't destroy or sell for even a pittance of gold is simply annoying. When Blizzard made potions disenchantable in D3 everyone rejoiced even though you only get one measly forgotten soul for it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think the current endgame as it exists conceptually is fine, there are just some frustrating things about it that could stand to be cleaned up. Nobody wants to lose a 10 minute dungeon run or arena to a single one shot attack from a boss, and nobody wants to collect keys for the privilege. If EHG can curb some of the ridiculous spikiness of some attacks and eliminate the need for keys then they already have some decent endgame variety.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I like it when ARPGs just let me move across the map entirely via button press, no clicking required.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Finally playing through the campaign and I just noticed the teleporting bears are named "Jahith Bear", that's cool

I can't believe I missed that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I started leveling a Falconer this morning and, lol.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This is why public/beta test realms are a good idea in any major ARPG with frequent content updates. There are so many interlocking systems that bugged interactions like these are clearly going to happen a lot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I once managed to dupe a pair of 18 weave gloves just by vendoring and attempting to buy back when the servers were really laggy. I didn't attempt to replicate it but if even I can dupe items in this game thousands of others have likely figured it out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't really like superbosses as an endgame concept, the most fun part of any ARPG is mindlessly blowing up entire screens of enemies for phat loot not carefully avoiding laser traps for a slightly statistically higher chance at phat loot. D3 had the right idea with Greater Rifts, churn through randomized hordes of enemies in a zenlike state then at the end fight a dude for all your winnings.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

wait what's the benefit of shattering something based on its implicits?

You get the crafting shards for them and some of the skill-specific mods are really rare to find out in the wild.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Do transferred affixes from LP always go in listed order or is it random?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

They should have a shrine you can clear to temporarily unfuck your resistances similar to the one that lets you remove corruption.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Falconer is so good, it kind of makes all the time I spent gearing up my Runemaster to have been totally pointless. I read lots of posts about it but nobody told me it wasn't a boring ranged bow build, it's actually Tal Rasha Meteors from D3 except it's your bird divebombing and flaying everything onscreen. Just found a decent Talons of Valor with 2LP and a very nice exalted helm with Dive Bomb + Dex affixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Found a 3LP Ribbons of Blood and got the exact three affixes I needed. :rock: