Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Went Falconer as my first and it's been a blast playing. Only 40hours into it and it doesn't get boring having him just slam into 40 enemies nuking them all.

I'm only on my 5th monolith and I'm still just breezing through them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tonetta posted:

just hit rank 10 in cof, def worth

e: I only picked up the 2lp items or better lmao this is wild

Its beautiful!

I just hit 5 after maybe 12 hours? Hard to tell exactly when I started.

How long do you think it took to get to 10?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just unlocked empowered monos and woo boy that's a bit of a ramp up.
This some good poo poo.

Need to pay more attention to the modifiers instead of reward.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mailer posted:

The most help you're going to get from someone else's filter is looking through the filter itself and learning what affixes are rare/valuable. Creating a filter is extremely easy, but knowing what you want to filter is a bit more reading. It also ties into the crafting system, since filtering for the perfect stats means you'll never see loot that could have been crafted into a really good item. The upside to that learning curve is once it's done then every drop (well, almost, since you can't filter uniques by LP) is worth your time to check.

Yea, I was having the same trouble with mine. I mainly switched from being very specific to more general.
Like I need 'Dexterous Sealed Turquoise Ring of Life' ring for my falconer. I select 'sealed turquoise', exalted, and maybe 1 or 2 other affixes but without limiting the values of those.
I have it set up for each gear in slot I want so I hope I don't miss them.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Does the 5 mean I need 5 kills to complete it once?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really wish one could organize prophecies that you selected instead of just being in order of when you bought it.

Have to keep track of them in excel so I can tell which monolith I have most in to focus on at times.

vvv speak it! I was only doing corruption 125 and it took me a solid 50 tries on my falconer.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 12, 2024

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

A Moose posted:

I just buy a shitload of prophecies and then erase all traces of it from my mind, so its a fun surprise when I do random stuff, and I get surprised by the sudden pile of uniques/exalteds and die to some long range nuke from 2 screens away!

Yea, I'm not overly bothered by it just when I select new ones I try to be a bit efficient in my runs.
If I already have 2 for Black Sun, might as well grab a 3rd or 4th since I'm going to do that run.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh that's why none of my kills ever count toward prophecies. Figured it was just bugged

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Did my first slam and I'm beyond happy mainly cause I normally have poo poo luck with stuff like this

Ta Da!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tonetta posted:

it's their first game, their launch was fine for a company's first game. I can think of much larger companies with much shittier launches with smaller playerbases

I remember waiting a few days if not week+ trying to get into D3 with my group of friends during the Error 37 issue.

I think I've had 3 disconnects? And luckily they haven't been in any major fight that screwed me up. Online play has been fine for me

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

BulletHole posted:

I've got a falconer up to the high 80s and I've been enjoying it but I find I need to be really on to do well - slowing down or being sloppy can turn fatal very fast, even against trash. I'm thinking of leveling an alt. Can anyone recommend a good build that can still be capable when the player is feeling old dumb and slow?

As a falconer, I agree. I zone out after a while cause I'm just nuking everything there is and not having any difficulty. And as the web gets further and further out eventually I just die over and over cause I'm not paying attention that I pulled 50 mobs to me.

I really wish there were more settings for the visuals. It's really challenging to know what is exactly on my screen to when I got bombs, falcons and poo poo all over the ground.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm about 100k away form COF 9 on my Falconer.
They need to allow a even more specific focus to hunt gear. It's still to general.
Like, I love having prophecies to go for and not just grinding a zone for money. It keeps me interest lot more having 'quests' to complete over and over.

I just started a Lich necro (hope to play that zombie build from the other page).
Luckily i have some gear I was able to use but I went MG this time as the specific gear I know i'll never get grinding away.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone with more knowledge can correct me (i'm just using the auction house filters to base this on)

I don't think what you want makes any sense in game.

The 3 gear slots (helm, body, relic) that are have class specific gear do not have 'no class req' gear at all. The drop is going to be a class specific item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yea that's another limit of the loot filter. You can't 'twin' multiple affixes together in a single rule.
For example I only want health/health regen, or vit/health on gear. It's going to grab 2 of the 4 affixes in any combo.

So if you want a specific pairing of 2 affixes, you need to create rules for each pairing you want