Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

The Locator posted:

Well, shatter doesn't work like that. You get a random number of shards back even on a single prefix. I have a loot filter setup for Hybrid Health and if at all possible I'll rune of removal to get those hybrid shards, but sometimes you hit it wrong and leave nothing but the hybrid health with no forging potential left so you have to shatter it. Say it's a T5 Hybrid.. you can get 1 shard, 5 shards or anything in between on the shatter, and with the sword you'd end up with only that one affix.

I think the idea was to shatter a sword with one affix to get that affix, then shatter another sword with one affix to get a second affix. And just work on it one affix/sword at a time.

Are you saying that every shatter, regardless of affix count, completely overwrites the previous one instead of adding to it? The description makes it sound like the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU