Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

explosivo posted:

Digging the werebear swipe build right now but I'm not totally sure if I'm supposed to be switching in and out of bear form to do maelstrom? I'm working on a node now that gives a chance to proc maelstrom on swipes/maul (in bear form) so I guess I'm stacking as many maelstrom as I can before going bear form then rushing in to clean up while mauling on CD for extra stacks of maelstrom?

Edit: Ah, yeah looks like that is generally what I want to be doing. The Ursine Storm node gives eventually a 32% chance to proc on maul in bear form so looks like I've about got the idea.

Edit 2: oh duh I just realized that Swipe is the basic attack in bear form as well so I'm getting chances of maelstrom on basic attacks in werebear form too.

Roar inherits War Cry’s skill tree too! That’s another 4 stacks whenever you pop it in bear form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Please Read Your Tooltips

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Noper Q posted:

Does anyone know of good ways to help a mana-hungry Paladin? I'm having fun with Hand of Judgement, but even going slightly into the top-right of the tree is leaving me out of mana on a regular basis. I'm already using Rive and Rebuke with their mana assistance nodes, and "more mana regen" isn't the answer, because I can still run out with a Water Shrine active.

The void knight skill Volatile Reversal can help with mana sustain—it’s a time travel fuckery ability that resets your position, health, and mana to where they were X seconds ago, so you can dump your mana pool quickly and then jump backward to when you had a full pool

e: because this is something the game doesn’t make clear: even as, say, paladin, you can still put points in the first half of the other 2 mastery trees and unlock up to their first 2 mastery skills. Volatile Reversal only takes 5 points into the VK tree

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The most insane lootspolosions are in the dungeons, if you haven’t started using your keys

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

yeah, the fact that you aren’t going from one end of the map to another in 30seconds and that you can fully realize a build while levelling and hitting early monoliths/only need to go deep into endgame for your own challenge instead of having to blitz through the campaign and grind for a week before the game ACTUALLY begins are, like, huge plusses for me

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Oddly enough, the shapeshifting bug seems to effect characters in the campaign but goes away in monoliths. Something with how maps are loaded, i guess

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Kith posted:

you're ignoring a pretty important part prior to the "or"

these complaints are not just about things that would be "nice to have", they are also about how the game stops providing an incentive to continue playing unless you're really into treadmills. also it doesn't count because

A) it's not in the game yet, so therefore is not real (yet)
B) none of the systems will address the other gear/drop issues players have brought up unless the devs are keeping large amounts of details secret (which they have not done in the past and have no reason to start)

i will not be doing that because i do not care enough to go trawling through the forums. claim victory over this point if you want, there are still a ton of dead-end builds with no endgame viability and confirmed lack of plans to empower them

i agree that it has a ton of potential but i also agree that it suffers from those issues and am not confident that the developers will be able to navigate that given their previous statements

lol

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

zoux posted:

Patch Notes 1.01

-tightened falcon gyre
-falcon can now hear the falconer

:five:

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

What are these fancy blue colored items?

Special drops from Exiled Mages - those glowy caged dudes. They have a unique pool of experimental affixes that tend to be weird or niche but can be powerful on the right builds.

The cool thing is that the experimental affixes do function like normal ones for crafting and stuff—you can get exalted versions of the items and slam them onto legendaries etc

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

A Moose posted:

Played a bunch this weekend and hit 62, I FINALLY have enough mana to run double fissure, 3/3 bolt spam, from getting 2 good sapphire rings and adding mana to a couple things, bringing me up to 320 mana and 21/sec regen. I didn't actually realize that you could go into the first half of other mastery trees, so I put 5 points into the Lich mana regen skill and that made it feel a lot better and I can drop Fissures at will, instead of dropping 1, and then having to go and kite enemies back to it after it kills everything around it.

Did my first monolith too, and managed to skip the rewards. For some reason I just assumed that it stored up all the rewards and opening that big glowy chest would end the run. Honestly not sure why I assumed that, but I did a bunch of echoes, did the 3 quest echoes, and then it just... ended? Oops. At least it was just the tutorial one.

How many echoes do people usually do, is there a max number of nodes, or is it just "go until you can't anymore"?

Once you get far enough away from the starting point in any given mono you’ll see two unique nodes: one that tells you it will reset the map, and one that holds an Oroboyss void dude bossfight, that has unique loot and also resets the mono but at a higher corruption level which ups the difficulty. Both will let you do the quest echoes again and farm the unique boss.

At your level most people will just move onto the next, higher level mono after doing the three quests, as you want to unlock empowered monoliths by clearing the highest level ones, as those are all scaled to max level and you can target farm a lot more efficiently and get more loot etc

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Infinite gold bug went public today so essentially anything on MG is going to insta-sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It is funny to imagine the people who buy gold w real money from third party farmers looking down as the coins turn into leaves and acorns in their hands then blow away in the wind while, in the distance, a mischievous elf disappears beyond the treeline