Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

queeb posted:

My prediction, 10k peak players

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

off by an order of magnitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Hey please stop the slapfight about the campaign, it’s an interesting design decision for any arpg and worth talking about how to handle it well but the current discourse is unproductive.

:thanks:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Made it to 25 and went warlock after seeing a fun looking video of someone spamming Chthonic Fissure and destroying everything. Was initially thinking lich but it looked slower and more effort.

Game seems fun thus far, playing offline. Starting to get the affixes and how crafting works. I did snag a loot filter from maxroll but I'm trying to not overly depend on a guide. Just need to get everything autocasting from my spooky gash.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

The plot seems very bleh but it’s an arpg so whatever. This may also be partly my fault because I’m playing with the sound off while watching The Sopranos.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

downloaded the hotfix now the game crashes on load every time with a unity error window

looks like this issue has been around for a long time in some form or another

deleting the exe file and verifying files via steam seem to have fixed it

e: oops nope crashing again

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 3, 2024

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Monolith lagon dead at 71 in two attempts because I was watching Netflix and died to the one shot attack. Warlock now has 324 mana and the chthonic fissure is being spammed effectively. Will need to look at the endgame torment/bleed options soon but a variant of the leveling build has been working fine thus far. Found some fun uniques that might not be optimal but enjoying seeing new shiny loot.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Jack Trades posted:

Negative mana mechanic is cool and good and I'm glad that devs are focused on making a fun game.

Same. I was very surprised when it first happened but then realized it opened up a lot of neat options.

I’m glad there’s a loot filter here but I’m in :effort: mode these days and have been slumming it with a maxroll one. Figured mine wouldn’t be better than the nolife streamers or folks who played a lot before 1.0

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I met a bunch of cool big creatures during the campaign but I think all of them died? :rip:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

offline warlocks stay winning

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Mailer posted:

It goes through walls, up/down elevation, right through sections of the map separated by a thin wall that you have to go miles around, and if you angle it right bypasses dungeon roadblocks. It absolutely tears through Soulfire.

It is great in soulfire although I did end up floating over the lava once when I messed up zipping around a barrier.

Kaddish posted:

I'm going to respec to Passage and see how I like it. Does it replace Transplant?

Yup, I'm using passage and ghostflame as my "gotta go fast" skills these days with torment warlock at 85ish.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I had my mana situation on lockdown but now trying to pump necrotic resistance for torment I had to give up some of my +mana +regen gear

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Vulpes posted:

EHG finally saw reason and is fixing the Profane Veil bug. And something in Runemaster that means nothing to me.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/upcoming-bugfixes-to-overperforming-builds/68088

gently caress gently caress I need to find decent gear before this drops lol

when is this happening?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Ghostlight posted:

loving yes, I am going to be so powerful now

I got the big sword that turns cthonic fissure into a flame whip machine. Maybe I’ll test that out when I get bored of torment.

I want that mad ladle!!!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

downloaded a small patch and now i'm naked but i still have all my gear??

just found a bug post in their forums about this from March 2023 lol

e: now portals are invisible and can't click them as well

e2: verifying files through steam fixed this, redownloaded four things that got messed up

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 14, 2024

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

my dumbass falls asleep while playing sometimes, no HC for me

(note: this is not the game's fault for being boring but my baby's fault for being a baby)

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

euphronius posted:

cthonic fissure is an amazing button to press.

it’s true

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Ghostlight posted:

The SSF faction is also for offline players who can't access the market regardless and so do in fact need options to keep up with trading players.

Yeah this has been nice. I started offline because of the launch issues and so I can pause and walk away whenever, wasn’t trying to impose more of a challenge. I’ll probably do online and the bazaar with the first season.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

A Moose posted:

Also I learned that if the condition of a prophecy just says "Monolith" that specifically means non-empowered apparently.

:wtc:

I'll admit I kind of forgot about prophecies for a bit but that's probably why a bunch of mine never triggered...

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

realized i had one of those wraithlord helmets so i started leveling a necro. feels fun running around with all the bone bros and a mess of low level uniques + the pebbles set. Hit 40 today, will try to get to 65 soon so i can start wraithing and lording.

idk if i'm going to push corruption much at endgame but there's a lot to this game that i really like. excited to see where it goes and maybe keep messing with alts. i thought of falconer but might do runemaster instead. i've always loved whizzards and magic weirdos.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

lol just put it on the cloud

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:ccp:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i was fine with cof until i wanted to use a build that needs a specific boss drop from a dungeon and now i'm mad

i do have tons of uniques for alts though :toot:

also i finally got a mad ladle so i can spoon skeletons to death

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I cannot get an exsanguinous but I’m swimming in those drat boots :argh:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Tonetta posted:

you're on cof right? just spam unique chest prophecies. you'll get a 2lp pretty quick & a 1lp pretty much immediately

I have so many boots because I keep running those and doing that mono boss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Mover posted:

Infinite gold bug went public today so essentially anything on MG is going to insta-sell

Guess I won’t complain about cof anymore lol

The Reddit comments make it sound like the entire economy is turbofucked