Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

How does the offline play hold up?

I'm a sucker for lots of alts plus POE type ssf is my preferred playstyle. :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Eh, it took PoE years to finish their campaign.

Yep, we had years of repeating the same three acts three times over. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

gnoma posted:

...courtesy of Marvel Heroes legend Tony Bing...

Cripes! That's a name i had totally forgotten. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

If i buy the game (see next months finances) i'll be playing offline and relying on Prophecies forever. :D

Refused to trade in POE but relying on ssf can be crippling there.

Never played D4 but LE potentially looks like a nice upgrade from Grim Dawn for me. :D

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Which has a cooler / better presented storyline?

e; Disclaimer I cannot for the life of me get into Grim Yawn :imunfunny:

GD is much more sedate & i like it. :razzy:

Wish i had bought LE instead of Wolcen (Umbra) back in the day. :shrug:

Thankfully i seem to have missed every single Diablo game released, much more money saved.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Saxophone posted:

Honestly I seldom if ever play with folks, though there’s something about having a chat window open that, even though I’m playing SSF, makes it feel less lonely? I almost exclusively play alone but yeah.

The less lonely bit i understand.

For me that's when i fire up Twitch and have let a game relevant streamer do their thing as i play the game.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nearly bought the game yesterday, but Wolcen traumatised me too much. :stare:

In a week or two.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

xZAOx posted:

If you want to play offline, there's not really even a ton to worry about.

It's going to be exclusively offline for me, even with online games i'm SSF/non trade. :D

Hope they have as few hiccups as possible, i think they are Texas based so they should have access to decent servers & lines.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

YerDa Zabam posted:

As someone who still suffers from post traumatic wolcen symptoms I can assure you that this game is in a totally different league.
I'm trying not to think about how disappointing D4 has been
Zero regrets buying this as someone who has dipped in over the years.
Absolutely nothing wrong with waiting a of course

Never did the Diablo thing, POE was my start along with Titan Quest and Grim Dawn.

Wolcen was a waste of £15... i seem to be a sucker for convoluted skill trees and Diablo never had that.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Pohx (POE Twitch streamer) is currently streaming offline as he converts a Paladin into a Righteous Fire Juggernaut, the lad is committed to the RF playstyle no matter the game. :magical:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Game bought and currently downloading.

As i follow Pohx from POE i'll be trying to copy his Paladin Judgement build for a first go.

I prefer off line play so if it's stable-ish under linux i'll be happy.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the time jumping. :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Running well under Nobara Linux (Steam; Proton Experimental), Offline Mode. :D

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

:birdthunk: But what if we could play Offline? :birdthunk:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nice game so far, fully offline is normal for me if available. :D

Just farting around with different classes atm.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

bio347 posted:

Being at character select is running my GPU at 100%, even when alt-tabbed. I really don't appreciate that. It's 2024, games shouldn't still be doing this.

Got that one myself, what the hell is causing that cause my gpu tends to crash & burn when exposed to that crap for a duration.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Not having a finished campaign at launch does feel a little weird to me, so if people bought it expecting a complete campaign I get why they're annoyed. It's not a dealbreaker for me, but it does make calling it 1.0 feel pretty arbitrary.

They need to repeat the existing three times with reduced resistances each time... just like they used to in the good old days. :corsair:

POE had three acts and by god we repeated them like mad. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zoux posted:

Use it now on a weapon.

Assuming it doesn't make a weapon you can't use for another twenty levels. :negative:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I've got a perfectly enjoyable offline game for £29.50... if it was only online i would be pissed about it atm but new online games going to poo poo at the start is now the norm. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rebind Alt-Z (toggle loot) to another key, went through three zones wondering :wtf: glitch was causing it. :argh:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I thought i wouldn't have access to COF when i was fully offline, nice bonus if that's available then. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

To quote The Wire: "It's all in the game".

There are other games if this one doesn't meet their needs.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

I'm trying to follow this maxroll shaman totem build but I'm not sure I understand. It's a shitload of button presses just to clear trash. Summon crows, summon 3 totems which only last a few seconds, switch to spriggarn, push a few more things, maybe summon a healing totem?

Is there a better shaman build that's more straightforward and I can just blast through poo poo on the screen without endlessly summoning poo poo that either dies or does underwhelming damage?

edit: There is an upgrade to spriggarn form that makes the healing totems shoot thorns. Now it makes a little more sense, will continue with this guide for a bit

BalorMage on Twitch has been doing a Shaman Totem build https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/WQJmpNbA he said it is less button pressing than Maxroll, not done this one myself yet but he's been playing variants of it over the years.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Mailer posted:

My 5600x/3080 system is a little old now but it generally handles anything thrown at it. Not monoliths, though. I think literal slideshows move faster than my framerate when there's a hundred corpses piling up and all the effects going off.

That might not bode well for my 3700x/5700xt then. :ughh:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Deformed Church posted:

I've got the same as you and it works well enough so you're probably good.

Good to know. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

It's a lovely game to play (fully offline here) and i desperately needed a change from POE, think i'll be running with it for a few months. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Can't find my offline character saves on Linux, no point on doing more progress there until i can find & create backups. :rolleyes:

Decided to try online play, everything seems to be working good. :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

After playing poe for nine years i think i prefer this one. :kiddo:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Philthy posted:

AH, thanks everyone. I'll dig into the crafting a bit more. I did create some filters already and I love that it's there. But tweaking them down to affixes I want sounds like the best way right now over rarity until I get a handle on everything a bit more. Cool. If the end game is better than Diablo 4, then this looks like a good addition to the genre. I bounce between all of these games and enjoy them all for the most part. Have the devs mentioned how they'd like to style their seasons and new content yet? Will they be keeping it in the following seasons like PoE, or tuck it away to be brought back when they run out of ideas like D4?

Perry the Pig did a 12min vid on doing a basic filter setup from scratch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNI5aXSxis8 i had to pause it a lot :corsair: but it worked out nicely.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Found out where my offline character saves are on linux so i can go back to playing offline (i like having backups if i switch distro). :kiddo:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Reoxygenation posted:

Wait if you launch through steam how is this an issue? Stuff is synced, no? Unless you play with Steam offline and I'm missing something?

edit: i might have misread that, i don't save to the Cloud and LE has a fully offline mode.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 2, 2024

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

zoux posted:

Speaking of the passive tree, it seems to take a little inspiration from Grim Dawn.

Passive tree & Arenas(Crucible) are two i can think of, both of which i like. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Any recommended tips for graphics settings? This game runs...not great once I got to monoliths. I have a 3080 and 5800x, and 32gb of RAM at 1440p. I turned things down to medium preset and on some maps it still will go down to the 40s in fps. I don't really have this issue on any other game so I'm guessing it's just "poorly optimized"?

On general principles i disable all shadows & postprocessing wherever i see it in graphics settings and lower antialiasing, turn them back up till you feel good about it.

edit: see above for more info. ^^^

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The Locator posted:

As an offline only player I love this approach. What other people are doing with their builds has exactly zero impact on my enjoyment of the game. I was never on the top of the power curve on PoE, but I got hundreds of hours of fun out of it. LE is the same - I'm always behind the curve and will never farm all the 'perfect' gear to achieve what some of these crazy streamers do, but as long as my build is viable and I have fun until I get the itch to reroll, I don't care!

Ditto, big time. :thumbsup:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fknlo posted:

So they nerfed selling arena keys for gold too? I hadn't really done that yet, but making gold for stash tabs isn't exactly great, especially on a warlock where you're way ahead of where the gold is dropping.

I'm fully offline so i just played about with my saves to give me lots of gold, paid enough real life money to PoE for stash tabs... this time i'm getting what i want. :colbert:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

...It's pretty good and there is huge capacity for growth. I think I like it more than POE now (though I have played POE for 10 years or whatever).

Ditto, 10 years as well, POE is on pause...upcoming new season or not.

LE is easier to work with than POE and faster than Grim Dawn so i think i'm set for the next few months at least and if it settles down it'll be my new main arpg. :)

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

LibrarianCroaker posted:

EHG has been pretty firmly against respeccing masteries. To paraphrase a bit, they believe your mastery is at the same level of importance as your class choice, and no one asks to switch their character from an acolyte to a primalist or w/e.

Same as Grim Dawn, make your choice and roll with it or make an alt. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Happily leveling with a new Totem Shaman without any real plan, just wandering around spamming murderous little thorn turrets all over the place. :D

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

Absolutely stupid question but is there any way to change tooltips on hover? There are so many times when UI is a pain in the rear end because there's a giant loving tooltip in the way.

I would also like to know this, damned annoying. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I love it when he says that after incinerating a horde of beetles.

Also, he is not a man of many pockets.

Is that the same Allie that got banned from Twitch last year for stealing other players gear?