Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
There's a cosmetic pet you get for buying any version before 1.0 releases.

Other than that, since the first 'season' content is going directly into eternal, you could do the campaign and be directly at the new stuff when 1.0 launches instead of leveling first (unless you wanted to play falconer or warlock).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Fortune. You can still give items to players in the same party when they drop, and you find things that let you gift items to people you've played with a lot that they weren't in the party for.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

mcvey posted:

Has there been any talk of any kind of 'clan system' or whatever the hell for launch? Would be nice to have some kind of in-game organization tools.

They've said guilds/clans won't be 1.0.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
every character. You can duck out early even on your first, but you still need your idol slots and passive points from sidequests.

they've said you need to get to like, act 9 on a character to unlock the merchant's guild and circle of fortune, but after that they'll show up earlier in the campaign for alts.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
darth microtransaction's doing an interview with ehg mike now, mike mentioned that pinnacle bosses are supposed to be coming in 1.1

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Pharnakes posted:

Anyone got any paticular recomendations for a build that can cover the screen in ice effects? I just really like ice effects after a glacial miner in PoE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGlezU-qQz8

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

InventorOfTrees posted:

actually offline also doesn't allow you to use MTX, which is probably currently some dumb authentication limitation, but it is a legitimate downside

since offline doesn't talk to the servers they can't authenticate that you actually own the MTX cosmetics they want to make money off.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

it's nothing to do with talking to the servers because the regular offline mode talks to the servers, it's only the true offline that doesn't; and neither offline mode can use cosmetics.

That is quite literally the reason they have given in interviews as to why MTX are not available in offline modes.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

zoux posted:

You get access to all the CoF stuff even if you are hard offline, right

Yes.

Sab669 posted:

Speaking of finally joining the COF, I need to "Gain a prophecy from an Observatory telescope" but no matter which direction I pan any of these in, I don't see poo poo? Do I need more Favor first?

I had to relog before anything would show up in the telescopes.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

How do you get your dodge high enough to rely on it anyway? The most I've gotten is like 30% with all the dodge passives, which didn't seem reliable enough to be relevant and it only got worse in higher level areas, so I switched them all out. Like, dodge is already fundamentally unreliable in a game like this, but LOW dodge is just completely worthless. Do I need to be stacking dodge on all my gear to get any value out of it at all?

You need to get to like, 2000 dodge rating to have a 50% dodge chance. For endgame people usually just take the glancing blow conversion in blade dancer or Foot of the Mountain to turn it into endurance threshold if they touch it at all.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Druid really does feel awful to level right up until Swarmblade form.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
They should put weaver's will on set items, maybe I'd actually look at any of them then.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Been following the maxroll build for dive bomb falconer and not really seeing why it takes aerial assault instead of shift, will I mess up on some obvious synergy that I'm not seeing if I go with shift instead?

Aerial assault both reduces the cooldown of divebomb (Coordinated Assault node) and buffs its damage (Terrorwings). The cooldown is probably more important than the damage.

I don't know what the maxroll guide says anymore, i looked at it and Allie's and thought Allie's was better tbh.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Dreissi posted:

Anyone got advice for starting out as a HC mode acolyte? What I would really like is a way to generate ward early, but that doesn’t seem possible outside a fairly crappy passive.

Thoughts on masteries? Lich looks good but I could use elemental damage life leach with a warlock I guess?

All of the acolyte masteries are pretty good tbh, Warlock is the most overtuned and the one that people are making like 70k ward on in endgame.

I spec bone golem before unlocking the mastery because it's really tanky and good at attracting enemy attention.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

A Moose posted:

I do have some questions about afflictions. The guide says I want "chance to apply Damned on hit" since it'll get converted to Bleed, so wouldn't it just be better to have bleed in that slot?

Chance to apply damned on hit is a prefix that goes on helmets/chests - 77% is the max t5 roll. It competes with the shared you+minion chance to bleed on hit - 45% is the max t5 roll.
The other chance to bleed on hit is a suffix that only goes on melee weapons.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Some things are supposed to be one shots regardless of how tanky your character is - telegraphs like Julra's clock, Lagon's moonblast, etc.

Other things aren't really supposed to be one-shotting characters unless your defenses aren't up to date, or you're pushing real high corruption #s.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Xerophyte posted:

* Easy trick is null and void if pesky telegraph is secretly a dot and not a hit, which I believe is the case for at least some of Lagon's blasts. Let's you stand in big boss windups surprisingly often, though.

Yeah I was real surprised when Lagon blasted me through profane veil without one of the eye sweep attacks.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Its pretty solid, I'm deathless since switching and mulching through the T90 monoliths. The only issue is clear feels really bad when Death Seal is down. Hungering Soul does great burst to big guys and bosses but Rip Blood is just very weak and takes multiple clicks to clear popcorn mobs. Am I missing something?

You're not, rip blood is mostly there for the spell damage buff. The build is one of those where you want to grab a bunch of enemies, hit death seal to kill them all, and then go around grabbing more more while it's on CD.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Any helmet is fine. Let me tell you about all the primalist relics I got trying to fish up an acolyte weaver's...

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Has EHG stated why masteries are locked in and if that is ever going to change? I don't know why they don't just make it so you have to respec points out of the mastery down to below the threshold and then allow you to change it.

EHG has been pretty firmly against respeccing masteries. To paraphrase a bit, they believe your mastery is at the same level of importance as your class choice, and no one asks to switch their character from an acolyte to a primalist or w/e.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

Two dumb questions - I'm level 81 with my spellblade and just started running empowered monos. If I hit the right maps I can usually cruise pretty easy but I definitely run into a few where it either takes me a bit to kill stuff - like 5-6 seconds to burn down an uncommon and maybe 10-12 to kill certain elites vs pretty much instantly trashing everything including mages in normal mono. I'm definitely dying more if I'm not careful, too, especially if I don't pay enough attention to stacked up affliction attacks. My gear isn't flat out terrible, but somewhat mid, and there are a few pieces I definitely need to improve, like my relic. Is this a pretty normal state of things for starting Empowereds?

2nd q - I want to start throwing some exalted gear into twink uniques so I can start some alts; I'm assuming LP2 stuff is probably good enough if I get the right rolls in. Should I just aim to farm for them in empowereds, or is easy mode farming in normal better?

Yes, empowered monoliths are a big step up from normal monoliths.

Stick in empowereds if you can. better drop rates, and you get more favor to throw at prophecies/the bazaar.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Awesome! posted:

im curious why peak of the mountain seems to be the endgame helmet in this warlock build. i thought it might be the "cant leech on crits" part so you stay on low life but i already take a passive node that converts life leech into damage. so im just getting some crit and 5 stats from it?

It's the big crit stat for the spirit plague node that spreads on crit. You could definitely switch it for an exalted helmet without losing too much.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, any alt I make will be able to run monoliths as soon as I get to the end of time, right? I'd be completely under-levelled and under-geared, In order to alleviate this I can just craft some twink gear on my main? Also, those 'dungeon skips' in the campaign require my alt to use a key I've collected previously to run through the dungeon and come out the other side, or once I run a dungeon in any character on a given cycle that shortcut 'stays open'?

Yes, you can do monos as soon as you get to the end of time (you can do this on your first character too). Some builds can handle it better than others, but legendaries help a lot.

Yes, you need a set of keys to do the dungeon skip. You also need to reach the dungeon's waypoint on your alt character, it won't unlock just by clicking the key.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

WTF BEES posted:

So I was fighting the empowered monolith Lagon and I noticed you can just stay on the stairs and plink away at the tentacle and avoid being on the platform in front of him for basically the entire fight, and then when he dies a big tentacle falls on the stairs. Is that tentacle always supposed to be there keeping you from camping on the stairs? Because the last few times I've run him I've just chilled on the stairs and basically ignored 90% of the mechanics of the fight.

tentacles fall to block you in to the upper floor in story Lagon, and pre-1.0 they used to fall and lock you in for monolith Lagon as well. but it wouldn't be the only thing made easier in 1.0 so i dunno if it's a bug or just a nerf.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
exploding ballista bugfix coming. It wasn't supposed to hit as much of the screen as it does.

quote:

With 4 points in Armed Construction and no other sources of increased area:

50 Dexterity
Before the fix: 8.1 radius
After the fix: 4.67 radius

100 Dexterity
Before the fix: 13.5 radius
After the fix: 6.037 radius

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

The Locator posted:

I wish there was a way to Loot-Filter idols by 'affix', but I can't seem to do it, so I have to mouse over every single idol looking for the health ones that I want. Next to impossible to find ones that have both affixes that I want.

You can, the affixes for Idols are all in their own category though.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Does it matter if my echoes contain an incomplete path?

No. You used to choose which monolith you unlocked next as part of the story quests in the mono, but now in 1.0 you just unlock everything that monolith links to by clearing it once.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Skill tree nodes, Lava Talon is converting Frost Claw to Fire, Energy Equivalence + Snowballing converts Flame Rush to Ice.

So Immutable Order sees the skill bar as Ice, Fire, Ice in all of those setups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

A Moose posted:

This is like the 4th time someone has suggested Runemaster lol, are "whatever was last buffed" the only good builds in this game? Like did they just nerf everything when they added warlock and runemaster and BIRD so people would play test the new masteries?

Everyone says Sorcerer doesn't do anything at all, spellblade doesn't scale very well, none of the primalist classes are very good, and BIRD is the only rogue class that scales. I guess necro can do stuff with one of the One Big Minion builds, but it sounds like there just aren't very many viable classes. People say Paladin is good but it sounds like the 1 skill holding it up is a pain to use and the rest of sentinel is pretty meh.

It's more that there are some older masteries which haven't gotten many changes recently, and the things that came out more recently tend to have more interesting and powerful synergies.