Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Sorry if this is a repeated question, how is the multiplayer stability? I am having trouble telling if it's fixed or not from the recent Steam reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
maxroll.gg has info on this game and build guides w/loot filters. In case you guys are like me and too stupid to figure out builds yourself.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I am curious what you want out of an end game. The main ARPG's I've played are Diablo 2 and 3. I think 2's is awful and D3's is alright. Last Epoch's seems fine to me so far. There's specific stuff to grind but not a strict level's go up thing like with D3.

What kind of set up are you looking for in an ideal endgame?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You can think of them as having unique stats that other items can't roll.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why is having a limited amount of shatter runes for sale a thing. What purpose does that serve?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There is so much empty space at the vendor. They could at least guarantee 5 per visit or something. Instead of sometimes getting 0.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I got a Shadow Dagger Bladedancer to 80 ish and started empowered stuff. The rate of getting items in this game feels a lot worse than Diablo. At least for this build. I need a Wings of Argentus and that's such a slog to get to. I also have no idea how much corruption I should try to get in order to get a better shot at it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Suprfli6 posted:

You want as much corruption as you can handle basically since it’s a straight up rarity boost. I wish building it was a little faster myself, I’m trying to farm a relic for my Lich and only had it drop once so far from Reign of Dragons. Getting from 100 to 190 corruption took like 4 hours and I’m still able to just mow through everything but it takes a lot of clears to push it higher.

But is it worth the effort to spend 4 hours for that one drop or get 4 attempts with one hour runs?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Oh can you keep fighting the boss over and over without doing the other stuff? I haven't done much empowered content yet.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There is also a squirrel beast master build that maxroll says is very easy to play. Haven't tried it myself.

Does the respec cost more every time you use it? Is it practical to have a character that can swap between a couple builds or do you really have to do one dedicated character per build? The blessings make it seem like swapping can be a huge PITA. I have a Dragonsong and a Reign of Winter and was hoping I'd be able to play both builds with just one character that could swap between them.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 22, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Magus42 posted:

If specific blessings are needed for a build, then yes swapping would be a pain. If you had more generic blessings that worked for both, it would be easier.

Respeccing is cheap always, doesn't increase in cost or anything, as long as both builds use the same mastery.

Ah I think the points cost different amounts depending on where in the skill tree and I wasn't paying a ton of attention when I was doing it. Just noticed the cost was changing.

Good Citizen posted:

I could be wrong but I think you need a lvl76 legendary helm to really get that one at full potential

Yeah but it works without it. Seems like it increases your damage a good chunk but it's perfectly functional before you get it. Unfortunately you will have wolves instead of squirrels without the helm though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is Fall of the Empire the right mono to try and get the meteor belt? Maxroll says that one but I did an echo with a unique reward and it was a dagger.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Do the optional quests do anything for empowered monos?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How does Earthquake Bear compare to Cold Dot Bear? Love that even though I have all the gear, blessings prevent me from easily trying anything out.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
LE has so much good stuff going for it. And then some mind boggling design choices. Like D2 zod rune level drop rates for high LP items, and then you have to win a 50/50 coin flip on top of that before the item is any good.

Also this is more for me venting:
There's no dedicated force move button unless you give up the ability to attack with left click.
Combine the above with fighting Lagon on a melee character.
Controller teleport just sends you right into the closest enemy who is already wailing on your face.
Controller aim for ranged skills often misses the person right in front of you even when you're pointing in their direction.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I really am not convinced it's possible to beat Lagon as melee without a controller.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Every time you try to move to dodge something you just get stuck on his enormous body and just sit there locked in place attacking him. Game doesn't have a force to move key if you want to retain ability to have left click attack. In D3, I use middle click to do a force move and left click to attack/move. Not possible here.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Magus42 posted:

Wouldn't you want to be using an ability to attack instead of a weak default attack, which would be on right click or another button?

What if I want my left click to be my most used attack and my right click to be my second most used attack? For example in Diablo, my left click is meteor and my right click is teleport. And I don't press any of the other buttons. Occasionally I middle click to force move but I by far use left and right click the most.

Are you guys actually mashing 1 on your keyboard to attack stuff and using left click only to move? That actually boggles my mind.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 5, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Uh you can have left click map to any of your skills on top of move.

I had puncture/move on left click and detonating arrow on right click for my marksmen. That's like the ideal use case for my setup where both skills are used about equally.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 5, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You still have the same number of abilities? I just want move and my most commonly used button to be left click. Then my right click is my second most used button.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What is a single bad thing about it? The only time it is bad is when the game does not have a force to move button. But that is very easily solvable by adding one in.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I am complaining because the game implemented it incorrectly. Like I said it's a solved problem that the game decides not to do. Left click to move/attack and a separate button to force move is not some weird ask.

A correct implementation would be allowing the player to have one button be attack move and one button to be force move.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 5, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There is a marrow shard lich build on maxroll. It's not a Necro though.

Their Necro build spams bone nova on a golem. Is that a physical skill?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I really hope they change it so you can keep retrying on the legendary where it just overwrites the previous effect. The design is pretty awful with how rare a good LP item is and then immediately ruining it due to pure RNG.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
A guy on the forums talked about how he had a 2 LP Aberrant Call after 100+ hours of play. There's about a 50/50 that it becomes a dud after making it legendary.

I think you're speaking for yourself when you say it's not doing anyone any favors. You can always throw away your legendary if it turned out bad if you want to make it harder. I for one really don't have the time or patience for that kind of grind. The devs literally said some items are expected to take thousands of hours to find. Having to then win a 50/50 after that seems silly to me.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You guys have weird definitions of easy if 1000 hours of playtime is too easy.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a much higher drop rate either. I have 150 hours played since .9 and no Herald of the Scurry. Though I haven't been dedicated farming hats the whole time. I think Diablo 3 had the perfect speed of progression for me. Where getting a baseline version is not too hard but there is still a fair amount of effort into getting that perfect roll.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't personally see a difference between a bunch more LP items or easy rerolls. End result is the same to me. Would be equally happy with either change.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Biggest complaint regarding respeccing for me is the Blessings. Wouldn't mind if they made the high rolls slightly harder to get but you free swap between any that you've unlocked.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So what are item factions? The gist is you can either do find your own stuff with massively improved drop rates or you can trade? That was way too much text for my small brain to understand.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Think they'll ever make swapping blessings easier? That might be my only major complaint of any of their major systems. They should let you keep the highest blessing of each type that you've found or something.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The campaign is honestly very fast to blast through. I don't think there's much to gain by skipping it.

Oh thank god.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is there any benefit to the campaign skip for LE? I feel like you level about the same speed and the rewards are appropriate for the content. Not like D4 where the campaign levels you at a glacial pace.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The dialogue is like a minute of clicking for the entire campaign though. And the monoliths are still the same zones, enemies, and bosses, just in a different order.

e: I mean I wouldn't mind if you could start each new char on monos but it's pretty far down the list of features I'd like to see in the game. Feels inconsequential to me personally.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 13, 2024

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The cosmetics are grossly over priced and the game is just not very well designed. But I don't really see a connection between the two besides they're both bad.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The devs can actually name classes that would want to use the gear they're creating.

Meanwhile D4 devs are windmill slamming "increase shrine duration" on all their gear.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are blessing rolls saved now or is that coming in a future patch?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ugh. Hope that doesn't mean slated for a future season. That's probably my biggest complaint about the game from a systems perspective.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I was able to get to the first hub but then couldn't zone anywhere.

bamhand for the referral thing if anyone feels like doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Can each person only enter a referral code from a single person?