Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SynthesisAlpha posted:

From what I've seen all the skills are pretty well balanced. I've taken a DoT Necro to 77, played a rogue for a bit, and I'm working on a Glacier Mage. I don't think you ever really need to follow a guide, as there are only a few things to build for. Get passives and gear for your damage type, find a way to not die, pick an ailment maybe? That's about it. Most of the skill nodes are about playstyle rather than raw power so it's hard to gently caress up a build. Obviously don't main skill something that reduces damage in favor of utility or gives it a huge cooldown.

To generally play the game, I'd say that was true. But I've watched a bit of Boardman21 streaming high corruption Monoliths, and I'm pretty sure you will have to optimise your build for that. There's still at least four or five viable ways to play every class, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Funny that you should mention Boardman21, I'm using one of his video guides to level up a Void Knight. Working great so far.

It's not exactly funny; he's by far the most prolific content creator for the game. If you've watched anything at all about LE on YouTube you've probably watched at least one of his 500+ videos.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hollow Talk posted:

Also, I'm curious about Monoliths and other Endgame content and... wait a second.

Oh god, please tell me there is no new game plus, with colour coding. Please? Help!

God, that avatar is still striking fear into the hearts of men.