Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bought the game out of curisoity. Did a hammerdin wannabe, still a sentinel at lvl26.

Shield throw - damage I guess? feels quite useless
hammer throw - they spin around me and murder people
ephemeral stance - dmg to murder faster
rebuke - thing to chill in and pop some instant aoe if needed
shield rush - to move around the long rear end corridors

I have now 428hp. And uh I regen 48hp/s. I found some static +hp/s items and I have like 150% increased healt regen so an item which gives 4hp/s ends up giving 12hp/s. Game feels solved except for mana. I also heal when I take dmg.. so I just sit tight, spin hammers, watch dudes die. Great when the game does damage slowly you have time to react in cases you have to move around a bit. Mostly I just cast spinny hammers... always fun.

Also stuff like flat +5 throwing damage gives 25% moore deeps... nom.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I wish the game had DLSS. The game muders my 3080 at 4K, I don't need 8 million pixels drawn 120 times a second in an ARPG.. less would do :v: I mean the GPU produces a whopping 350W of waste heat while rendering a meh looking game. I wish their tech stack wasn't ancient as poo poo so they could implement DLSS easier without years of grueling refactoring.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Tried hammerdin, meh. Tried glacial sorc, meh. Next try was multishot marksman! Found a build which says you can autocast MS with a channeled flurry. Flurry uses mana while channeling, but with sap it generates mana from hits. Nice.

https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/multishot-marksman-guide/skills-passives#skills-fc4f5f92-0c92-4d31-8aac-5a2806117452

Feel like a mobile machine gun now. Spray&pray :blastu:

Edit: also just found a chest piece which increases damage 10% by arrow of multishot. Seems it applies to flurry too.. so 90% increased damage since MS has 9 arrows, nice.

Does MS shotgun? Probably not..?
Edit2: giant slayer makes it shotgun. Each arrow makes only 20% of dmg, but with 9 arrows it's 180% of dmg if all arrows hit the same target...

Edit3: OH and it ALSO throws 5 free shurikens while using the movement skill, also I'm immune while using the movement skill!

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 15, 2023

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

No steam preload? When the patch will even be available?!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Relog Steam, the update just appeared for me. 7.3gb

Thanks!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Triple. Old was over 40k, now it's 125k+. Can't get out of Keeper's Grove to The Fortress Gardens.

"LE-61: Failed to matchmake."

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Saxophone posted:

Weird amount of folks assuming everything would be broken and then… mad that they were right? Is weird in this thread.

Go play another game. Or play offline mode for a while. Sheesh.

It is a tradition

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Anyone actually got into Fortress Gardens in online mode?

E: I think they need a zone queue

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I play 4K 3080 12700K all LOW. Game doesnt run well enough with higher settings. No scaling options at all - native is all you get even in 1.0. Their old version of unity doesnt support anything fancy.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Apparently the game is even more hosed today than it was yesterday. Can't even get into town. Login to char screen works, but after selecting a character, it gets stuck in the "Connecting" screen. Glad I bought this years ago and not yesterday.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Does this game have guilds yet? Would be easier to trade recs & loot with it...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

M. Night Skymall posted:

I have a friend who was a writer on an ARPG that never got released and he said it was really hard to do, you had to constantly cut things down to the smallest number of words possible, and then everything had to be voice acted so the player could basically swing by the NPC and listen to them as they ran to the next objective or they wouldn't engage with it at all, and after all that result was still weird and disjointed. I dunno maybe it should all just go into a wiki so you can read it during server problems.

Have they yet tried forced dialogue? You can't skip them, you must listen to them.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

queeb posted:

ok once you get cthonic fissure to like lvel 8 or 9 holy gently caress things take off.

i hit 80 bleed stacks on one of the bosses at level 27, was hitting for like 1200/tick

Is bleed better than fire, Why so? Guides want to convert all to bleeds, but I do not yet understand why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How do you enable damage numbers in this game? There's this unchecked checkbox in settings which can't be checked. Does it require some kind of konami code or some other secret sauce?