Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Vulpes posted:

Picked this up a week ago and it's pretty fun so far - the endgame seems a bit repetitive right now though, not sure how long that will hold my interest. I know they have more planned.

I was surprised to learn that, for a game that claims to be the 'slightly more casual' competitor to PoE, the death penalties are crazy harsh. When running monoliths, you get one shot at the quest boss - if you die not only does it reset, but you also have to run at least one more echo just to be able to fight him again. Compared to PoE with it's 6 portal zerg-rush, this seems pretty rude. I understand this is the state after several iterations of making dying less punishing, as well.

Yeah, I took a break from the endgame at the second monolith when the boss there was still two-shotting me with a full 75% resist and making me run echoes just to have that pleasure again all over again. Thanks but pass. The content's cool but not satisfying enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Is there ANY sense of when they're going to finish the story portion of the campaign? I realize it's only mediocre in the first place but some part of me would really like it to be completed before I turn to endgame grinding.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So I was playing on Steam Deck fully offline and had a series of crashes for some reason (after it ran smoothly for 2 or 3 days with no issues.) After the most recent crash, my level 40 offline warlock is just flat gone.

Rebooting, changing the form of Proton I'm using (and going back again), going online and then offline again, verifying files, turning Steam Cloud off and on again. Nada.

Anyone have any knowledge of how to potentially restore a save that's been lost -- on Steam Deck specifically? Because losing those 15 or so hours I put into the character is really chuffing my desire to go back to LE until they support SD. If they do at all. :/

(sucks because Warlock was ridiculously fun.)

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

frajaq posted:

Fellow falconers I think I'm making a mistake by using the Flask as my filler ability, what skills are you guys using besides Falcon Strike/Dive Bomb/Aerial Assault/Smoke Bomb ? Any melee users at all? Or using bows? Shurikens maybe?

I use Explosive Ballistae and Shurikens instead of Smoke Bomb and Flask but, frankly, it's probably not super-efficient and just makes me feel better about someone other than birb doing things (although +minion damage = +ballista damage too)