Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Masonity posted:

What's the best place to find last epoch builds?

The official forums. This post looks like a good place to start. That guy, boardman21, seems to be the most active, high-profile build creator for this game and has a lot of stuff on his YouTube channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Speaking of the gambling vendor, what the hell is up with making every purchase take 10 seconds or whatever? Whoever came up with that punitive BS needs to have their game design privileges revoked.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Manyorcas posted:

Follow up on pre-made loot filters: how easy is it to combine the filters for two different playstyles so you'll see both drops? Like right now, if you're leveling two characters at the same level, you may want to have it look for gear good for your other character, but mostly I'm thinking in the future when I'm playing with my girlfriend and we can both find loot either of us could use.
It's easy. You could start with a premade filter that suits one play style and then just go through the rules checking additional boxes (item types, affixes) that work for the other player.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

interrodactyl posted:

If I find a good item for my friend but our schedules were off by 10 minutes, I can't give them the item. The reverse is also true.

How about if they added the ability to freely give away one item per day (or some other number tbd)? That's obviously inelegant, to say the least, but it seems like it would address some common complaints.

I feel for them, either way, because there is no easy answer to the trade question in general.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It'd definitely be a shame to launch with busted MP given how far they've come in general.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices.

Lol, c'mon. It'll be fixed soon enough and you'll forget all about it until the next super important vidya game launch.

It's pretty funny, though, that they seemed so confident beforehand with their talk of extensive simulations and elastic scaling blabla. Yeah, you small-timers are gonna get it right where everybody else screws up every time.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I get the fissure thing in that it feels bad to forsake MOAR DAMAGE AND EXPLOSIONS for something as grubby as mana concerns.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

SHISHKABOB posted:

He also emphasized how you want to pick up items with other class skills on them, because otherwise when it comes time to try and craft off a bad affix from an otherwise perfect legendary-worthy exalted, you will be stuck.

Could somebody explain this?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Thanks, everybody. Haven't done much crafting beyond the basics, and that class skill thing had me mystified.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

nerox posted:

What is the link to the broken warlock build?

I think this is the OG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV0lHQsDxeE

https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/Q9J1dzXB

There are a bunch of variations, since, as was said, you just need a node each in Bone Curse and Profane Veil for the buggy ward.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I'm playing Allie's cast on crit Rune master with the dagger that makes Frost Claw trigger Lightning Blast. I'm Solo Account Found (so CoF).

What's the minimum I need to make switching to the Nova version with the Ladle viable? She says you want a +3 FC relic, but I've seen others claim you also want a good 2 LP Ladle. I have an Unstable Core, which I gather is seen as pretty iffy overall. Could I wear it for a while to get another FC skill point without gimping myself too much?

I'm still having fun with this character as-is, but I'd accept a modest temporary loss of power to mix things up. I guess I need that Crest of Unity Nova helmet at a minimum, as well?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Thanks for the Nova advice, fellow goons. I think I'll farm up a Crest of Unity and give it a go.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I never expected CoF to be the equal of Merchant's guild with regard to ease of gearing up. It'd still be cool if they made it somewhat easier to get boss drops, though, and I expect they will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Awesome! posted:

e: also do you have a twisted heart? because that is a big ward generator as well

I bet it's this.