Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I have a question about what to do with all this loot. I'm using the maxroll filter for my class (static orb sorc, currently in my 50s). But I still get so much stuff that I have multiple stash tabs of junk that I can't afford to shatter. It's also not worth selling (I'd have to sell 100 things to get enough gold to buy one shatter rune).

I assume at some point I'll be rolling on gold and be able to shatter to my heart's content? Or should I stop picking up so much stuff. For example, a lot of them seem to be selected by the filter just the resist affixes. Once I have enough (10? 20?more?) items that I can shatter for fire resist someday, can I stop picking up things that have no affixes I care about except fire resist?

Sorry for the noob question, but I am not a man of many pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I dig the crafting system but think I may just be too bad to play this game. Is there a build that kills bosses with turrets (a la hydras in the Diablo games) or other things that don't require me to target the boss? I might be able to survive all the "move or die" mechanics if I could spend all of my focus on just staying alive. But when my cursor has to be on the boss to cast spells at it, there's a 0% chance of me being able to also move my charterer out of death zones reliably enough to win.

I tried maxing out mouse sensitivity, but that mostly causes me to overshoot. The real problem is that my brain/hands are too slow. These newfangled arpgs may just be too much for me in my dotage :corsair:

e: duhhh, pet build seems like the obvious answer.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 22, 2023

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Sab669 posted:

Falconeeer

:lol:

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Grim Dawn and D4 have made me dependent on the evade button and it's getting me killed a ton in LE. Standing in the warning circle for an extra hit or two since I can just skip out of it right before the AoE goes off and...oh, dear.

e; alt-tabbing out during loading screens to farm a few pylons in GD isn't helping break that habit.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Why isn't merchant's the guild just: "1. Sign up, 2. You can now buy and sell whatever you want."?

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 27, 2024

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Just did the first monolith. Should I tell the amalgamate souls to reflect on the past or dream of the future? Or is it just flavor?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Just started an alt and it hit me that the "Fortress Walls" newbie zone is harder than any encounter in the game except maybe a couple of the bosses with dodge-or-die mechanics.

Pretty sure Sturiax the Burning Sky has killed me more times than Lagon and Emperor of Corpses combined.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 4, 2024

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Please fill up our potions after completing an echo without making us go to town and back.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

26 unique daggers. Zero smoke weavers.

Definitely going merchant guild next season.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

That's what my mom said.

Wait.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I pressed "sort" on a tab full of keys and instantly developed severe OCD.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Looking for suggestions on good controller-friendly builds (I can't play ARPGs with a mouse anymore, the tendon in my firearm gets very angry). It also needs to have a quick evade/teleport/dodge-type skill to get me out of AoEs. Otherwise, anything goes.

So far I've played 2 classes to the 80s: Shadow dagger bladedancer (great, except when the game decides target synchronized strike on something in a place I do not want to jump to). Smite hammerdin (doesn't need to target, which is great, but doesn't have an evade button [the windup on shield rush is too slow]).

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 23, 2024

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I love souls games where I spend days grinding my molars into dust trying to beat a tough boss for a cool item.

I love ARPGs where I spend days effortlessly blowing through thousands of baddies to get a cool item with a miniscule drop rate.

Combining the two sounds like an absolute nightmare.

I'm not saying LE is there, but it seems to be where ARPGs are heading. And I don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

Wuxi posted:

Going extremely fast while mapping (or monolithing I guess) and having mechanically challenging boss fights are not mutually exclusive though

Trash being trivial makes it less annoying (though NRFtW and PoE2 at least seem to be going in the opposite direction). But even if it's only bosses that are hard, just thinking about "Melania's difficulty with Baal's loot table" makes my wrists, teeth, and brain hurt.

I'm probably just bitter because my reflexes have always been garbage and certainly aren't improving in my dotage.