Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
So how are the pet-based builds in this game? Does it have something like the Lazy Pokemon build in Grim Dawn, in which you literally let all your pets kill stuff while you run around collecting loot? Or something like D2 Necromancer class for example, in which you have a lot of minions tanky enough to survive more than 1 boss's spells while damaging enough on their own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Every class has or is slated to have some minion skills. I basically never play pet-centric builds in these games, so I’m not sure how they play exactly here, but there are plenty of minion skills and lots of minion builds posted on the official forums.

Primalist has a number of builds based around having a few durable, powerful minions. A lot of the passives and skills really encourage fighting alongside your minions or poking from behind them with a spear, though I think a lazier approach is possible.

Necromancer can get big armies of wraiths and skeletons, though I don’t know how they actually play. I’m sure you can avoid ever having to attack by yourself, but I strongly suspect you’ll probably want 1-2 support skills to boost your minion’s damage or increase your own defense.

That's good to know, and googling some videos show some delicious stuff, thanks a lot!

BTW can you confirm how the current respeccing works btw? Googling just shows old stuff, or player complaints, etc. So I don't really get how it works now, especially because I haven't bought the game yet.