Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

To the best of my knowledge the only permanent choice you make is which mastery class you select. Everything else can be changed either via a vendor (your mastery points) or through the menu (skill trees).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I’m finding that running a character through the first three chapters to get to masteries isn’t as much of a slog as I was afraid it would be. Once you’ve done it a couple times it becomes pretty simple to just zone out and click your way through. Then things can pick up as your build gets the fun skills that the masteries unlock.

Currently doing a minion build Forge Guard and having a bunch of swords follow me everywhere is a delight.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I really like how different each subclass feels. My necromancer plays absolutely nothing like my Lich, all three primalist types are different, etc. I do wish that you got to pick a little earlier, but at this point I can basically get to the End of Time on a new character with my eyes closed so it’s not that big of a deal.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Yea I wish you got it right at the time that you'd have 20 points sunk into your main tree. It's only a little bit past that, but still.

I just stop investing in my base at that time. It helps that respeccing is so easy and cheap.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

The Locator posted:

Getting back into this game after a fairly long break, getting away from my fascination with Void Knight and going for a minion build using the Necromancer this time. Smooth sailing in the early game as you get 3 skeletons as your very first skill and they immediately start wrecking faces.

Have the golem unlocked now, and he is a tanky boy without any sort of specialization. By level 35'ish I will in theory no longer be doing any damage at all directly, as it will be all minions all the time just because of the limits on active skills vs. the number of minion skills available.

Game still good.

My highest level character is a Necro who uses only minion skills and it is a delight. The minion AI isn’t terrible!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Go craft some Elemental Resistances, Poison, and Physical.

That was the fight that also made me realize just how Glass my Glass Canon was

When I did that fight on my bladedancer I crafted two sets of armor and switched at the transition. First one was my general set that is more offensively directed, the second was all physical and poison resistances. Still took a couple of attempts, but was definitely better than trying with just my first set!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I can’t help but feel responsible for the server problems. Every time I take time off work to play a multiplayer game at launch it goes smoothly. I was going to do so for yesterday and today but couldn’t get a sub lined up. Sorry everyone!

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

gnoma posted:

Some really cool builds

I just started a mage for the Glacier sorc and it is incredibly fun.

I also can’t help but chuckle a bit at all of the leveling guides that I’ve seen pop up. It is so easy to level, and with zero chance of bricking your character, go nuts! Pick the skill that looks cool but has a high mana cost/cooldown! It probably has nodes to make that better! You might not be the most efficient leveler ever, but if it’s fun for you* then go nuts!

*If being the most efficient ever is fun for you, also go nuts

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

frajaq posted:

when you find an amazing item for your build DPS but your defenses would be bricked :negative:

Can you make it up with shards elsewhere?

If not, simply never get hit.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Respecced my sorc from glacier to fireball and meteor and I’ve gotta say:

Hahaha fireball go boom boom boom

Just machine gunning fireballs everywhere (that will be homing soon) and laughing as mobs try to get close and fail, burning before my might.

Might spec over to the nova build I saw a streamer shred with at some point, it also looked rad.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

MerrMan posted:

I like the Nova build but most of the words I've read about it say you want the unique that makes it cast at your cursor rather than point blank.

If it helps you decide, the streamer I was watching last night wasn’t using that unique and was having zero problems clearing tier 3 dungeons.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

bobtheconqueror posted:

Oh yeah I think this is an issue with any skill that requires a particular weapon type. Similar issue with Serpent Strike on Primalist. Requires a spear, but the game will let you use the ability without one. However, the animation is busted and it doesn't actually do anything with the wrong item type equipped.

By busted do you mean hilarious? Cause I tried that this weekend and got killed because I was laughing so hard at the giant green spear protruding from my chest.

Just finished getting a bladedancer to monoliths using chakrams and shadows. It just shreds through bosses, but I’m pretty fragile at the moment so it’s a pretty active play style. I switched my sorc over to lightning nova (I had the crown drop that makes it so it casts at your mouse cursor), so that’s two ranged characters at monos. Any suggestions for a melee type that’s fun to play?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

I have had the two idols drop to give me a 100% chance for flame wraiths and spent about 40 minutes running through the last two acts. Using mages (pyromancers), Fire golems, dread shade, and transplant for my other skills.

It is utterly hilarious watching Lagon’s life just drain. The moon on the bottom of his platform went from a sliver to full in about 8 seconds. Liath before him didn’t get to teleport a single time.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

zoux posted:

(they should start with getting rid of volatile reversal)

Is volatile reversal still the primary feature in every single Paladin/Forgemaster/Void Knight build? I don’t know if any game has ever had a skill that was so powerful yet so unfun to play.

Also, re:MP issues: when it was working for my friend and I, it worked flawlessly. But getting it to work in the first place was our bottleneck. I haven’t played much since early summer, but hearing that they haven’t done much by way of fixing anything has definitely downgraded my excitement for 1.0

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Clarste posted:

Speaking which, there was a dev blog today about reworking Tempest Strike and replacing Ice Thorns with a new skill that's basically the lightning bolts that Shamans like to summon with everything else, thus allowing them to be upgraded through a skill tree.

I guess it's implied that other classes and skills will be getting minor reworks for 1.0.

They’ve been saying there is like 60 pages of patch notes for 1.0 so I imagine a decent chunk of those are rebalancing.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Benson Cunningham posted:

The only thing that's breaking tomorrow is the LE server infra.

:toxx: If this game launches without server issues I will hand draw Lagon taking his children to the playground and pushing them on a swing set.

I also think that it is going to have server issues, no matter how well prepared they are. But is there any chance of you drawing this anyway? Because it sounds delightful.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

HandsomeMrB is my referral code, I already spent mine on a RL friend who spent his, would love to be followed by bees

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

My falcon is faster than me, stronger than me, and better than me at target priority.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Better looking, too

Hey just because this is 100% true doesn’t mean you have to say it

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Fried Watermelon posted:

It's long past time that dev teams such as this face class action lawsuits for there business practices. How often do these companies lie and mislead their customers with innacurate start dates and times, game completeness "The story is not complete in Last Epoch" with no mention of these issues on the pre-order page. This is false advertising and it is illegal. What other services are offered in such a way with a little responsibility taken by the company itself? They have conditioned so many players to think that this is ok, with many even attacking those who stand up against it. This is false advertising and it is illegal. Demand more for your money and perhaps a little bit more respect from the companies you are paying. Stop making excuses for these companies and stop excusing this type of behavior. You will benefit and so will the rest of us.

Steam review or Reddit post?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Sab669 posted:

Yea, it's baffling why they ever made it so you couldn't pick your Mastery until you had like 10 Passive points beyond the 20 needed to spec into your Mastery passives.

I much prefer it how it is now, where I was one passive point short of even being able to start speccing into my falcon when I unlocked mastery.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Tarnop posted:

I keep a buffer of however much gold the next stash tab costs and then spend the rest on shatters

On the topic of spending gold, I'm so happy that EHG decided to make vendoring drops basically worthless. It's so nice to just be able to shatter stuff I need from wherever and throw the rest on the ground where it belongs

It’s great, but it still doesn’t stop me from compulsively picking up everything to sell even for pennies. I’m getting better, usually now I only do it when specifically heading to town for quests.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

queeb posted:

lol i crafted on these real quick just to bump up the necrotic res, ended up getting 2 crits, so now it still has 24 forge left, t5 movement, t5 res, and im out of CDR shards but once thats done I'll add that up to t5 and these'll be pretty dope

Do you have any of the runes of research? You can use one of those to seal the experimental affix and then add another one on there. Would probably be pretty worth it on those.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Yeah Lagon, especially the monolith version, seems overtuned a bit. I have maxed cold and lightning resistance and any of his beams touching me is a one shot. I know I need more health, but I seem to recall it being deadly but not “a single error is the end of the fight” deadly before 1.0. Although the new version of the fight with attack his tentacles instead of him and his weird hitbox is an improvement for sure.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Why isn't merchant's the guild just; "1. Sign up, 2. You can now buy and sell whatever you want."?

My guess is because they wanted the SSF faction to have different tiers of rewards instead of “Select item you want then get it quickly from the moment you sign up” and felt that they’d have to make the two of them equivalent.

Edit: Choosing between Druid or Beastmaster is proving more difficult than I’d thought. I love having many different pets, but I also love being a huge bear (and have the unique that makes it a polar bear)

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

frajaq posted:

Fellow falconers I think I'm making a mistake by using the Flask as my filler ability, what skills are you guys using besides Falcon Strike/Dive Bomb/Aerial Assault/Smoke Bomb ? Any melee users at all? Or using bows? Shurikens maybe?

I switched to the maxroll dive bomb build, which is now bow based and uses explosive trap as filler (mostly just for cooldown reduction on birb)

A Real Horse fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 28, 2024

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Holy poo poo bleed warlock. Am I hacking the game? Should I be getting this many stacks of bleed this quickly? Is chthonic fissure the best spell ever in an ARPG? Does this get even better when I hit monos as I’ve been led to believe?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Love to run around on my Beastmaster with my four pets: Primal Wolf, Primal Wolf, Primal Wolf, and Bark Bark.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Idols seem to be pretty crappy so I've hidden all the idols besides ones that have resistances on them, and I use idols exclusively to plug up holes in my resistances.

Am I missing much?

It can be mastery and ability dependent. For example a lot of the sentinel throwing builds rely on %chance to cast smite on throw from idols

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Reoxygenation posted:

I don't care about leaderboards I just want the game to run well and play nice

what the gently caress can you even rank for, I've been playing exclusively offline

How far you go in endless arena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Heithinn Grasida posted:

I thought spellblade was sort of okay if on the weaker side and Shaman was generally considered the weakest mastery since, with a few exceptions, almost anything primalist is good at could be done better by either of the other two masteries.

I don’t know if 1.0 changed anything, but when rune master came out in .9, I saw a lot more complaints about sorcerer than spellblade.

Shaman may be the weakest mastery, but Storm totem is shredding mobs through the story. Given how well the three newest masteries turned out, I’m pretty confident that shaman and other weaker ones will end up in a good place when they take a look at them.