Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
bought this yesterday, how rare is rune of creation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it seems like a mirror level item but i got one in the first 30 minutes or so of playing lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
as someone who really likes delve in poe, monoliths are insanely my kind of jank, but i've only unlocked the lv90 ones last time i played so i can't really say i've been doing it for a long time yet

i've got up to lv90 ones and mob density is pretty ok in most now, too (some of the early ones are downright empty which was weird as heck)

posted this in the poe thread too but i think this will be my "main" arpg if it sees a couple decent league mechanics added to end-game like poe does over time. it's not as stupid as poe but everything else about it is so much better

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So I was looking into a possible solution to the "losing the mouse pointer" issue and someone suggested Yolomouse, a piece of software that overwrights the mouse icon and you can pick something more highvis (such as a neon pink pointer 4-5 times the normal one).

Anyone ever used something like this before?

i had yolomouse set to autostart when i was still on windows, it's great
it also remembers which program has which cursor so once you set it for LE it'll always change the cursor when you're playing it and only when you're playing

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it is much better when you just randomly die to an attack you couldn't see coming at all

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saxophone posted:

Ya know I thought about this a bit and in any other genre ‘don’t stand in the fire’ is largely ok, but in a game that is requiring you to point and click moving in and out of fire just feels worse. Using wasd or twin stick it’s easy to navigate and run, whereas with point and click I feel like I’m way more prone to my character faffing off in the wrong direction or getting pasted because my angle was wrong and it still clipped me, etc.

this is why i keep yelling at people that they need to add wasd movement to arpgs so you can aim with mouse and move with keyboard/stick/whatever, but no, diablo scheme from 30 years ago is the only correct option!!!!11

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
poe is a big game, last epoch averages like 1000 players so far, outside the big patch peaks

it's not like you lose a lot of time, the 2-3 loading screens between login screen and you murdering maps aren't *that* long

e: also, you need to have poe running in the background for a week to sell good niche items for fair amounts of money so

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
there are definitely people who overspend on games, doubly so when there's gambling/lootboxes around which poe does have

e: hell, star citizen isn't even a game, and doesn't have lootboxes either but people spent tens of thousands on that lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

Oh...so playing online but solo works fine, but as soon as I join a party with a friend suddenly zone transitions take 30-60 seconds and there's fairly regular "lost connection" errors.

the transitions taking forever is, uh, "normal", but lost connections went away for my friend group as soon as we volunteered someone to be the dedicated transition guy, and everyone else waits to start the transition until their character disappears to the next map

this doesn't make the transition take any longer either, since transition happens faster after the instance is already occupied by someone, somehow. it's really weird, hopefully they fix this bs soon

also, it only happens during campaign, once you're in monoliths there's no transition loading screens anymore anyway

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah they hosed it up

it was always this bad if you weren't in a party
i think they're trying to fix the "in a party" problem but got it backwards? lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Do you ever get to 100% uptime for reaper form?

you probably get close to like 90% with the amount of life leech you can very easily attain, but there's always going to be a limit and then you're in cooldown for however long

on most bosses it's easily 100% tho, since you don't run out of thing to leech

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
well poo poo
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/trade-item-factions/61722

quote:

Resonances are a new item type which drop when you’ve played alongside a player for an extended period of time. Using a Resonance on an item will enable it to be gifted to that player even if they were not present when the item dropped. When a Resonance drops, it will drop with the player name in the item card to show who it enables gifting with. As you may notice from this example label, there are different types of Resonances: Obsidian Resonances, which are required for Legendary and Exalted Items, and Golden Resonances, which are required for Unique, Set, Rare, Magic, or Normal quality items.

Upon picking up a Resonance, it is placed in your inventory, and will be stored into your Gifting Inventory when you Store Crafting Materials. Once stored, when you open a gifting window to a player, you will have a flyout menu to select a resonance to use for the Gift. Resonances are consumable, so pay heed to when you decide to use them!
this was literally the last problem i had with the game in that i couldn't trade to a friend if they weren't online at time of drop

this is perfect lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

I tried playing the game with a friend a while ago and we stopped after a couple of hours because the delays when changing zones was too much. We found it to be unplayably bad.

I'm not going to play the online mode, ever, if they don't fix that.

what's funny is that the problem disappears completely once you hit monoliths, because there's no more map change screens in monoliths

so they have this entire campaign that's borderline unplayable in multiplayer, but the big part at the end works fine and nobody reaches it lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
that's one of the rare areas with decent mob density tho :v

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

no, it's like poe with 1 league mechanic

yeah it's this

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'll say the game feel isn't great, but it's not bad at all. like, many skills don't feel/sound punchy/weighty, but that's a sfx problem, the game plays fine

they said they're reworking the network entirely but it's not dropping for everyone until 1.0, which is a bit annoying

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

An Actual Princess posted:

is this game still genderlocked

yes, unfortunately

they said they might change that in the future if it's successful enough to allow it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
going in blind is the correct option IMO

i'm not playing rn because i'm busy with other games and also all the usual launch issues, but i started in 0.9 going in blind and i made a 2 builds that worked all the way into the level 100 areas/bosses no problemo, the skill and item mod descriptions are more than good enough to allow you to easily do that, and respeccing is very painless, especially later on

it's a very different beast from poe where you can reliably get through the campaign blind but then you get to yellow maps and just start getting pasted repeatedly because you didn't use enough obscure snowballing mechanics

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
monolith uses some weird special loading tech where you're not changing maps/instances

which makes me wonder, why not do the same for the campaign? it'd solve the biggest issue people have with online lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Can I assume that any effect that casts another learned ability inherits all the same damage modifiers + runes as the player?

there is one exception to this: if your minions cast spells, they use their own stats and ignore your skill tree even when you have the same spell specced out

i was a bit disappointed when i figured this out on my necro, because skeleton mages spamming sacrifice on the crappy warrior skellies wasn't doing the good damage i expected

i was committed tho to rapid fire explosions though, so i ended up pouring my points into exploding zombie, including the passive that spawns exploding zombies when minions die, and that worked

basically holding down right click on summon skeleton, my skelly mages explode the warriors almost as soon as they spawn on the enemy, spawning a bunch of exploding zombies directly on top of them. also when skeletons die they refill mana so it's infinitely spammable lmao, just an endless stream of zombie and skeleton explosions

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

LegoMan posted:

Item text seems to have some issues. A lot of the uniques that drop for me are garbled text with commas and spaces

i think this is a bug that happens if you have "bigger font" thingy selected on your loot filter

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/echo-warpath-void-knight-guide

here's a void knight guide that got updated recently, where you use cyclone attack and then spawn echoes that also use it
https://assets.maxroll.gg/wordpress/Warpath-3.mp4

also, it's effective on a single button, but you can be spicy and use a 2nd button every now and then and do like 15% more damage

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i did a fire necro. fire bone golem for tank, fire skeleton mages delete everything as soon as it's in range until like level 70 with next to zero investment

also look for 2 "ashen" adorned immortal idols with at least 100% chance to summon flame wraith between them and then get the "wraiths can't move" on summon wraith tree. fire turret wraiths will gently caress poo poo up until you get to empowered monos

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
also you get 4 choices in empowered and 5 choices in 200+ corruption instead of 3, so don't feel like you have to grind out the blessings if you don't have a perfect set cause it'll be easier to get them later

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
you can buy infinite shattering runes off of vendors, though doing so means cycling instances which doesn't happen much in monoliths

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Or just get enough life leech to YOLO.

this is the way

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my hot take is that it's good that playing SSF is balanced as just a normal game, and not only as some kind of sadomazo challenge, and i'd play poe a lot more if SSF was playable for normal people and not just streamers who play 20h/day so i'm glad cof exists

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The search function in Marketplace leaves a lot to be desired. You can only pick one affix tier level so, like, if you want to find something with a specific T7 but also with some lower tier stuff on it for craftability, no can do. Unless I'm missing something.

Also no way to check for roll values on stuff.

lol

they just need an "apply loot filter" checkbox for the market, the filter is so good why would they do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
there has to be some kind of chill build in a lich chaos bolt/bone curse illusion of pain combo. chaos bolts can apply and refresh bone curse duration, and there's a node to make chaos bolts use life instead of mana, which is ideal for lich because it has infinite life when casting skills

i'd be playing it but none of my friends have time to play games right now and i don't play arpgs solo lol