Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Multiplayer by end of the year, I think. Probably at the end of the year. 0.9 is supposed to be when it launches, so the next major patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The werebear form looks really good. Honestly all the effort spent on upgrading the graphics and animations make the game feel a lot better to play. Werebear was already a blast to play, with some hilariously broken builds with the right items, so this looks great.

Really excited for multiplayer and the coolest class (falconer).

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
They also revisit skills sometimes and give them a bit more variety too. There's some stark differences between newer and older skills.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If nothing else, I'm really happy to hear the company of a game I enjoy tries to actually avoid crunch and trying to wring as much work out of its employees before they burn out.

all that being said i hope we get the falconer soon

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I like boardman21's builds when I checked them out a while ago. He has written guides, which I really appreciate.

Also loot filters: someone set up some generic loot filters for each class, already updated for 0.9. You can import the xml files and just tweak them as you go from there.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
seems fine now, to me, as well.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
If your build is pretty decent you can probably start monoliths around level 40, which isn't too bad.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I am excited for Falconry. I don't think I've done a throw build so this might be my chance.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Need to update the thread tag to Falconry.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah Shatter Strike Spellblade is pretty fun and there are easy to acquire set items that really get you started so you don't have to worry too much about item hunting to get things rolling.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think the 40k was for the multiplayer stress test so conservatively it'd be 50k but I imagine it'd be more than that.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I'm still trying to connect from the character select screen.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
My referral is PanicAtTheCostco

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Servers do seem to be pretty stable now and zone transitions have been fine. So they've stabilized it in less than a day (for the time being).

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
and as soon as I'm able to log in everything is stable and I got right in. you're welcome everyone.

also aerial assault is Cool as Hell

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

zoux posted:

Literally the worst part of the campaign, this is fantastic

That and having to do all that to just get your mastery. Much happier getting your mastery 10 levels sooner.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I like how Shadow Daggers keep getting nerfed and they're still busted. Great for a leveling build.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Double Bill posted:

Monoliths seem to work fine without any loading time, and you don't have to be level 58 to start doing them. I'm currently doing them at level 35, and it's been pretty doable so far. Depends on your build of course, ranged/minion builds are probably easier there at lower levels.

I don't know if they changed the exp bonuses/penalties since I last did it but you start leveling like you're level 1 again for a little while which is kind of a blast too.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Gyoru posted:

Server down now good thing I waited to get kicked before doing the timeline boss

:bird: progress so far

1/3 of the final monolith timelines done before empowered monos

dive bomb spam is hilarious

dive bomb, aerial assault, general falconry. i love it all

here's a handy video about how to build a solid leveling generic loot filter.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think it's just ARPG players in general.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Joined the merchant faction so I could buy stuff. Honestly didn't think I'd be able to sell anything but I sold 5 uniques and made a decent chunk of change.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Clocks posted:

My biggest complaint is that the search UX is kind of really meh (I didn't think I'd come out of that appreciating poe's trade section, but I do) and having to run to the different vendors is like, an annoying way to introduce friction.

Yeah it's pretty clunky. It's not too hard to get it to find what you want, but it could be a lot easier.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Alkanos posted:

I know I'm going to run into a wall once I hit Empowered Monoliths, but it's super fun being able to face tank bosses 15 levels higher than me.

Warlocks get so much ward generation right now. I'm just standing and casting in this screenshot and moving only for the big stuff.

As long as you have your resists maxed and you focus on getting towards 100% crit strike avoidance you'll be fine in low corruption empowered monos.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fknlo posted:

How far out is everyone taking monolith levels before resetting?

Usually around 15 base corruption from killing the Shade of Orybss

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
edit: nm! Just read the patch notes.

I sort of agree Profane Veil should be changed. it seemed like a bug to me.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
knowing how the devs operate through EA with enough pushback that they seem to be getting they'll probably reverse course