Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just bought this, figured I'd need some solo time to try it out before trying to convince my diablo friends to buy it anyway. I haven't really gotten to dig in yet because I'm playing a buncha other poo poo right now but I've kinda intentionally been ignoring looking too much into the mechanics so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey this game loving rules. When this goes full release and I can get some buds in here with me this shits going to be a blast. It really feels like the better parts of a lot of recent arpg's but also doing it's own things and it's really grabbed me by the balls after playing for a couple hours last night.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm around lvl 65 now and went Lich Acolyte with heavy poison/DOT stuff and it's extremely satisfying melting things in this game. The endgame stuff seems cool too but I might shelve this until MP comes out so I don't get sick of it. I am thoroughly enjoying this though and after spending some time with the crafting system it's great being able to sort of make what you need with the affixes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ryuujin posted:

Got a bunch of characters around level 26 trying out the different Masteries. So far my Lich is too fragile for what I am trying to do, can't keep the poison aura or curse aura up as my health and mana just drain way too fast.

Yeah I *really* tried to make poison aura work - there's a bunch of poison resist talents you can take across a few different abilities - and was able to get it to a point where when used in conjunction with Reaper mode, as long as I was hyper vigilant about it, I could disable it in time before I died like 50% of the time. But more often than not I'd get distracted or misclick or just get hit with something particularly hard and die from my own poison immediately. I've since given up on poison aura despite it doing a shitton of damage.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A lot of changes to Acolyte which is what I was doing so I might just start over on a new class. I don't think I'm going to put too much time into this until the MP update though. One of my Diablo friends has been playing this and getting hyped for it too so I'm kinda biding my time until then.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

queeb posted:

How are minions in this? I'm gonna level an acolyte.

They just did an overhaul of the acolyte minion abilities so now's probably the time to check em out, when I played I was an acolyte but didn't take any of the minion abilities because you eventually get upgrades that give chances to spawn temp minions when your abilities hit so I was able to take all poison/plague skills yet still most of the time during combat have ~10-20 grim reaper dudes flying around slicing stuff up without having to manually cast them. It's cool, and iirc I think they gave a lot of classes similar abilities so everyone can get some sort of minions going if you want.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hauki posted:

So far lightning Javelin Paladin is like, all the best parts of playing a d2 lf javazon with loads of flat damage, more damage and resist pen available on skills/tree. I'm still leveling it, but I two-shotted the last boss I hit in campaign lol.

Thanks for posting this, I started a new game going for this build and it's incredible. It's incredibly satisfying seeing a build come together as you get key upgrades that take it from "oh yeah this is pretty good!" to "holy poo poo everything is dying around me" in no time. It just feels like all the skills in this game have so many game changing upgrades and different ways you can tweak a build to your liking and it's really great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RaisinGirl posted:

Is the game easy enough playing campaign on normal that I can just play around with different skills and see what I enjoy before finding a proper endgame build?

Yeah absolutely. It gets harder later on for sure and you'll need to figure something out eventually but it's not really punishingly hard so yeah go in and screw around and see what works.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dang, Multiplayer still a ways away it seems like :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Damnit I was going to stay away from this until they added MP but this all sounds really cool!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A bit bummed that MP is only now coming for this; all of my Diablo-pilled friends who I at one point imagined playing this game with are in full blown "Why play any game but Diablo" mode by now.

Edit: I mean, better late than never, but still. :(

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 5, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My Diablo friends are already tired of the new D3 season and one of them already bought the game so hell yeah :getin:

They'll still probably bail when D4 comes out but hey I've got a couple months.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

queeb posted:

ok yeah after reading, druid seems like fun. Can be a cold spewing werebear, an earquaking werebear, a bug queen that bleeds stuff, a bug queen that ices stuff, hell yeah

That sounds awesome. I almost never do druids but I might have to try this out.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I assume offline characters can't be moved to online?

edit: from a couple minutes ago

quote:

Matchmaking Issue - Update

Hey everyone, quick update here.

We are working internally on two different solutions in parallel. First, a partial-solution that will improve matchmaking success rate. Second we are working with our service providers to address what we believe to be the root cause of our issues that is inhibiting matchmaking.

We are overwhelmed with the surge of excitement today, and thank you for your continued patience as we fix the issue effecting player connectivity. We are working hard to get you online as quickly as possible.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 10, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got in as well, queues are moving now. The number is a lie though so stick with it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat this game, predictably, fuckin rules with friends.

Edit:

boxcarhobo posted:

I disagree, just put everything into maelstrom and pump it while everything dies

Followed this advice and yeah that's a lot of fun

explosivo fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 10, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Steam Forums for this game are unreadable, I can't imagine the state of their Discord. The server stuff sucks but once we got in last night it was rock solid the whole way through.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did they change the models for the summons? I don't remember the bone golem looking so huge and awesome last time I played this like a year ago.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Status update a few minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/LastEpoch/status/1634273196663791619?s=20

(there is no update)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah queue numbers are just all over the place now

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's really easy to lose track of your party if they get a little too far away from you. There's no arrow that shows on the edge of the map so once they leave the boundaries of as far as the map will zoom out to show they just kinda disappear. I'm sure this can/will be fixed but a bit annoying atm!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Digging the werebear swipe build right now but I'm not totally sure if I'm supposed to be switching in and out of bear form to do maelstrom? I'm working on a node now that gives a chance to proc maelstrom on swipes/maul (in bear form) so I guess I'm stacking as many maelstrom as I can before going bear form then rushing in to clean up while mauling on CD for extra stacks of maelstrom?

Edit: Ah, yeah looks like that is generally what I want to be doing. The Ursine Storm node gives eventually a 32% chance to proc on maul in bear form so looks like I've about got the idea.

Edit 2: oh duh I just realized that Swipe is the basic attack in bear form as well so I'm getting chances of maelstrom on basic attacks in werebear form too.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 11, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like how global chat keeps reenabling itself and party chat switches back to global chat randomly so I accidentally send messages over global meant for my party like all the goddamn time. :argh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This feels surprisingly good on a controller, at least for leveling it seems like a pretty viable way to play. I did get a hard crash when using LB to cycle through skill in the leveling screen but as far as usability goes I think it's great. Especially when you combine it with a good loot filter so you don't have to sort through tons of poo poo drops using the dpad.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone else having their skills on the skill bar disappear, requiring you to set them all again? Also if I'm in werebear form when moving between zones I'm at risk of having my skills shift to the left. It's real weird!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just want global chat to stay off and party chat by default if I've selected it, it seems like if you're in a hub area it really wants global chat to be enabled.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Drone Incognito posted:

Man this game is actually fun to theorycraft builds in. I can look at my skills, check the keywords and then just take passives and skill tree nodes that synergize without needing a guide. So now I turn into a giant bug who spawns smaller bugs that poison and bleed things that I then consume to make a giant AoW death aura with my healing spriggan friend.

Yeah having the key words in the descriptions is such a nice QOL thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy, uh, something seems hosed right now. It's like it's matchmaking into random parties sometimes when changing zones. My friend just got TP'd into the middle of a fight during Apophis and Majasa, at least a few chapters away from where we are right now. I TP'd to him from the group panel and it was him plus two randoms and myself in a fight about 15 levels higher than where we're at right now. I hit the TP and it brought me to the town for that part of the game (which I had never seen or been to) and gave me a bunch of free XP and completed a handful of missions for me.

Edit: The dev/PR person in chat said that's exactly what's happening. I did also have one time where I went back to town and there was a completely random other person not in my party running around.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 12, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mayveena posted:

Trying to figure out if it makes more sense to buy the game now before the Steam sale, since it apparently has had queue issues. Those issues will get worse if the game goes on sale I would think. Thoughts?

The queue stuff was almost entirely from the first day or two after they pushed the MP update live for the first time, haven't seen a queue for a few days now. Game's still got a good amount of bugs and some content not yet added but I'm having a blast.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Werebear form really turns into a stone cold killer once you're getting Maelstrom stacks on just about everything you do combined with the rage buffs from stacking debuffs on enemies. It's like a minigun with the swipes speeding up as you attack until you're eventually just slashing like crazy with 15 stacks of maelstrom ticking away. You feel a bit like the Hulk dashing in, ground pound to take out most enemies around you and pull everything in, then warcry to push them all back out, do more damage, stack more debuffs, while you swipe away at whatever is left at that point (probably not much). I usually follow guides for how to build my class and it's always fun when it's not really coming together but you get the one key upgrade where everything falls into place and that's pretty much exactly what happened with this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaddish posted:

Just unlocked Druid and have been messing around with werebear but haven’t actually specced into it yet. I kind of feel like what’s the point? I certainly do just fine in regular form and I lose all my skills like maelstrom. I haven’t actually looked at the bear skills, I’m assuming there’s stuff in there to make it worthwhile.

The werebear skills correlate to skills out of werebear form, taking upgrades along with them.

Edit: I'm actually thinking "oh god why am I not in bear form" more often than not now that I have the right upgrades.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 13, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Whew, tried the first of the arenas today and we were feeling real cocky until the last few levels. My friend got nuked before we got to the champion so I had to fight him on my own and he absolutely annihilated me. Probably could have tried to dodge out of the way of his AOE but I didn't and welp. Always good to get brought back down to earth when you think you're an unkillable monster.

The glitchy traversal skills really feels bad when you're trying to quickly move around an arena floor with AOE's blowing up around you. My sprint in werebear form kept loving up and glitching so it showed me running when I wasn't, or keeps me in place. I also notice a lot of times my guy won't be attacking because I'm not clicking exactly on the enemy. There's no ctrl+click equivalent in this game so you can't just plant and swing which I think would alleviate that issue.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 14, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaddish posted:

Anyone getting a bug where the toolbar gets all wonky after changing zones? I have to go back to the main menu to fix it. Seems to happen primarily when shapeshifted.

Yeah it's a big issue with shapeshifting right now. I was bummed to see this wasn't fixed with the last update, along with the bug where you get stuck in the animation for Rampage until it rubber-bands you back to when it disengaged.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mover posted:

Oddly enough, the shapeshifting bug seems to effect characters in the campaign but goes away in monoliths. Something with how maps are loaded, i guess

I was actually going to mention this, I played last night almost exclusively doing monoliths and hadn't actually seen it happen all night.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Granted I haven't actually played it yet just watched some streams but.. I think this game might be better than Diablo 4.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mothmansplainer posted:

Is there going to be another character wipe with 1.0? I keep debating if I want to try this game now or wait.

The game director in chat said there's not going to be a wipe with 1.0. There will be a new season starting then though so there'll be reasons to start over from scratch but you won't be forced to.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay so now that I actually understand what I should be doing in the Echos I'm really enjoying the Monolith endgame grind. Before, my friend and I were clearing out every node and getting the max stability bonus before moving on but I had no idea about the corruption mechanic. Seems way more beneficial to rush through to find the "Echo of a world" nodes that will increase corruption after a boss fight. I'm really starting to see huge packs of mobs now which I felt was lacking a bit in the game up to this point. It's just so much fun Rampaging around in Werebear form ground pounding everything into dust.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just had an Arena run end because it continued to spawn enemies after the wave was over when it was asking me to pick the next drop and I was nuked by ranged enemies just before leaving the zone. It brought me into the next area already dead and forced me out :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's been mostly fine for me but did run into some issues with a dungeon run where a friend was getting blocked by barricades that weren't actually there and was shown doors that he actually couldn't go through. When I zoned into the next area as the host he teleported into nothingness and was forced to log relog which locked him out for the run because if you die in a dungeon you can't respawn, I guess. Bit of a bummer but other than that we haven't run into any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Big ol Hotfix just landed:

"Hotfix 0.9f Patch notes posted:

Fixed a rare bug which could lead to large online save data rollbacks. We’re still working on identifying any other causes of rollbacks and fixing them.
Fixed a bug where Druid Transform builds could sometimes end up with scrambled action bars, with incorrect and mispositioned abilities, which also caused the Human Form action bar to become blank.
Fixed a bug where traversal skills such as Lunge would consume more than 1 charge of the ability when used, and also consumed more than 1 charge of other traversal skills that share a cooldown.
Fixed a bug where an uninteractable reward rock could sometimes appear in Echo of a World, preventing interacting with the real reward rock.
Fixed a bug which caused ability use to be prevented if you were holding down a key after using a movement ability. This caused Dancing Strikes to be used much less frequently when holding the button than when rapidly pressing it.
Fixed a bug where quick selling items was not blocked on the client while gambling. This could cause the client to become out of sync with the server, with items appearing to be duplicated or lost. This was a visual/clientside bug; no items were lost or duplicated.
Fixed a bug where the Liath and Thetima quest could get stuck on the “Speak with Yulia in Thetima” objective.
Fixed some skill, passive and affix typos.

Account Creation
Fixed a bug which caused LE-51 errors to be shown if a problem occurred while picking a display name, rather than an error message that tells you what went wrong (i.e. name already in use, invalid characters, invalid length, profanity filter).

Enemy Fixes
Fixed a bug where some Void Despairs would have an outline appear after killing them.
Fixed a bug where some Void Despairs didn’t have a health bar.
Fixed a bug where Void Despairs would sink into the ground immediately upon dying.
Fixed a bug where the Void Penance didn’t have a top of screen health bar in multiplayer.
Fixed a bug where the indicator and animations for the Idol of Loathing would not re-time properly when it was chilled.

Notes
Thanks for continuing to report bugs and other issues. Here are two we’re working on, though we have several other fixes in progress:

We’re aware of a bug where some players are unable to enter Dungeons. This will be a priority for us to address this week; we weren’t able to finish a fix in time for this patch. However, we’ve seen that if you return to Character Select via the Leave Game button, you will be able to enter the dungeon. You should be able to try this without interacting with the Dungeon.

We’re also aware of rubberbanding happening during movement and movement skills.

Transformation action bar fix finally :toot: