Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This looks like all of the best bits of Diablo and Path of Exile rolled into one game. Last Epoch could be a serious new contender for best or at least new popular action RPG. Added to my Steam wishlist to buy once its available later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bought this last night against my better judgment probably. :v: Won't really get a chance to put serious time into until this weekend though, but what i've played so far has actually been pretty positive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been waiting patiently for this to come out of early access. I hope it still happens, progress has been very slow though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw that 0.9 is coming out next year, no exact release date yet, but it'll be the big multiplayer update. Exciting to see this get closer and closer to 1.0.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Epoch is really good. The game is just about finished, all that is really left is multiplayer to be honest. You can play it now and get most of the game and have a lot of fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's disappointing that Last Epoch is about a year behind schedule, but game is still really good so it's okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Update is out now, its a huge update https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/eternal-legends-beta-0-8-4-patch-notes/45588

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When multiplayer is introduced I hope last epoch still has offline and local saving.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the era of redoing the storyline multiple times in an action RPG is over now. None of the newer games do that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Elentor posted:

Multiplayer testing: https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/closed-multiplayer-testing-begins-development-update/48809

Also I got to write the part about performance :dance:

omg finally, the long delays and wait will be worth it though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

yea they just started the servers 30 mins ago and they're getting slammed, as has happened to every ARPG multiplayer launch in existence

you can make your character and then you get the "online play is not available" deal, I guess check https://twitter.com/LastEpoch for updates

The 1.0 update by the way will be adding a fully offline mode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

okay able to play now, game is as great as it has ever been.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The visual upgrade, and new zones added throughout the story campaign, are really nice. The 0.9.0 update is a beautiful upgrade.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dreylad posted:

seems fine now, to me, as well.

Yeah I was playing like an hour after launch. It isnt as bad as people are making it out to be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Noooooooo Offline mode is down right now. Was really hoping to play some before work. Looking forward to offline mode in 1.0 as that will not require the online servers to be working.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

King Cocoa Butter posted:

I made the mistake of going into the discord - I learned that they're deploying a server-side update, which is why we can't get in right now, but also the discord is full of idiots spamming that they can't get in and being jerks!

There's definitely a good number of bugs to address but I dunno, does anyone else remember PoE launch? This seems pretty good by comparison in terms of the networking code. My recollection playing PoE for the first year or two was rubber-banding (desyncing) a lot, almost literally every time you entered a doorway, and pretty severely, until they made a huge update to the code and introduced the lockstep stuff.

Fake edit: just got in!

Rubber banding was a huge pain point for PoE for the longest time. It took forever for the devs to fix it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Fake edit: just got in!

I still can't get in . :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh man, I want to follow build guides, but I hate Youtube videos for them. This guy says so much filler and really needs to write a script.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaddish posted:

I mean, it's just get that armor and max the amount of skellies you can get. It's not really even a build guide.

lol okay I was just super overthinking it. Thanks, that's the perfect run down. He could have just sent an e-mail.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How much of the story campaign is in the game right now? I got to chapter 9, but dont have anymore story quests to continue, or did I beat it? I will fully admit I didn't pay attention to the story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sacro posted:

Made an offline character during the Queue Troubles and it turns out it is now an online character after the patch that turned off the queue.

Yeah! It really just accesses the chat server. However, sometimes the entire LP login service goes down and then you can't play your offline characters. But this is going to change with 1.0 so that you'll be able to play whether the online is up or not.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love the end game map system for Last Epoch. It's basically Path of Exile, but addresses all of the player complaints that GGG refuses to listen to.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Offline mode is the way to go, there are people that are pretty dedicated right now to making cheat engine trainers for Last Epoch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Why does poo poo like this bother people so much? Like who cares. If you don't like purchasing cosmetics, don't.

I use to care about this but have been re-evaluating it, and honestly cosmetics and cash shops are here to stay. It sucks, but it is a massive money maker for game studios and more people than not are spending money on cash shops and that is never going to change. I guess i'm just tired of being old man yelling at clouds now. So I just ignore the cash shops and accept it as it is what it is and the times have changed. The vast majority of gamers have spoken and they are okay with it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

What sucks about cosmetic cash shops though? Are you that driven to have everything in a game or something? Like a completionism thing?

See that is what I mean, I use to be all :argh: ruining my video games, and then I saw how some people were overspending on cash shops and maybe being taken advantage of, and I used that as some sort of moral high ground to rally behind doing away with cash shops. But as I started to really think about it recently, neither of those things actually appear to really be true. And so i've just stopped caring and no longer feel like its ruining gaming. I'm in the camp finally of just ignoring it. I like what bobtheconqueror posted about cash shops.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Magitek posted:

Eve Online says hello

Eve Online is something else, not only can you pay real money to get your destroyed ship back, but you can pay for skill injections. The cash shop was the most profitable part for CCP, and they still had the balls to increase the monthly fee to $20 a month lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

one more month, ive waited this long. :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It seems like everyone has abandoned Diablo IV. Even the people I saw who were insisting Diablo IV was going to be the best ARPG of all time before it released, are no longer playing it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not sure anymore that the Diablo series was ever really that good. So many Action RPGs have come out since Diablo II, and many of them have been superior. Diablo III was only ever just okay, and Diablo IV will never be good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I plan on doing the campaign again when 1.0 launches, because its been a long time and I assume there is new content there? But after that will do campaign skip.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

As someone who has been playing since day 1 early access, I promise that Last Epoch is extremely good. It blows Diablo IV out of the water for quality. Excited to see so many new goons jumping in soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Good news - D4 will be on Gamepass soon -

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1758219989239423043

The person who posted this to Reddit said it's coming March 28th, but I don't know where they got that date from.

It came directly from the head of Xbox, Phil Spencer. But also its in the tweet you just shared. :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The entire games balance is centered around the cash shop and seasonal battle pass. So it completely ruins the flow and pacing of the game. There's no way to fix it unless the cash shop and battle passes are removed. The game has to be played a certain way in order to inflate player engagement and play hours. Its why the damage output of the classes is so low and enemies are such huge health sponges. Can't have players finishing the seasonal content too quickly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No point in playing Diablo IV either way no matter what, when a superior ARPG comes out of early access in 5 days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank god for the offline mode, but yeah the online play will be turbo hosed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Benson Cunningham posted:

Of all the ARPGs I've played though, Last Epoch is the one I feel least strongly about needing to be online for. That is assuming the SSF faction exists in offline mode.

I honestly prefer ARPGs to be offline, I like mods / save editors. Wish Path of Exile was offline.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would be surprised if the online is playable on the 21st. A lot of big name content creators for Path of Exile have been singing Last Epoch's praises ahead of its release, so the PoE community is going to rush this game hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, it's no big deal imo since we have offline. The game will be playable either way, just our preferred gameplay mode might not be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still excited for tomorrow. :homebrew: Having played the Early Access for years, I think everyone here will be really happy with the 1.0 launch minus the server problems. Just play offline in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

125,706 players In-Game