Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

30.5 Days posted:

Started playing this, halfway through the story I have a functioning build of lunge and warpath, and there is just... Nothing to support it. No buffs, no summons that key off the actual build I'm running, no long cd things I looked up builds online and all of them have 3 extra active skills that are completely unnecessary. Then I come here and they're getting rid of stances as abilities? I don't get it

Summons and stuff are in the specializations, at least for Sentinel. I'm running a Forge Guard build that's around Rive and Lunge, which gets support from Symbols of Hope (Paladin) and Ring of Shields, for example.

The buffs tend to be more generic, however. Like, with Symbols of Hope, I get +30% damage for every symbol I have active (up to 4), and then another +120% damage for 4s after I summon one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hauki posted:

The new void knight stuff looks cool too, might check that out next.

That's what I've been playing - using Warpath, Void Cleave, Erasing Strike, Lunge, and Volatile Reversal for mana sustain.

Void Cleave has a node that boosts its damage 80% if you've spent two seconds Warpathing, and another node that makes your next Erasing Strike a guaranteed crit, plus a node in Erasing Strike that doubles the damage if the target has 12 stacks of Time Rot, which you apply with Warpath.

It feels really good and fast paced.

Also they put a reference to Ea-nasir in the NPC chatter in this patch and I was howling with laughter. That's such a good joke. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Locator posted:

So at level 58 I am now doing maps I guess? Monolith things.

Is that the end of the game for now, or does the story pick up again after completing enough of these monolith things?

Currently there's only 9 chapters out of a planned 12 available, so yeah, it's monos for now.

There are nodes in monoliths that reset all your completed nodes, as well as corrupted nodes that completely reset the entire web.

And yeah, the difficulty keeps going up, and once you finish all three of the level 90 monos, you unlock empowered monos that start at level 100 and 100 corruption and have much bigger map penalties (but also way higher rare item drop rate).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Locator posted:

Thanks. Even after unlocking the 66 I wasn't sure because I haven't run enough of the 62 to see what was available to unlock that way, or whether it changed based on whether I had run the 58 twice.

Yeah, there's a couple of monoliths that are like that.

Keep an eye out for verbiage like [Unlocks Level 75 Monolith] vs [Unlocks Level 80 Monolith] in the dialogue during the echo quests.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh man, those chase items for crafting seem sick as hell too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, realistically, the extent that I care about a trading system is "oh hey this would be cool for my friend who wasn't with me when it dropped, I'll stash it for them for later", and I hope that's the balance ethos they approach the game with too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Well that sucks, gently caress Tencent.

I guess nothing to do for it though since I've already given them my money. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You can also rebind it - I have it on Mouse Button 5, for example.