Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Needed something casual to kill time lately and picked this up again. I still have little to no idea what I'm doing with skill trees and gem combinations... I'm figuring it out I guess but I'm not reading any guides. The synthesis league with the memory maps is kind of fun and they do a really good job of breaking up the monotony of the main campaign with aLl of the random extra stuff that pops up, I'm liking it way better than diablo. game on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I just started getting these tarot cards and I have no idea what to do with them

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I just started getting these tarot cards and I have no idea what to do with them

if you collect a bunch with the same name, you can trade them in for an item

it takes forever to collect a set of anything though

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The memory nexus is super fun but i accidentally outleveled the main story... I just killed Pious but I’m like 11 levels ahead. I can’t find the last two maze things yet, are those important to finish

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got my first skill point in this game, saw the skill tree, and screamed like Laura at the end of the newest Twin Peaks finale. No thanks.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got my first skill point in this game, saw the skill tree, and screamed like Laura at the end of the newest Twin Peaks finale. No thanks.

same except the scream was like my friends new boyfriend turning around their laptop and revealing theyre pannenkoek2012

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The memory nexus is super fun but i accidentally outleveled the main story... I just killed Pious but I’m like 11 levels ahead. I can’t find the last two maze things yet, are those important to finish
If you mean the Labyrinth in Sarn, yes but they're level- and progress-gated anyway. You'll want to do the first one if your character can handle it because you get powerful bonus skills. I hope you enjoy the game, I always burn out circa chapters 8/9 because I truly hate the late-game boss fights.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

same except the scream was like my friends new boyfriend turning around their laptop and revealing theyre pannenkoek2012

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I tried this briefly on PS4 and quite liked it but I figured I'd wait til the new season to get into it on PC because it starts in like 2 weeks. Bookmarked OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I get in on this rear end every few months OP. But right now I'm into Minecraft.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

You can play this on console now? I’m assuming kb/m is required

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Extra Gore

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Extra Gore

its awesome

i also burn out when I start getting into the postgame but i always play this obsessively every new season. hope to have some imps around for the next one, and that its got a fun gimmick. the memory stuff is really cool

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can play this on console now? I’m assuming kb/m is required

Oh for sure. You need the tactile response of the Steam Overlay in order to hold the Attack button down and hit the Potion button sporadically. Kino gaming,

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh for sure. You need the tactile response of the Steam Overlay in order to hold the Attack button down and hit the Potion button sporadically. Kino gaming,

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Leveled up! *plays Limp Bizkit - Keep Rollin' clip* Ahh, let's see. Think I'll get the next +0.3% Blunt Damage ATK boost. :getin: :black101: :coal: :coal: :coal: :getin: :black101:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It’s absolute madness

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like it but I've always hated the negative elemental resistance you get hit with in the later areas and having to worry about finding gear for it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a little better now that master crafting isnt so painful but I usually end up having to compensate for my lovely resists with an aura skill which is lame

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s absolute madness

All those options and then by the end if you’re not one of the maybe two particular endgame builds for your class you’re useless.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
there’s gotta be better casual games than this poo poo. come on

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

there’s gotta be better casual games than this poo poo. come on

There are really surprisingly few that hit on the diablo 2 nostalgia . It's kind of surprising that genre never saw a modern boom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There was a Path of Exile thread here. It's gone now.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
it's decent for mindless game until you have to do inventory management every 20 min, which is dumb

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

There are really surprisingly few that hit on the diablo 2 nostalgia . It's kind of surprising that genre never saw a modern boom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol i truly believe this is one of the greatest tragedies in the history of games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
imagine if instead of making sequels and slowly dying blizzard had just kept making new games, each destroying gamers minds in a brand new way

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

imagine if instead of making sequels and slowly dying blizzard had just kept making new games, each destroying gamers minds in a brand new way

haha, the way baby boomers feel about chinese fentanyl factories is pretty much exactly the way i feel about blizzard

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
these loving rats, these snakes.. selling casual games to our decent, quiet subforum. rotting my friends brains. makes me loving sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

these loving rats, these snakes.. selling casual games to our decent, quiet subforum. rotting my friends brains. makes me loving sick

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Clint Eastwood on his porch scowling at the latest Overwatch patch notes

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

clicked this thread mistakenly thinking it was about the 1995 game series, Exile.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

it's decent for mindless game until you have to do inventory management every 20 min, which is dumb

it definitely gets tedious once you have to go back to town constantly to dump money. i really hope they rework the money system at some point having like 50 different currencies is batshit crazy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Clint Eastwood on his porch scowling at the latest Overwatch patch notes

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I doubt I’ll ever play the endgame stuff but creating characters and making whatever build looks cool to me up to like level 40+ has been fun. I’m playing it casually so I don’t really care about the annoying endgame parts... didn’t diablo 2 do the exact same thing with late game resistances

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in diablo 2 it was much worse since you had 0 control over what resists you got and also monsters got arbitrary immunities so youd just have to skip a lot of fights your char wasnt built for

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The end game is fun and not as bad as the pro crowd tells you. You have to do a certain amount of DPS to beat the post game bosses, but the regular maps aren't nearly as bad. If you aren't resist capped or run into a reflect boss as a caster you might die a lot but whatever. It's fun to me anyway

Even if your DPS is bad you can probably still beat the post game if you have good leech or charge generation so who cares what the hardcore crowd thinks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Since I play Hardcore and get owned a lot I've never seen the end game and maybe that's how I can keep coming back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Say what you will but if you have a Diablo 2 itch then this game scratches it in a way nothing since Diablo 2 can, if you ask me, as someone who developed such Diablo 2 poisoning that I used to hallucinate tooltips over household objects.